Beyond? Oh, he moved out.

Started by Beyond, August 12, 2010, 03:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

New....

Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New
Quote from: xxgbcxx on October 11, 2011, 03:43:15 AM
Well if they require "psa magic" then importing cant take over  vertexing because each char folder can only hold one fitmotion.etc or fit"char name".pac.. right??

You're getting it wrong. Oh so wrong.

They require "PSA Magic" because you have to use PSA to specify when to make certain polygons visible (Like Ness' Bat, and and Peach's three weapons). The same goes for imported characters. For example. Zero could have his Z-Saber from TvC imported over to Link to replace the one he has naturally thanks to BY, but you would have to choose when it appears in his hand via PSA. It would be more authentic that way (I mean 0% offense to you BY) and it would make for dynamic Z-Saber Animations where the blade itself is animated, but because of bugs and glitches, this is not yet a very viable option. Klonoa is one of the notable exceptions who had some of his glitches fixed.

The problem right now that most imported characters have fatal (or non-fatal, but very noticeable) glitches that keep them from being a better option. At least until the importer works. Expect to see BY's Zero replaced with his actual model from TvC or maybe even a fan-made one to appear once importing becomes more viable thanks to BlackJax's efforts.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 11, 2011, 02:21:36 AM
Main reason why I haven't released it yet is because I don't know how to get the lighting the way I want it (spotlights, and dark everywhere else), I still need to add shadows (I'd like to use the original shadow models if possible), and I need to fix the SRT0 animation looping on the clouds in the background. :srs:

Use a fog, and make spotlights not to be affected by that fog.

For shadows you can use my MShadow Tool, or forohfor's, enabling the shadows in the original stage would take longer for sure O.o

And for the srt0 animation, I could try to fix it (or finding a similar one) for you.



About the poll... You're making the same kind of question I made a few days ago...

I would say something like 'keep doing vertex hacks while they deserve your time'. You're very good at this, you have your method and your results, and I suppose you enjoy it. The importer may come, and not affect you in a bad way (for example, it could be of use to you to enable normals in vertexed characters with no lighting issues). But it could be bad too, if people start coming with hacks that look better than your vertex hacks with less effort. If that happens and you stop enjoying, I would get to the imports thingy, by working on models from scratch, customizing already existing models or building them from nothingness. Definitely no CSPs, no stages. And you may start doing your own PSAs for your own characters, that would be cool too.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

u could make models from scratch for the sprite based or model-ripless characters...

also, i sent u that PM about ammy, if u decide on doing it, could i make a mini request (it has to do with ammy's build)?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



^^


October 11, 2011, 03:59:25 PM #7939 Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:00:59 PM by Segtendo
Holy crap.
That was fast.

Totally grabbing this bad-boy later. Looks swaaag.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


He only has one sword  :srs:

He looks good! I'm not that big of a ninja turtles fan, but my friend is and I'm sure he'll love it.
My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
Name:James
FC:0216-0855-5243
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Leonardo looks fantastic :)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Very fast,very good vertexture

always looks the same song... :happy:

Now...what's next you gonna do?
Si hay aquí alguien de parla hispana(da igual si Español o Latino),por favor ¡MANIFIESTATE!

Woah, fast and very good job. Next is Crono? :*
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*YOU DECIDE
*KTH
*I love you
*but I love Jurio more
KTH scrive (14.48):
*i love you too
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*Phoenix.
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*oh and KTH don't forget Knucklini's shoes
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*LOL
KTH scrive (14.48):
*love/
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*lol
KTH scrive (14.48):
*....
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*i'm going to sleep now
KTH scrive (14.48):
*i hate you now srs
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*good night both of
*what
*!
*:emo:
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*night man rotfl
KTH scrive (14.48):
*lol
Best quote ever!

 :o Leonardo... Y'know the deal. I bow and praise. You ignore me and continue being godly  :af2:
^3^

Quote from: Velen on October 11, 2011, 04:21:29 AMYou're getting it wrong. Oh so wrong. They require "PSA Magic" because you have to use PSA to specify when to make certain polygons visible (Like Ness' Bat, and and Peach's three weapons). The same goes for imported characters. For example. Zero could have his Z-Saber from TvC imported over to Link to replace the one he has naturally thanks to BY, but you would have to choose when it appears in his hand via PSA. It would be more authentic that way (I mean 0% offense to you BY) and it would make for dynamic Z-Saber Animations where the blade itself is animated, but because of bugs and glitches, this is not yet a very viable option. Klonoa is one of the notable exceptions who had some of his glitches fixed. The problem right now that most imported characters have fatal (or non-fatal, but very noticeable) glitches that keep them from being a better option. At least until the importer works. Expect to see BY's Zero replaced with his actual model from TvC or maybe even a fan-made one to appear once importing becomes more viable thanks to BlackJax's efforts.

well i still think this model importer stuff is a dumb idea because then all the chars would be same, and when i say that i mean no ones chars will be unique anymore theyll all be the same import and there would be no more skill to it at all
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

October 11, 2011, 06:49:26 PM #7946 Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:53:26 PM by Christian_CAO
Quote from: xxgbcxx on October 11, 2011, 06:35:56 PM
well i still think this model importer stuff is a dumb idea because then all the chars would be same, and when i say that i mean no ones chars will be unique anymore theyll all be the same import and there would be no more skill to it at all

... Not my conversation, but... People could make their own custom models and put them over the brawl cast. Seeing as you could make a model of anything, I am pretty sure that characters will still be unique.

Animation editing and PSA work are the true meat behind creating "new characters". Vertex editing only alters a models appearance, so making a model is the exact same thing only probably with less speed bumps along the way and no endless hours of exporting. I agree that it may seem less skillful because it looks easier, but that is usually how progress works.

It is just a bit more convenient. There is still plenty of work when it comes to creating models, so lets just wait and see what happens before judging how the model importer will effect future brawl hacking.  
^3^

October 11, 2011, 06:55:14 PM #7947 Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:11:43 PM by xxgbcxx
Quote from: Christian_CAO on October 11, 2011, 06:49:26 PM... Not my conversation, but... People could make their own custom models and put them over the brawl cast. Seeing as you could make a model of anything, I am pretty sure that characters will still be unique. Animation editing and PSA work are the true meat behind creating "new characters". Vertex editing only alters a models appearance, so making a model is the exact same thing only probably with less speed bumps along the way and no endless of hours of exporting. I agree that it may seem less skillful because it looks easier, but that is usually how progress works. It is just a bit more convenient. There is still plenty of work when it comes to creating models, so lets just wait and see what happens before judging how the model importer will effect future brawl hacking.  

i havent had to deal with exporting because i use the kc-mm 3dsmax2010 method >.> which idk if its the oldest method but its the quickest and has less problems imo(also the ais thing dosent work on my computer for some reason)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Man, Leonardo is [censored]ing epic. I'm not even a huge fan of the Ninja Turtles, but him being on Link is just [censored]ing epic.

I absolutely love him man, and I got a good reason to use Link with his original PSA now.

Quote from: xxgbcxx on October 11, 2011, 06:55:14 PM
o well
i havent had to deal with exporting because i use the kc-mm 3dsmax2010 method >.> which idk if its the oldest method but its the quickest and has less problems imo(also the ais thing dosent work on my computer for some reason)

are u telling me that u vertex blindly?? moving loose vertices?????



on another note, beyond, what ya think about my ammy method?