Beyond? Oh, he moved out.

Started by Beyond, August 12, 2010, 03:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

New....

Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New
*reads poll*
2 people need to GTFO. :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on October 03, 2011, 08:51:54 PM
*reads poll*
2 people need to GTFO. :srs:
you can say that again nulled normals is like the next step in vertexing it makes hacks looking amazing
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hey Beyond just wondering but do you happen to have a comparison picture of any of your hacks with normals nulled vs how they look without them nulled?
I'm just curious to see how they look...

Anywho looking forward to Layton and whatever else is in the pipeline!

I prefer the fact that your hacks have nulled normals to be honest.  It really helps to show off the beautiful textures you make for your characters better.  Since the normals don't affect the shading of them, your self shading gives a generally much nicer effect.

Quote from: Ninka on October 03, 2011, 08:59:34 PM
Hey Beyond just wondering but do you happen to have a comparison picture of any of your hacks with normals nulled vs how they look without them nulled?
I'm just curious to see how they look...


From Beyond's nulling normals turorial.

When it comes to nulling normals I'd say this is the best rule,  "Never null normals to make your character look better, only to make it look even better" 

As in don't make a [censored]ty model/texture and hide behind nulling normals to get away with it. Just becuase this nulling normal thing is so new it stands out and makes your models stand out more.  Not that any of yours have been this way.

I can just see it becoming more popular to make [censored]ty models with sold colors by lots noobs in the future. because they are lazy and don't feel like taking the effort to texture properly.

I don't think that I've ever heard of someone having a problem with your nulled normals. Look at Travis; the dude doesn't look out of place, and I dare say that it is the best vertex out there. I need to really play NMH at some point...


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Ha. Poll is self explanatory. No need to discuss it really, I rather vote on a sexy random poll.

i've always been wondering , what are nulled normals?

now is there a way to go halfway instead of completely nulling them? like just a hint of shading?

i suck at anything model related soo..  i dont know what im talking about. xD

[white]

I love how these titles changed yet Beyond is nowhere to be found. He's "offline."

Quote from: ItalianStallion on October 04, 2011, 03:26:22 AM
I love how these titles changed yet Beyond is nowhere to be found. He's "offline."
He's lurking...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


and he shall "always" be lurking... except on msn that is :af2:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Sent you a PM, Beyond.

Also, sorry for being slow with the Buu recolors. College stuff and all that. >.>

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on October 04, 2011, 05:01:44 PM
Sent you a PM, Beyond.

Also, sorry for being slow with the Buu recolors. College stuff and all that. >.>


Yea man, I got it.

And don't worry about the Buu recolors, take your time. I can understand the College stuff and all that. lol

Been busy with it myself lately.