The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ok, so i'm a Noob at Brawl Hacks(big surprise, :P), and i plan on doing a machinima in the future. Quick question though, i don't plan on getting a Wii, but i did hear that you could still do Brawl hacks and get Homebrew on a Wii U(well, to hack Wii games anyway). I'd like to know what are the main differences when it comes to the instructions in the Opening post if i decide to hack Brawl with a Wii U rather than a Wii? What would i have to do differently?

Quote from: spiderfreak1011 on July 25, 2014, 08:55:06 AM
Ok, so i'm a Noob at Brawl Hacks(big surprise, :P), and i plan on doing a machinima in the future. Quick question though, i don't plan on getting a Wii, but i did hear that you could still do Brawl hacks and get Homebrew on a Wii U(well, to hack Wii games anyway). I'd like to know what are the main differences when it comes to the instructions in the Opening post if i decide to hack Brawl with a Wii U rather than a Wii? What would i have to do differently?
same as hacking the wii before the gameless hacks came out

2GB SD max
must have brawl disc
must use the stage builder thing (same [censored] project M launches through)

Can anyone help me get the .pac/.pcs info for the characters the link to it has been disabled and I don't know where else I could get it from.

hey,I have a mac o code maneger and file patch code aren't working,iS THERE ANYONE I CAN HIRE TO HELP ME I WILL PAY YOU FOR IT

Quote from: Rai909 on July 27, 2014, 10:38:54 PM
Can anyone help me get the .pac/.pcs info for the characters the link to it has been disabled and I don't know where else I could get it from.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vhNdf69qaSZ0N0MnBjOXFYMU0#

Quote from: ptoung on July 28, 2014, 12:25:38 AM
hey,I have a mac o code maneger and file patch code aren't working,iS THERE ANYONE I CAN HIRE TO HELP ME I WILL PAY YOU FOR IT
no need to pay people now, the code manager doesn't work on a mac, and for the file patch code, as per standard proceedure. I ask to verify a few things:

your SD card, is it a 2 GB or smaller? (without further tinkering with the wii, you cant use a larger SD card and be able to load mods (or codes))

have you installed your mods (if any) in their proper place?

stages for example should be
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGFINAL.pac

for fighters
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/diddy/fitdiddy00.pcs

for music
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/x24.brstm

Quote from: Diddy Kong on July 25, 2014, 08:22:18 PM
same as hacking the wii before the gameless hacks came out

2GB SD max
must have brawl disc
must use the stage builder thing (same [censored] project M launches through)


Got it, thanks for letting me know! I have one more question though, if you don't mind. I've heard that you need LOZ Twilight Princess in order to set up Homebrew, is this true?

July 31, 2014, 04:42:59 PM #697 Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:46:47 PM by Bazookaturtle
Ok, so everything seems like it would be working except that your brawl XML for rivolution is just a bunch of stuff, and not a file. I can't put it into my SD card!

Post Merge: July 31, 2014, 04:46:47 PM

Quote from: ptoung on July 28, 2014, 12:25:38 AM
hey,I have a mac o code maneger and file patch code aren't working,iS THERE ANYONE I CAN HIRE TO HELP ME I WILL PAY YOU FOR IT
At this point, I would do the same. I've been working on one texture hack for about a month now, barely knowing what I'm doing.

Quote from: spiderfreak1011 on July 31, 2014, 09:36:53 AM
Got it, thanks for letting me know! I have one more question though, if you don't mind. I've heard that you need LOZ Twilight Princess in order to set up Homebrew, is this true?
the brawl disc is easier, TP needs a speial infected save file on the wii system memory, brawl, you just go with the exploit and go to stage builder

Quote from: Bazookaturtle on July 31, 2014, 04:42:59 PM
Ok, so everything seems like it would be working except that your brawl XML for rivolution is just a bunch of stuff, and not a file. I can't put it into my SD card!

Post Merge: July 31, 2014, 04:46:47 PM
At this point, I would do the same. I've been working on one texture hack for about a month now, barely knowing what I'm doing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6us659reuxco4p/BeyondRiivolution.xml

select download and use the gecko diretory setup for this config

I'm a 3D modeler, but I'm not too good with rigging, vertex hacking, etc. when it comes to Brawl hacks. (The most I've ever done is make recolors for previously made and textured models.) My question is, is there a place on these forums (or elsewhere) where I can post links to models that I've made (or collected. I would, of course, give credit to the original creator.) so that others who are more experienced can rig them so they can be usable in Brawl?

Quote from: Diddy Kong on July 31, 2014, 06:55:53 PM
the brawl disc is easier, TP needs a speial infected save file on the wii system memory, brawl, you just go with the exploit and go to stage builder
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6us659reuxco4p/BeyondRiivolution.xml

select download and use the gecko diretory setup for this config

Got it thanks, cause i'm only interested in Brawl hacking. :)

DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW ANYONE I CAN HIRE TO HELP ME WITH THIS

You don't have to hire anybody. If you need help, just ask.

Quote from: ptoung on August 06, 2014, 06:00:33 PM
DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW ANYONE I CAN HIRE TO HELP ME WITH THIS
Quote from: Diddy Kong on July 28, 2014, 09:43:52 AM
no need to pay people now, the code manager doesn't work on a mac, and for the file patch code, as per standard proceedure. I ask to verify a few things:

your SD card, is it a 2 GB or smaller? (without further tinkering with the wii, you cant use a larger SD card and be able to load mods (or codes))

have you installed your mods (if any) in their proper place?

stages for example should be
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGFINAL.pac

for fighters
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/diddy/fitdiddy00.pcs

for music
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/x24.brstm

did you NOT read above?
that was some help posts in figuring out your problem and the solution to it

I just downloaded Pikezer's hack, and I can't seem to get it to work. I even reformatted my SD card and reinstalled Homebrew Channel, along with deleting my old SSBB save in case it may have been corrupt. I tried running it through Gecko, and it just gives me All the normal characters you start the game with, and the stage select screen has a bunch of copied Hannebro(Or however it's spelt) and Pokemon Stadium 2's. Anyone know what my problem is?