Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Few Questions about Ganon's Armor Shine and Head Morphing  (Read 1250 times)
Aafyre
Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 17, 2010, 12:21:48 AM »

How would I get rid of Ganondorf's shine on his armor? I made a Magus vertex and texture and I don't want his cape to have the shine that his armor used to. He also has a problem that his head warps when he gets damaged or does certain moves. I think BeyondYou said that he was able to fix those for his Ganon hacks in his thread. How exactly do you do that? Hopefully it isn't way too complicated.

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 05:53:23 AM »

Instead of having different polygons for each one of his faces, Ganon has different vertex sets for each of his faces. The same applies to Link and I think Zelda too.

If you open up the "vertex" folder in Ganons model, you will see a bunch of vertex sets with the word "face" in it. They all are the same length and have the same number of vertex points, so you can just export the points from your edited one into each one of these sets.

The thing is if you do that, he will be expressionless which isn't a problem when making characters who have masks and helmets. If you really want your hack to have expressions and stuff, you're going to have to edit each one of those vertex sets for his face.

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:27:32 AM »

Thanks very much. Everything seems to be working perfectly now! Being expressionless is still better than his head getting completely messed up. I might make some expressions for him too.  I'll update his Brawl Vault when I finish fixing up his textures.
    « Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:16:19 AM by Aafyre » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: