The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 02, 2012, 09:18:21 PM #435 Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:11:48 AM by tygar
Quoteyou can click the quote button to quote stuff.. it makes it clear who you replied to.
Yeah sorry was early and I only saw quick reply  :(

After many many many hours of being retarted I got them downloaded and now figured out how to put on skins could someone please give me a code or tell me how to unlock all chars/stages also how to set up my char select so i can select everything ive seen it in a few videos but ive been searching for around an hour and i cant find a tutorial X.X

Hi pplz. Sorry for the noob question but how do i change links sword slash. I've been trying for days now and can't find anything.

Are you looking for the animation or where to put the file?

I guess I got a question. I already have homebrew on my wii and I've done texture hacks in the past, but now no matter what I can't get them to work. The brawl unlimited pause camera code for gecko works but I can't get any textures or anything else to work.

My wii has been updated to 4.3 [My mom did it when I was at college] but like I said homebrew is on there and works with gecko. I know I got files named right and in the right places. I even downloaded other people's packs of things to double check and even they don't work. I used your updated code as you put it in your tutorial and still nothing. Only thing that 'works' other than the camera is that random doesn't load any stages.

Can anyone help me figure out what's up and what I can do? Nothing freezes, everything still plays just nothing shows up. I've had no crashes or anything the only problems with random stages.

Also I'm using a US disc just in case that's something that needs to be known.

~Missy

Quote from: MissyRyusaki on August 11, 2012, 09:00:25 PM
I guess I got a question. I already have homebrew on my wii and I've done texture hacks in the past, but now no matter what I can't get them to work. The brawl unlimited pause camera code for gecko works but I can't get any textures or anything else to work.

My wii has been updated to 4.3 [My mom did it when I was at college] but like I said homebrew is on there and works with gecko. I know I got files named right and in the right places. I even downloaded other people's packs of things to double check and even they don't work. I used your updated code as you put it in your tutorial and still nothing. Only thing that 'works' other than the camera is that random doesn't load any stages.

Can anyone help me figure out what's up and what I can do? Nothing freezes, everything still plays just nothing shows up. I've had no crashes or anything the only problems with random stages.

Also I'm using a US disc just in case that's something that needs to be known.

~Missy
check the sd card for codes or update to ruvolution

Hi guys! I wanted to ask one simple thing ...
I downloaded V1.0 from here the Cloud: http://www.mediafire.com/?b2hokjs91lpku15
after I downloaded the file open and I went to see the instructions
who said this:
If you want to use the version That Spawns a mango instead of a pineapple, simply delete (or move to somewhere else)
FitIke.pac and rename FitIkeMANGO.pac to FitIke.pac
I do not understand anything I ... would you be kind enough to explain?

Quote from: mik97 on August 16, 2012, 08:31:03 AM
Hi guys! I wanted to ask one simple thing ...
I downloaded V1.0 from here the Cloud: http://www.mediafire.com/?b2hokjs91lpku15
after I downloaded the file open and I went to see the instructions
who said this:
If you want to use the version That Spawns a mango instead of a pineapple, simply delete (or move to somewhere else)
FitIke.pac and rename FitIkeMANGO.pac to FitIke.pac
I do not understand anything I ... would you be kind enough to explain?
its saying "if you want..." this means if you want that other version, set it up so the game picks up on that alternate hack watcher than the main one

want the mango?: delete fitike.pac from your SD card and drop in the MANGO one in there , but (so the game does NOT ignore it),  rename it to fitike.pac

August 17, 2012, 08:09:26 PM #442 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:55:34 PM by Senoue
Would I be able to do this with Neogamma, if I load the ISO from the SD and use the USB for the cheats?

Quote from: Senoue on August 17, 2012, 08:09:26 PM
Would I be able to do this with Neogamma, if I load the ISO from the SD and use the USB for the cheats?
ni, you can only load mods through the USB if you are using riivolution, otherwise, the mods HAVE to be on an SD card

if you use riivo, you will NOT be allowed to use pirated copies with it

Quote from: Diddy Kong on August 18, 2012, 03:04:47 AM
ni, you can only load mods through the USB if you are using riivolution, otherwise, the mods HAVE to be on an SD card

if you use riivo, you will NOT be allowed to use pirated copies with it

So, how would I go about using mods from the SD since I do not have a usable copy of the game anymore? I looked through the tutorials, and tried things, but still have failed.

August 18, 2012, 08:07:00 AM #445 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:16:27 AM by Thundaga_T2
Quote from: Senoue on August 18, 2012, 03:29:51 AM
So, how would I go about using mods from the SD since I do not have a usable copy of the game anymore? I looked through the tutorials, and tried things, but still have failed.
Get yourself an external hard drive, download the game from the internet, and use the usbloader (to boot the game) you can use the built in Ocarina to use the file patch code which will load the mods off your SD card like normal. Dont ask where to download the game though, search for it.

[Edit]Looking at your post again, you seem to already have the ISO, in that case just get an external hard drive, get the usbloader program and install it to your wii, and load the mods off your SD card through the built in Ocarina (part of the usbloader)
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Quote from: Senoue on August 18, 2012, 03:29:51 AM
So, how would I go about using mods from the SD since I do not have a usable copy of the game anymore? I looked through the tutorials, and tried things, but still have failed.
if you use neogamma or USB loader,  you have to use the file patch code and can ONLY load the mods from the SD card, what I thought you were saying was to have your SD setup on a USB stick instead, which the file patch code does not pick up from (only riivolution does), in USB loader, click brawl>settings>game load>ocarina>on>[start game]

Alright, I tried everything with file patch code and all with the Shadow Final Version, but when I go to Character Select, Sonic is still normal, and when I pick Sonic, the game freezes on Stage Select. Also, the install thing for the Shadow Final thing does not work properly.

Quote from: Senoue on August 18, 2012, 06:17:40 PM
Alright, I tried everything with file patch code and all with the Shadow Final Version, but when I go to Character Select, Sonic is still normal, and when I pick Sonic, the game freezes on Stage Select. Also, the install thing for the Shadow Final thing does not work properly.
the images on the character select do NOT use the models contained in the hack, thats a separete picture to hack on your own, its the in-match results that count

also it appears to have worked and is being recognized by the game because its freezing when loading him, normal brawl doesnt freeze when loading sonic

maybe your download was corrupted? try downloading again, then in
(SD CARD)> private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>fighter>sonic>
extract all the PCS and PAC files you find to there

also is your brawl version, japanese, european, or american? this and the wrong FPC can be the reason...

My brawl is American, I keep getting the freezing error. I will try this with a retail disc in a bit. Going to go out and buy one. Also, I am not sure as to where I put the Sound effect hex files that was included in the download