Beginner's guide to MK64n's method without patching + Tips for using 3DS MAX

Started by Miacis, August 15, 2010, 01:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nice guide i was able to create a Vertex hack ive been wanting to make forever  :af2:

and im completely new at this XD

awesome job

Okay, I've sorted my old question. Now I'm having a really stupid one, where can I find the bbress file for olimar? I can't seem to find it in his pac.
Studying Game Artist.

Quote from: Rog on November 21, 2010, 07:14:24 PM
Okay, I've sorted my old question. Now I'm having a really stupid one, where can I find the bbress file for olimar? I can't seem to find it in his pac.
? Isn't it simply the ModelData[0] ? :-\
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Nope, I couldn't find it. I'm working on on a 04(white) olimar file does that matter anything? I'm searching in the pac file but I didn't see a bbress listed file :(
Studying Game Artist.

BRRES.

The whole modeldata is a BRRES.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Ug, can some one help? When I edit Mario's body, just scaling it down, the change dose not undo itself when I click the light bulb. Also, when I go to morph my polygon0 with mod and the vertex, it says there are no things to morph with.

Thanks for the help guys! let's get this started :)
Studying Game Artist.

Quote from: Nasoka_Kewe on November 22, 2010, 06:55:17 PM
Ug, can some one help? When I edit Mario's body, just scaling it down, the change dose not undo itself when I click the light bulb. Also, when I go to morph my polygon0 with mod and the vertex, it says there are no things to morph with.
Uh ... have you checked if you were under the "Edit Mesh" Menu when scaling ?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Thank you very much, with this, maybe I could make my first vertexhack :)

Hai. AiS doesn't seem to work for me. The batch file for the installer always says, quote, "The system can not find the path specified. 0 file(s) moved." If I simply need to create said path, then that would be great. I'm creating it right now.
Need some music made into a mashup or edited so it loops? Just send me a PM and I'll have it done as soon as I can!

Quote from: Samzapp on June 20, 2012, 09:38:15 PM
If you think any edit you make sucks, don't. Even if it doesn't get many downloads, it will still be excellent because you put your honest effort into it. Stick to your own opinions instead of letting others negatively influence them.

Ok, I tried creating an ais0.1.3 folder in Program Files (not x86) and now it says that access was denied (gawd, that phrase is so clichéd). Really need some help here!!!
Need some music made into a mashup or edited so it loops? Just send me a PM and I'll have it done as soon as I can!

Quote from: Samzapp on June 20, 2012, 09:38:15 PM
If you think any edit you make sucks, don't. Even if it doesn't get many downloads, it will still be excellent because you put your honest effort into it. Stick to your own opinions instead of letting others negatively influence them.

Quote from: Miacis Kusanagi on November 24, 2010, 12:22:58 PM
Quote from: Nasoka_Kewe on November 22, 2010, 06:55:17 PM
Ug, can some one help? When I edit Mario's body, just scaling it down, the change dose not undo itself when I click the light bulb. Also, when I go to morph my polygon0 with mod and the vertex, it says there are no things to morph with.
Uh ... have you checked if you were under the "Edit Mesh" Menu when scaling ?

I meant to get back to you on this. I solved that problem and get to the verry ending of editing a vertex. I run into one of these two problems.

When I export vertex, it says "ERROR, Wrong offset?" or "could not convert intiger: "" "

I put the right offset number and unchecked "read from model" in, and I dont even know why I get the second problem.. 0_-
Help?

This so called vertexing just got a ton easier and certainly made my understanding of 3DS Max clearer. (and I was a total noob with the program... :P)

Thanks for the awesome guide!

:af2:

Damn, I'm with the same problems as Lucas now : / I can't seem to click my mod when trying to morph my file.

Apart from that, I tried another model, I managed to be able to click the "mod" but now, when I try to get the 2nd thingie, the invisable set and I press "H" it doesn't turn up in the screen, but when I deselect everything and press  H all 3 show up. This is so confusing : /

And another thing, when I load in my models ( Jigglypuff, Olimar ) I seem to be getting the hole model instead of just polygon 1,2,3 etc.
Studying Game Artist.

Oh, hai. im having trouble with patching I ported my MDL0 onto squirtle and his arms look distorted and almost as if he broke them. Normal(hopefully) and so I export the MDL0, and the brres and just leave the textures from before. So, I convert the brres and stuff and im in 3DS max 8. The vertecies "FitPokeZenigame00_BodyM__FitPokeZenigame00_shell_front" arnt there and so I imprt them again. after that i open the morph side bar and when I follow your instrutions the channels arnt there and when i create them again it gives me a message saying wrong MDL0 offset! any help?