The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Diddy Kong on April 16, 2015, 07:02:02 PM
the game doesn't make folders it doesn't need, the game (without hacking) only needs the AL RP and ST folders

mods use a user-created ddirectory, you need to create the PF/fighter/xxx folders yourself on the computer (right click -> new -> folder) also, unless you are using riivolution from homebrew or already installed on the wiiU, you cannot use an SD card larger than 2 GB or brawl will say the device in the slot cannot be used
As I tried this (creating the folders myself) I set the Riivolution to replace default files and put a texture called cosmicyoshi.pcs into a folder I created called yoshi. It didn't work, and I was wondering if you could help again. Sorry for any troubles

I made a sword in blender and I'm trying to put it over toon links Master Sword how would one do that or replace the sword in general

Quote from: GamerX102 on April 18, 2015, 02:05:37 AM
As I tried this (creating the folders myself) I set the Riivolution to replace default files and put a texture called cosmicyoshi.pcs into a folder I created called yoshi. It didn't work, and I was wondering if you could help again. Sorry for any troubles
change cosmicyoshi.pcs to be named fityoshi00.pcs and try again

Quote from: Diddy Kong on April 25, 2015, 12:29:23 AM
change cosmicyoshi.pcs to be named fityoshi00.pcs and try again
When I tried this, it didn't work. Might there be any other problems?

Quote from: GamerX102 on April 26, 2015, 10:50:00 PM
When I tried this, it didn't work. Might there be any other problems?
remember, you need to have a way of applying mods, booting the game normally wont yield mods

on your 2GB or LESS SD card

private->wii->app->RSBE->pf->fighter->yoshi->fityoshi00.pcs


also, if you are using a european copy, its RSBP (in the codes AND for the folder)
if you are japanese copy, its RSBJ (in the codes and folder)

Quote from: Diddy Kong on May 02, 2015, 05:42:11 PM
remember, you need to have a way of applying mods, booting the game normally wont yield mods

on your 2GB or LESS SD card

private->wii->app->RSBE->pf->fighter->yoshi->fityoshi00.pcs


also, if you are using a european copy, its RSBP (in the codes AND for the folder)
if you are japanese copy, its RSBJ (in the codes and folder)
I double checked the names, loaded from a 2GB sd card, and loaded from Riivolution. It still doesn't work. Should I give you a link to the file?

Quote from: GamerX102 on May 03, 2015, 03:39:10 PM
I double checked the names, loaded from a 2GB sd card, and loaded from Riivolution. It still doesn't work. Should I give you a link to the file?
snapshot your enture SD card, i have a feeling i know what's missing

Quote from: Diddy Kong on May 04, 2015, 02:46:11 AM
snapshot your enture SD card, i have a feeling i know what's missing
I downloaded and added the new .xml while deleting the old one and my WiiU crashed. Any options I need to change?

Quote from: GamerX102 on May 04, 2015, 09:08:17 PM
I downloaded and added the new .xml while deleting the old one and my WiiU crashed. Any options I need to change?
the one from the link in my last post should work reguardless, if you are using riivo version 1.05, please upgrade it to 1.06, check that your codes on the SD card do NOT have any file patch codes (to be safe, just delete your SD card cheat codes for brawl), or codes that may cause the game to freeze, brawl w/codes (turns on mods and codes), and GXDraw hook (recommended for brawl, another hook is used if you use the online patch code)

To run this, do you need Gecko Cheat Manager?



Quote from: GamerX102 on May 07, 2015, 09:47:51 PM
It crashed
im guessing at the strap screen (weather or not you have a strap mod) this means you have 1.05 riivo (1.05 riivo does NOT work with brawl unless you use a console's built in gamecube port and do NOT connect a single wii remote [ original wii only, will crash no matter what on wii U]), update to 1.06

if you have, and its freezing somewhere else, the mod is bad or you installed the mod wrong and/or forgot something (i do not recommend brawlex mods or slot ports to anyone just starting to get into mods or not experienced to the point they can make their own character mods from scratch)

May 08, 2015, 08:48:09 PM #733 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:59:28 PM by GamerX102
I do have 1.06, so I will try to use a different model and see if that works. I'll respond later with what happens.

Post Merge: May 08, 2015, 08:59:28 PM

Tried a Yoshi skin called Polygon Yoshi and it crashed.

Quote from: GamerX102 on May 08, 2015, 08:48:09 PM
I do have 1.06, so I will try to use a different model and see if that works. I'll respond later with what happens.

Post Merge: May 08, 2015, 08:59:28 PM

Tried a Yoshi skin called Polygon Yoshi and it crashed.
link the hack please also try a mod from my profile (none should crash), ill look into the mod, and if mine crashes, you have some incompatability loaded