vERtEx GAllER¥ KTH : End of vertex

Started by KTH, August 04, 2010, 09:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What do you want?

Chris Redfield
9 (10.2%)
Roronoa Zoro
6 (6.8%)
Ryu
13 (14.8%)
GIVE ME A CAKE >=O
11 (12.5%)
Energy Sword
6 (6.8%)
Dat Melee Stage
0 (0%)
Melee Stuff! Melee Stuff!
9 (10.2%)
VEGETAAAAAAAAAA
23 (26.1%)
Dr.Mario
9 (10.2%)
OK, if you have vote for this one vote for both last ones or it is whom you are the same given step has difficulty for reading my message :srs:
2 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Nice improvement. I do find it odd you nulled the Smash Ball eyes, but it is a great update nonetheless.

@Nanobuds: Oh hush up about it already. Geeze, and people think I don't know how to let stuff go.  :srs:

@Mega Man:

While the improvements are apparent, I still think Megaman can use some improvement in terms of his body shape.

Okay, yes, there are limitations, and I am not denying KTH's work and effort here, and this version is much better visually than the last one (I.E the nulled normals), but, to be bluntly honest, I compare it to these.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


-and by that I mean I am literally comparing it side by side with the official art, and I still see room for improvement. Namely in his disproportionate body build in comparison to the official art, and the fact the right arm could be a normal arm while something else (a separate polygon on the model, or an article) could act as the Mega Buster model, instead of having a misshapen cylinder for a buster.

That, and yes, I think this one's texture could also use a tad more detail, namely a slight metallic effect would suit it well.

-but despite my criticisms: Good job KTH.


3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

u are using the normal nulling too much...
it has a pretty negative part: it takes away life...

seriously, what u do is make it completely anti-shadowing... which is weird... the cool thing about normals, is that u could add a block coor, and it would look good because of automatic shading... but without the normals... thats gone.


now, about he hack in particular, its a pretty good improvement ^^
a lot less nessier, which is always good and awesome.

Are you suggesting that he use the Homerun bat As the buster while the Right arm is normal or something?

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 08, 2011, 01:05:34 AM
Are you suggesting that he use the Homerun bat As the buster while the Right arm is normal or something?

Yes. Why?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Megaman looks nice. It's definitely better than before. And I think using the bat the arm cannon isn't a bad idea tbh. Because normally Megaman has both free arms and his buster comes up only when it's needed.

Though personally I prefer his battle network look but that's just me.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Sounds good, but you would have to reattach the bat and alter what bone it's attached to for it to move or work correctly.

IIRC, it's Attached to his right hand or RHaveN bone. It needs to be reattached to his Right Arm for it to not look terrible.

...You know...A thought just came to me...

Mega Man vertex on Pit?

I can see how it all works in my head right now. Pit would also be perfect for Bass, cause his wings could be used for an Alternate model for the Treble Boost.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on August 08, 2011, 02:34:03 AM
...You know...A thought just came to me...

Mega Man vertex on Pit?

I can see how it all works in my head right now. Pit would also be perfect for Bass, cause his wings could be used for an Alternate model for the Treble Boost.
I think a Megaman Volnutt would work nicely on Pit.

And glad I'm thinking the same with Bass.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on August 08, 2011, 02:35:24 AM
I think a Megaman Volnutt would work nicely on Pit.

And glad I'm thinking the same with Bass.

Mega Man Classic would also be perfect for Pit. Remember his MvC1, 2 and Mega Man 7 and 8 incarnations?

Here is how I imagine this:

Pit's hair is turned into Mega's helmet, the rings on Pit's right arm become the earpieces on the side the helmet, the body is made, get rid of all of his toga except for any necessary parts. His Laurels become the light blue embossings on his helmet (the blue square and the rectangle that curves over the helmet) either that or some other part of his outfit that does not move. Use something Pit has and vertex it into the Buster, and if necessary, reattach it to his right arm.

I could see Bass being a problem on Pit though. Cause you have two-three main problems.

1. What would you use to make his helmet, and keep in mind his fins are different from Bass.EXE's

2. What would you use yo make the shoulder armor, let alone Bass' chestplate and buster?

3. Would you have enough polygons to mess around to have everything you need to make him?

It's too bad I have no talent for vertexing at all, or I might try to pull it off myself.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Geez people, what's with all the aggressiveness towards KTH's hacks? He's amazing at what he does, and you're being pretty rude and kinda nit-picky. Yes, it's flawed, but even Beyond's hacks have flaws, and yet he gets unreal praise. So come on, at least say some things you LIKE about the hacks before bashing it. It's called constructive criticism.

Quote from: Velen on August 08, 2011, 02:48:37 AM

Mega Man Classic would also be perfect for Pit. Remember his MvC1, 2 and Mega Man 7 and 8 incarnations?
True. He was pretty tall in those games.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Dark Aura on August 08, 2011, 02:50:17 AM
Geez people, what's with all the aggressiveness towards KTH's hacks? He's amazing at what he does, and you're being pretty rude and kinda nit-picky. Yes, it's flawed, but even Beyond's hacks have flaws, and yet he gets unreal praise. So come on, at least say some things you LIKE about the hacks before bashing it. It's called constructive criticism.

I wasn't being aggressive this time like I was the night before with Lloyd, where I blew my top over the lack of detail in the texture without any provocation (and I still wonder why the hell I blew up when I had had such a good day...) This time I was being true to my feelings on it, and comparing it to the source material (Mega Man Official Artworks).

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on August 08, 2011, 02:55:20 AM
I wasn't being aggressive this time like I was the night before with Lloyd, where I blew my top over the lack of detail in the texture without any provocation (and I still wonder why the hell I blew up when I had had such a good day...) This time I was being true to my feelings on it, and comparing it to the source material (Mega Man Official Artworks).
Quote from: Velen on August 08, 2011, 02:55:20 AM
I wasn't being aggressive this time like I was the night before with Lloyd, where I blew my top over the lack of detail in the texture without any provocation (and I still wonder why the hell I blew up when I had had such a good day...) This time I was being true to my feelings on it, and comparing it to the source material (Mega Man Official Artworks).
I know, I'm talking about in-general when it comes to his hacks and the response they get. Your Mega review was a good example of good criticism.

Got to try Lloyd and Megaman.

I have to say, it's not bad, but it's not good.

The texture used for the collar seems stretched.

I'm a little iffy with the body texture too.

The Megaman is a huge improvement from your old one. A texture like Dhargen's would've been nice, but this works just as well.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]