Gecko vs. Riivolution

Started by moleman915, August 02, 2010, 04:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gecko and Riivolution should have a baby...

My Prize:
Quote from: Hollow on August 10, 2010, 04:22:58 PM
chicken noodle soup that'll be all :>.>:

They wont do that because of their motto to not support piracy, and if I remember correctly Gecko can load backups. Besides riivolution can load ocarina codes just, if not better, than Gecko. Thats how I do my file replacement with Riivolution and extra cheats with ocarina at the same time.
Dragon eggs... Yeah. Click them. Click them all.


Credit to RobzdaBlades for the sig.


I mostly use Riivolution because it's simple to me. But when I'm recording something, like a little portion for a machinima or something, I use Gecko.   

I use Riivolution, but I'm still waiting for some sound effect hacks that interest me to come out.  I haven't done too many hacks since I got Riivolution, but when I do need to take snapshots, I either use BrawlBox or switch over to Gecko for a bit.


I use Gecko because is simple, Riivolution dont work in my wii --'
Here my GCT an edit of Project M some code of Brawl+ and Brawl- Enabled added in Project M : http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27497
___________________________________

i use both
gecko for sd cards
riivolution for usbs
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: Pokechao on August 03, 2010, 01:46:33 AM
i use both
gecko for sd cards
riivolution for usbs
<_<

Is the loading speed from USBs with Riivolution any good?

August 03, 2010, 02:27:18 PM #22 Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:52:33 PM by crashouti
Quote from: BeyondYou on August 03, 2010, 01:49:37 AM
Quote from: Pokechao on August 03, 2010, 01:46:33 AM
i use both
gecko for sd cards
riivolution for usbs
<_<


Is the loading speed from USBs with Riivolution any good?
Geco is for sd and usb and rivolution for sd ?
Here my GCT an edit of Project M some code of Brawl+ and Brawl- Enabled added in Project M : http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27497
___________________________________

For me, I find that loading files from a USB flash drive with Riivolution is slower than using my microSD card with Gecko; but I also have a 2GB SD card that is just as slow when used with either one.

To clarify, Both Gecko and Riivolution load their respective codes off of SD/USB. They don't load games off of USB.
Dragon eggs... Yeah. Click them. Click them all.


Credit to RobzdaBlades for the sig.


I don't know if anyone brought this up yet, but Riivolution also has RiiFS, which lets you keep all your files on your computer, lets you change them and they'll be updated in game (kinda like Gecko), and you can stream stuff from servers (I think Bionic Sonic has a RiiFS server for mods or something?).

However, the loading time is just terrible, and you still can't save things to the SD card or take your SD card out of the slot. It's also difficult to set up for some people.

I think you can use the SD card in Brawl while using RiiFS, as long as you've got the newest versions of both RiiFS and Riivolution. Start Riivolution without the SD card in and the RiiFS server running, and they should find each other automatically.

August 03, 2010, 10:31:21 PM #27 Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:46:19 PM by crashouti

Quote from: crashouti on August 03, 2010, 09:00:21 PM
I have 4.3U and i can use texture and more with geco,

and emu for wii
Quote from: crashouti on August 03, 2010, 10:39:44 PM
bannerbomb dont worc for 4.3, I use stac smash (sd hacing custom stage)

BTW(I choose ramdom in mode brawl because its freeze when im choose the stage --)
riivolution dont worc for me
Here my GCT an edit of Project M some code of Brawl+ and Brawl- Enabled added in Project M : http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27497
___________________________________

I want to use Riivolution but my Nintendo Wii can't read Compact Disks

Made by my best friend, Annelies.
My High quality BRSTMs Collection!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59370.0

I think you are mistaken, Wii reads DVDs or digital video disks not CDs. Either way a broken disk drive sucks. If you are brave enough you can find replacements on eBay.
Dragon eggs... Yeah. Click them. Click them all.


Credit to RobzdaBlades for the sig.