Question: New....
Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New

Pages:  1 ... 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 ... 540
Author Topic: Beyond? Oh, he moved out.  (Read 1984746 times)
Puraidou
The one and only
Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3525 on: March 28, 2011, 07:59:10 AM »

I have to agree with Wolfric on this. you guys make it sound that a BSOD would be the end of a pc/laptop... IT'S NOT!
    A BSOD happens, i had it before. A quick fix did it and i NEVER had it again. Sure some people are lucky and never get one, some less lucky and get it about 5 times a month (like my little bro, who's pc is still waiting to be fix'd by Dell.. I might fix the damn thing myself..). It happens, no need to call Armageddon right away..

TL;DR: BSOD is NOT the end of your pc/laptop. Only once in a trillion it happens to end your pc but that's so damn rare. So relax stay positive and wait patiently for Beyond to return.

There i said it, hate me for being positive if you want but it's my opinion and i work with hardware and software every day. So i know what i'm saying.
    « Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:00:12 AM by Yubel Pride » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3526 on: March 28, 2011, 08:26:56 AM »

I have to agree with Wolfric on this. you guys make it sound that a BSOD would be the end of a pc/laptop... IT'S NOT!
    A BSOD happens, i had it before. A quick fix did it and i NEVER had it again. Sure some people are lucky and never get one, some less lucky and get it about 5 times a month (like my little bro, who's pc is still waiting to be fix'd by Dell.. I might fix the damn thing myself..). It happens, no need to call Armageddon right away..

TL;DR: BSOD is NOT the end of your pc/laptop. Only once in a trillion it happens to end your pc but that's so damn rare. So relax stay positive and wait patiently for Beyond to return.

There i said it, hate me for being positive if you want but it's my opinion and i work with hardware and software every day. So i know what i'm saying.

^ Totally agreed.

(Yay! We both mess with Hardware/Software!  Happy Face)

Thany
    That kinky ol' broad
    Mega Kitten

It's Legendary!

• Awards Starstormer Pin Collector Featured Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3527 on: March 28, 2011, 09:07:09 AM »

I know my old comp kept getting blue screens, like...Pretty much all the time.
    Usually when trying to shut it down, but it still lives.(Windows 98)

Happened a-LOT ;_;

Oy... Had no idea that they were lethal in any way. I always just saw it as a meager annoyance ._.'

*builds temple, dons WhiteMage robes and begins praying and waiting*

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3528 on: March 28, 2011, 10:00:22 AM »

So yea, been looking up [censored] and apparently it's an NTFS file system error and I need an XP installer disc so I can run CHKDSK on my hard drive. But I kinda don't have one at the moment and am looking for alternatives at the moment.

My dad was like if I don't get it fixed, he's throwing it out and buying a new one which means I'll have to start from scratch and get it setup for my hacking stuff. ;_; Hopefully I can fix it soon.

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3529 on: March 28, 2011, 10:13:41 AM »

So yea, been looking up [censored] and apparently it's an NTFS file system error and I need an XP installer disc so I can run CHKDSK on my hard drive. But I kinda don't have one at the moment and am looking for alternatives at the moment.

My dad was like if I don't get it fixed, he's throwing it out and buying a new one which means I'll have to start from scratch and get it setup for my hacking stuff. ;_; Hopefully I can fix it soon.
    If you have a second computer, download the XP install disk ISO to it and try burning it on a disk for use in the damaged computer.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3530 on: March 28, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »

Beyond, get a mini Windows XP CD, that'll make Windows boot from the CD on your computer, that way you can attempt to fix it or save/make a backup/upload the files on your computer. If you're interested, I can get you the DL link of the .ISO via PM.

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #3531 on: March 28, 2011, 10:23:06 AM »

Beyond, get a mini Windows XP CD, that'll make Windows boot from the CD on your computer, that way you can attempt to fix it or save/make a backup/upload the files on your computer. If you're interested, I can get you the DL link of the .ISO via PM.

Yes please. I'm interested. D:

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3532 on: March 28, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »

Yes please. I'm interested. D:

Sent, hope it helps, it's helped me a lot when having certain problems similar to this one. =D

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3533 on: March 28, 2011, 10:37:17 AM »

Hiren's boot cd could work to but a Windows disc is better

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3534 on: March 28, 2011, 10:47:24 AM »

Hiren's boot cd could work to but a Windows disc is better

I sent him a Hiren's DL link as well, in case Mini Windows XP didn't work (I'm pretty sure it will, though, but who knows. XD)

moleman915
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3535 on: March 28, 2011, 11:04:13 AM »

If worse comes to worst, pop that son of a [censored] open and snag the hard drive, that way you can at least hook it up and get all of your projects back. And If you guys are just gonna throw it out, salvage as many parts as you can, who knows, you may get a pretty penny for some of it.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #3536 on: March 28, 2011, 11:48:32 AM »

This is a chance for the fanboys to help THE BeyondYou recover his files and such.

Fanboys, unite!

Thany
    That kinky ol' broad
    Mega Kitten

It's Legendary!

• Awards Starstormer Pin Collector Featured Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3537 on: March 28, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »

^ Fangirls, too :3

I'd be glad to help, but...Umm...Err...How? o.o'

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3538 on: March 29, 2011, 07:18:27 PM »

BeyondYou, I work for an IT Help Desk. If you'd like, is there way you can talk to me on AIM or something? I might be able to step you through fixing your computer, if you have another computer or a phone that can use AIM or something.

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• Awards KCMM Awards 2011 Winner Heart Container KCMM Storyteller Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3539 on: March 29, 2011, 09:24:25 PM »

HES GONNA THROW IT OUT??

if your gonna buy a new computer.. why throw away the old one unless its got catastrophic issues.. this doesnt sound like much of a problem at all..

like Moleman said, snag the hard drive if you can, grab the cable that goes with it too, since more than likely your going to need it.

just before you even THINK about opening it, make sure you ground yourself by grabbing any part of the casing of the computer that looks metallic and make sure your feet are planted on the ground. this makes it so that you dont zap anything important with Electro Static Discharge (ESD)

then once you have it out, just put it somewhere safe, then you can put it into the new computer when you get it.. provided that the current one isnt too old..

Pages:  1 ... 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 ... 540
    Print
    Jump to: