Aafyre's Vertex and Texture thread (08/27) Desukan Preview

Started by Aafyre, August 18, 2010, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huge poll is huge (What PSA do you want?)

Sub-Zero (Captain Falcon)
Boba Fett (Snake)
Etna (Peach)
Bowser jr (Bowser)
Psychryphias (Peach)
Electabuzz (Diddy Kong)
Ifrit (Donkey Kong)
Blanka (Donkey Kong)
Vega (Shiek)
Seymour (Zelda)
Vaati (Toon Link)
Frog (Toon Link)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Groudon (Bowser)
Hammer Bros. (Mario or Ice Climbers)
Light Yagami (???)
Wrestler (Snake)
Banjo (Mario)
Guile (Snake)
Animal Crosser (Ness)
Balthier (Snake)
This is my thread for vertexes and textures and stuff. I hope that people enjoy these hacks as much as I enjoyed making them. Most hacks come with a custom CSP and Battle portrait.

Since I seem to be getting this question a lot, I thought it might be best to answer it in my opening post. The vertex method that I use is Mariokart64n's new method. Miacis Kusanagi made a very easy to understand tutorial that helped me immensely in figuring out how to use it. You can find the tutorial here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=13061.0

Current Projects:

Vertexes / Textures:



My hacks are free to be edited as long as you give me some credit  :).

Some ideas that I have that I might want to make in the future are:

Donkey Kong: Venom, Ifrit, Blanka
Zelda: Lulu
Ganondorf: Lu Bu, Kotaro Fuma
Charizard: Garchomp, Zekrom
Ike: Jecht, Auron, Squall, Kamina
Pit: Kuja
Samus: Genesect
Sonic: Knuckles
Snake: Randy Orton, The Rock
Wolf: Alien

I could always change my mind about which character to do which vertex over, but those are the ones I'm most interested in at the moment.

nice stuff I really like the magus vertex.
keep up the good work!

August 18, 2010, 05:34:20 PM #2 Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:48:42 PM by Aafyre
Thanks very much. That took forever to get right. Hopefully I can manage to make some facial expressions and a scythe for him sometime down the road (unless somebody else beats me to it  :laugh:.

How do you post download links with the big Download graphic on these forums?

do you mean the brawl vault download pic?
i think you put the pic in then you hyper link it to the pic though im not entirly sure.
I'd say just stick to regulasr download links instead.

August 18, 2010, 06:13:30 PM #4 Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:24:27 AM by Aafyre
I'm having a few issues with my Xemnas and Pimple if anybody can help me out.

For Xemnas, I've followed all of the tutorials and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. This file keeps screwing up when I export it and view it in Brawl Box. This process works fine for me with other characters and even other vertex sets of Link. Whenever I load up any Link front hair (vertex set 0) it comes up with a Bad Faces message, even if I use the default Link PAC file. I can't really make much progress with it if I can't get the hair right. I've tried double patching, triple, quadruple, and even patching it five times and it still doesn't work. Can somebody help me out here? I would be very grateful.  Once the hair is done, I'm sure I can easily get the rest of it done without a problem. I will give credit to anyone who is kind enough to help me with this.

This is my 3DS max vertex edit of the hair, gloves, earrings, boots, and straps.
http://www.mediafire.com/?16lx9gonxralceo

For Pimple, I'm also having a problem getting rid of Donkey Kong's fur. It screws up the game when I hex his fur out (either by zeroing out the vertex set or zeroing out the polygon). The only option left that I can think of is to manually push all of the hair inside of his body through 3DS Max. I don't mind doing that at all if it will actually work but I don't want to waste my time if it can't.

Finally, this question is more forum related: Is it against the rules to make a similar topic in the Texture Hacks forum?

No, it's not at all. That's why I have a showcase thread there :3

Also, great job with everything. Magus looks really good just like you said! :3


Thanks very much! My current two projects are actually much harder than Magus and Eclair. I've been working on them for a while now but I think I'm making decent progress. Lots of experimenting with things still. I still haven't tried that conform wrap thing so I'm making all of their vertex and texture edits from scratch.

Awesome work with all of your hacks!

In fact, I was able to use your Magus for a pretty cool staged snapshot on BSS:


http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/237061

I welcome you to use it as you please if you like it :)

ive seen your hacks in the vault u r really good, awaiting Xemnas. :3
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


August 25, 2010, 03:49:08 PM #9 Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:50:40 PM by Aafyre
Thanks very much. I'm still having a lot of trouble with making Xemnas over Link. His hair and his coat get screwed up in game. I would make him over Marth instead, but someone is already making a PSA for him over Link. I'll probably try him over both characters in case I can't figure out how to get him to work over Link.

Awesome picture, chaoticcranium. I was thinking how much that stage went with Magus myself :).


Thanks. She still has a few minor issues like her legs clipping through her skirt when she kicks but I don't think anything can really be done about that :).