Beyond? Oh, he moved out.

Started by Beyond, August 12, 2010, 03:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

New....

Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New
Okay, I know I'm late to the party, but that Vegeta vertex is looking. AWESOME.

And I'm not even a fan of the surplus of DBZ characters in the vault.

Ok. Progress update regarding Vegeta.

After a week of not doing anything, I finally got back to working on him yesterday and he currently stands at 70-ish percent completion. But I kinda hit a brick wall.

The method I usually use to null a characters normals isn't working correctly. While some polygons are being nulled, others are are transparent... for some reason including the one that needs it most; his face polygon.

I'll play around with some of the values within the shader some more and hopefully I can fix it, otherwise all my work would be for nothing and he won't be released.

Quote from: Beyond on May 25, 2011, 02:50:45 PM
Ok. Progress update regarding Vegeta.

After a week of not doing anything, I finally got back to working on him yesterday and he currently stands at 70-ish percent completion. But I kinda hit a brick wall.

The method I usually use to null a characters normals isn't working correctly. While some polygons are being nulled, others are are transparent... for some reason including the one that needs it most; his face polygon.

I'll play around with some of the values within the shader some more and hopefully I can fix it, otherwise all my work would be for nothing and he won't be released.

And in other news, that avatar is quite possibly the best thing since sliced bread and Captain Falcon o.o

And good luck fixing it bro.  Sounds like complex stuff.

will it go to the recycle bin, if not fixed???

Nah, he'll (hopefully) just release it with no normals fixes, as that seems to be the only issue so far. Surely it'll look great anyway.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on May 25, 2011, 05:19:03 PM
Nah, he'll (hopefully) just release it with no normals fixes, as that seems to be the only issue so far. Surely it'll look great anyway.

Quote from: Beyond on May 25, 2011, 02:50:45 PM
Ok. Progress update regarding Vegeta.

After a week of not doing anything, I finally got back to working on him yesterday and he currently stands at 70-ish percent completion. But I kinda hit a brick wall.

The method I usually use to null a characters normals isn't working correctly. While some polygons are being nulled, others are are transparent... for some reason including the one that needs it most; his face polygon.

I'll play around with some of the values within the shader some more and hopefully I can fix it, otherwise all my work would be for nothing and he won't be released.


lets just hope he fixes it...

Quote from: jokekid on May 25, 2011, 06:07:42 PM

lets just hope he fixes it...
He says it won't be released to the vauylt but he will put it in the Recycle bin if he can't fix it.

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

yeah he has to since i am making the PSA for him right now
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Hmmm... I found a small glitch in Roy. His polygons stretch and block the screen after switching from "Landing of Up-B" to "Wait1"

Although, it happens really fast and doesn't really affect game-play. Just so you know.


EDIT: Can we have the latest preview of Vegeta pweez? :3

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Quote from: jokekid on May 25, 2011, 06:07:42 PM

lets just hope he fixes it...
And I'm telling both you AND Beyond that Normals shading was never a humongous issue, and just because we (kind of) can fix it now it doesn't mean that a hack should go unreleased because we might NOT be able to fix it this time. It'll still look supremely awesome even with these issues, and I really hope he releases it either way.

@Zack Fair

I have that glitch too, however it occurs with EVERY Marth vertex I'm using :-\ However, it only seems to happen with me in Brawl Minus.

Quote from: Zack Fair on May 26, 2011, 01:41:41 AM
Hmmm... I found a small glitch in Roy. His polygons stretch and block the screen after switching from "Landing of Up-B" to "Wait1"

Although, it happens really fast and doesn't really affect game-play. Just so you know.
That happened to me too! At first I thought it was a problem with the moveset I was using.
Current Persona: Roxie (Pokemon Black and White 2)
Find me on Phantasy Star Online 2! Maxi/2DaMax - Ship 02

Quote from: TommoPuppy on May 26, 2011, 06:09:34 AM
And I'm telling both you AND Beyond that Normals shading was never a humongous issue, and just because we (kind of) can fix it now it doesn't mean that a hack should go unreleased because we might NOT be able to fix it this time. It'll still look supremely awesome even with these issues, and I really hope he releases it either way.

But YOU haven't seen Vegeta without his normals nulled and he looks f*ckin hideous.

Unlike some of my previous hacks, he NEEDS it. Considering how much I changed his face, he has ugly wrinkles and creases on his face that wont go away no matter how you vertex it. If it doesn't get fixed, he isnt getting released to the vault. Period.

I've learned that I should always follow my doubts in regards to releasing hacks cuz the same people who say I should release it are the same ones who will complain about the problems that kept me from releasing it in the first place.


That's not surprising to be honest.  You literally removed half his face for Vegeta.  I wonder what Kid Buu would've looked like without his normals nulled...

But you know dude, never release something you're not happy with.  I, for example, now never even release a Beta for my PSAs until I've at least completed most of the attacks.  I'll maybe leave out one special or the Final Smash (and I'll probably disable that special/FS) and then work.  At the same time, I don't think you should put it in the recycling bin just yet.  Perseverance is key.  Though it's a bit more difficult with vertexing since you can't really make compromises like you can with PSAs...