The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 10, 2015, 12:32:28 AM #735 Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:38:37 AM by GamerX102
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?MainType=Character&Target=Yoshi Bottom part of 2nd page

Post Merge: May 10, 2015, 12:38:37 AM

I used Carbon Fiber Yoshi (Your own hack) and it crashed. Is it possible that the .xml I'm using (The one you posted) is corrupted or can't be used on the WiiU

Quote from: GamerX102 on May 10, 2015, 12:32:28 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?MainType=Character&Target=Yoshi Bottom part of 2nd page

Post Merge: May 10, 2015, 12:38:37 AM

I used Carbon Fiber Yoshi (Your own hack) and it crashed. Is it possible that the .xml I'm using (The one you posted) is corrupted or can't be used on the WiiU
the xml will never have any role in crashing, DELETE fityoshi.pac and fityoshimotionetc.pac from your sd card if you have those file(s), delete common5.pac and mu_menumain.pac from your SD card,

the following files can crash if they are corrupt or bad (only accountign what you are testing and up to that point):
strapen.pac, OPMovie.thp, sc_title, mu_menumain.pac, common5.pac, ft_yoshi.rel, fityoshi.pac, fityoshimotionetc.pac, fityoshixx.pac (all costume files in PAC form), info.pac

if you can supply video of the game crashing starting from the riivolution boot all l the way up to the crash, i can detect why exactly it may be crashing




I have all the right files, I have Homebrew, I have some textures- in the right place and I have Riivolution!
I'll boot up Riivoloution- but the "File Code Replacements" option wont show up!

Peachy :3

I was following the steps to Creating a mod from your"3. You will need Brawl's original files to base your hacks off of. All of the files except for the movies can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170."

and when I clicked the link there was no folder found DX please help me?

May 12, 2015, 09:22:16 AM #742 Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:40:46 AM by Diddy Kong
Quote from: Peachy11 on May 10, 2015, 11:52:39 PM
I have all the right files, I have Homebrew, I have some textures- in the right place and I have Riivolution!
I'll boot up Riivoloution- but the "File Code Replacements" option wont show up!

what riivo configuration are you using?

Post Merge: May 12, 2015, 09:40:46 AM

Quote from: xYoungShadowx on May 11, 2015, 08:47:25 PM
I was following the steps to Creating a mod from your"3. You will need Brawl's original files to base your hacks off of. All of the files except for the movies can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170."

and when I clicked the link there was no folder found DX please help me?
go to the resources page (link's at the top of this  page), its at the bottom, and should be a google drive link, everything got migrated to there

Can you do this on a emulator too? I just want to add hacks, not make them.

Quote from: Direact_N1 on May 12, 2015, 07:20:37 PM
Can you do this on a emulator too? I just want to add hacks, not make them.
dolphin - ISO inject required (rom hacking)

May 16, 2015, 01:45:57 PM #745 Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:49:34 PM by pikacgy385
Hi i am new here. Diddy i dowload many texture hacks here and i use wiiscrubber to mod, but i burn the image and in the wii crashs every time. I deleted the save from wii and wii brawl, but now is very bad. The game freezes in the middle of the battle. You can help me?

Quote from: pikachu385 on May 16, 2015, 01:45:57 PM
Hi i am new here. Diddy i dowload many texture hacks here and i use wiiscrubber to mod, but i burn the image and in the wii crashs every time. I deleted the save from wii and wii brawl, but now is very bad. The game freezes in the middle of the battle. You can help me?
you either deleted important files from your ISO or have bad mods (or missing or not applying, codes needed to avoid the crash ( files MUST be named after their disc counterparts (eg: common5.pac MUST be named common5_en.pac)

Quote from: Diddy Kong on May 16, 2015, 09:31:59 PM
you either deleted important files from your ISO or have bad mods (or missing or not applying, codes needed to avoid the crash ( files MUST be named after their disc counterparts (eg: common5.pac MUST be named common5_en.pac)

Diddy, I replaced some Subspace of videos with a smaller video. And some characters actually had some codes, but do not know how to use them, I thought only served to who used the riievolution.

Quote from: pikachu385 on May 17, 2015, 05:02:01 PM
Diddy, I replaced some Subspace of videos with a smaller video. And some characters actually had some codes, but do not know how to use them, I thought only served to who used the riievolution.
if its codes like "ex has Wy's IC constant" ones, those are required or it will crash, riivolution only directly replaces files, it does not alter what's not present, with gecko, its got a code that directly alters sections in memory and replaces them with ones from the files on the SD card (the codes that stablize are still required when they are noted or supplied)

The best solution for me is to download another iso and redo everything from scratch because I deleted everything and pc problem may be the songs that I replaced too? Because oddly enough, it works perfect in Dolphin, only on Wii giving problem.