Beyond? Oh, he moved out.

Started by Beyond, August 12, 2010, 03:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

New....

Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New
I do agree Goku is Beyonds worst vertex since he began the new(its old at this point) style of vertexing. What bothers me is the entire head area, even with Ike's new one. The head is to bright compared to the rest of the body and it gets on my nerve. Also his torso seems to short. Seeing a revamp would be nice. And putting " no recolors" in the description could stop the amount of hacks. Star did it for his Bowser Jr and not a single recolor was made for him. Oh, and great job with Trunks, his eyes do seem to be to low though.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Wouldn't it be possible for Goku to have his eyes just textures while keeping his mouth expressions as separate polygon models?
It's been awhile since I edited capt falcon so I'm sorry if I'm way off on that one.
Speaking of hacks of yours that could use a revamp beyond I kinda think Issac over pit could use a revamp...
I dunno just something about the face and hair on that one looks off by a bit...

I do think recolors would be acceptable for the official Goku PSA, at least.

Quote from: Ninka_Kiwi on September 12, 2011, 09:09:50 PM
Speaking of hacks of yours that could use a revamp beyond I kinda think Issac over pit could use a revamp...
I dunno just something about the face and hair on that one looks off by a bit...
I think Isaac could use a nice revamp, considering how amazing Beyond's skills have been lately.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: SDo0m InAcTiVe on September 12, 2011, 08:07:42 PM
The more I look at Trunks, the more I think "My god your Goku looks lame".  Heck, it's one of your worst vertexes anyways, but this just makes it look worse.  I know Ike_Lawliet made his revamp, but I still think it looks kinda meh.  The texture mapping is off, the texture itself looks kinda muddy, there are seams on his chest and it annoys the heck out of me that he doesn't have a proper face.  What I mean by that, is that you can't move his mouth.  It's just textured on.  I'd say one of the better things about Goku is the hair, and even then the texture is mapped rather badly (though it's not really noticeable for regular Goku and there's nothing you can really do about it cuz it's Falcon).  

Somebody's probably going to think I'm a total ass for saying all of this, but I'm just voicing the truth, and it's probably the first time someone has been at all properly critical about one of Beyond's hacks.  It really doesn't look that great comparable to stuff Beyond has done.  And don't use "it's an early hack" as an excuse.  He did it after he did hacks like Stitch, Zant and Ryu Hayabusa, which all look stunning by comparison.  

Again, sorry if I sounded like a complete ass.  I just felt that this needed addressing.  I wouldn't expect you to revamp Goku to be honest.  You should only even consider doing it if you know it would be fairly quick and you would enjoy doing it Beyond.

Well, toodles...

Couldn't agree with you more SDo0m.

I mean, the way you worded it might come off as rude to some people, but Beyond knows you don't mean that at all, so it's all good.

Anyway, Goku is definitely one of your weakest Vertexes, I would say. It's because all the other ones, have gotten a revamp. This one is still yet to get one, though I think you were planning it.

You have grown so much my dude, ever since you made Goku. Your hacks are nearly perfect, and you know it as well. Nothing new to hear.

If you do plan on doing it, along with your other 11 projects you got going on, vertex would need very few editing, but it's mainly texture touch ups, and [censored]. Your textures now are so damn good and clean, plus you know how to texture bake, and edit UV points. Which you didn't know how to do back when you made Goku. Just saying. ;)

Also, those Goku v2, Goku HD, do not compare to what you can achieve, if you decide to revamp it.

September 12, 2011, 09:52:35 PM #6980 Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:53:29 PM by Victory Badguy
Quote from: Segtendo on September 12, 2011, 09:13:25 PM
I think Isaac could use a nice revamp, considering how amazing Beyond's skills have been lately.

There's a fair amount of Beyond's vertex's that could use a good revamp.  Off the top of my head, there's:

Vergil
Henry
Crono
Vader
And of course the aforementioned Goku and Isaac.

But now is not the time to talk about revamps of old hacks.  Now is the time to anticipate the new hacks.

You forgot Edgeworth, and Vincent, those two REALLY need a revamp I feel.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on September 12, 2011, 10:04:26 PM
You forgot Edgeworth, and Vincent, those two REALLY need a revamp I feel.

Well, it was just off of the top my head, but yeah, you're right.  Actually, I completely forgot Beyond made Vincent, and wasn't Edgeworth just a slight revamp of his first Sasuke?  Yeah, they could use some o' dat Beyond magic.

September 13, 2011, 04:32:23 AM #6983 Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:34:13 AM by Mariodk
Quote from: Victory Badguy on September 12, 2011, 09:52:35 PMThere's a fair amount of Beyond's vertex's that could use a good revamp.  Off the top of my head, there's: Vergil Henry Crono Vader And of course the aforementioned Goku and Isaac. But now is not the time to talk about revamps of old hacks.  Now is the time to anticipate the new hacks.
you mean also Kid Goku? (sry to say it beyond) but it is sure beyond´s worse vertex (too much lucas-ish)
adult Goku is not his worst but Kid goku is
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Dayum! Trunks is too sexy for his trunks! lol jk, jk :af2: I voted Shiek, but now that I think about it....Toon Link. A little kid going in to fight all these other characters in the game. Bawlin.
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on September 13, 2011, 10:22:25 AM
Dayum! Trunks is too sexy for his trunks! lol jk, jk :af2: I voted Shiek, but now that I think about it....Toon Link. A little kid going in to fight all these other characters in the game. Bawlin.
He started on Ike and it's almost done...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Mariodk on September 13, 2011, 04:32:23 AM
you mean also Kid Goku? (sry to say it beyond) but it is sure beyond´s worse vertex (too much lucas-ish)
adult Goku is not his worst but Kid goku is

Kid goku still looks much better then adult goku.

Quote from: That Canadian Guy on September 13, 2011, 12:53:36 PM
Kid goku still looks much better then adult goku.


^this. lol

Kid Goku may look Lucas-ish. But he's still a lot cleaner than Goku, and has nowhere near the amounts of texture and normal issues.

Yeah, I don't mind if a vertex still looks like its original character as long as it's clean.

September 13, 2011, 02:46:03 PM #6989 Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:51:00 PM by Mariodk
Quote from: Beyond on September 13, 2011, 12:57:37 PM ^this. lol Kid Goku may look Lucas-ish. But he's still a lot cleaner than Goku, and has nowhere near the amounts of texture and normal issues.
yeah you is right but i still think Kid goku can be better and maybe a tail without add a Tail By GFX/PSAing(as i was planing do to then i start on the PSA/port over Ness of him if no Tail)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later