Aafyre's Vertex and Texture thread (08/27) Desukan Preview

Started by Aafyre, August 18, 2010, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huge poll is huge (What PSA do you want?)

Sub-Zero (Captain Falcon)
Boba Fett (Snake)
Etna (Peach)
Bowser jr (Bowser)
Psychryphias (Peach)
Electabuzz (Diddy Kong)
Ifrit (Donkey Kong)
Blanka (Donkey Kong)
Vega (Shiek)
Seymour (Zelda)
Vaati (Toon Link)
Frog (Toon Link)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Groudon (Bowser)
Hammer Bros. (Mario or Ice Climbers)
Light Yagami (???)
Wrestler (Snake)
Banjo (Mario)
Guile (Snake)
Animal Crosser (Ness)
Balthier (Snake)
I'll try to have Kazooie done by the end of the weekend but I can't make any promises there. After that, I'm going to work on Nidoking and Darkrai, then make the request. I was going to make another poll after that but after seeing how this one turned out, I'm not so sure that's a good idea anymore.

Quote from: Aafyre on November 30, 2010, 09:53:44 PM
I'll try to have Kazooie done by the end of the weekend but I can't make any promises there. After that, I'm going to work on Nidoking and Darkrai, then make the request. I was going to make another poll after that but after seeing how this one turned out, I'm not so sure that's a good idea anymore.

yea.....tht was pretty bad....i just can't believe that people made annonymus accounts JUST to vote others up.....its not even right cuz u never said that you WERE making either nidoking darkrai or any of the others until recently (week ago?). IDK, but they should've all jus sucked it up and dealt with the results.

ON THE OTHER HAND

CAN"T WAIT for banjo AND kazooie to be done. You are a freakin legend if this works out.....
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on November 30, 2010, 10:16:01 PM
i just can't believe that people made annonymus accounts JUST to vote others up.....its not even right cuz u never said that you WERE making either nidoking darkrai or any of the others until recently (week ago?). IDK, but they should've all jus sucked it up and dealt with the results.

Is this true?? :o You sure rise the expectations to a FAR place AAFyre :P

Well, the only Pokemon on the poll that I promised I'd make was Blaziken since he was the original winner. From there, I decided to make Blastoise since he was the runner up. When I made the new poll and replaced the options for Blaziken, Blastoise, and Electabuzz I told everyone that this was going to be more of a guideline for seeing what has the most interest and that there was no guarantee I'd make them in the order they were voted on. Now that I see this has turned into a huge Nidoking vs Darkrai fight, I feel obligated to make them both right after I'm done with Kazooie (I really would have liked making Genosect and Marowak most personally).

You have a point, angelbless. This poll raised the expectations for these two characters so high that I have a feeling no matter how hard I work on them, they just won't be as good as people are hyping them up to be.

I had to go back all the way to page 29 for this but....

Quote from: Aafyre on November 14, 2010, 08:41:59 AM
Just a little update. I reset the poll and added a couple more options to it. As a reminder, I'd just like to say that these polls are just guidelines for me to see whose wanted the most. I'll focus on making whoever looks to be the clear winner by the time I'm ready to start a new hack. After that, don't be surprised if I deviate a little, but I will try to get to all of them eventually. So don't be sad if yours doesn't win. Also, I'd like to mix in a few non-pokeymanz here and there.

Electabuzz's vertex is finished, other than making his "ouch" face and "ouch" eyes and stuff be the same as his regular ones.

I've also started on Deoxys Attack Forme over Lucario. All I've done on him so far are his arms, which turned out surprisingly well.

Finally, thanks for all the support  ;)

Anyways, I made these polls in order to please the most people I could and all it seemed to do was cause fights so I'm not really sure what I should do about future polls from now on or if I should even bother with them at all.

I wouldn't bother with future polls if I were you.
3DS FC: 3265-5237-3766

Personas:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Maybe try to find an online poll? People won't be able to make multiple accounts that way.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with anymore polls, seeing as how this one was such a disaster.  I think that from now on you should make whatever hacks you want to make, be they favorite characters, fan characters or requests for other users.  Many people might be little disappointed in the beginning, but they'll get over it.  The important thing as that you're happy, and as long as you keep making high-quality hacks, we'll be happy.

Of course, that's just my opinion.  Feel free to do whatever you want regarding the polls.

Aafyre if I were you I would try doing polls on lst because it seems to only let you vote once. I've had people messaging me asking for me to vote because they can't vote multiple times.

Yeah you guys have a point with that. It seems like the polls are causing the opposite effect that I intended. I just wanted to make everybody happy and it made everyone fight and get upset over nothing. Well, this is probably my last poll in my thread for a while at least then.

If I make another poll, it's going to be on LST seeing how they ended up here.


Quote from: lucas_irineu on November 30, 2010, 11:09:07 PM
Way to go, guys.

Also, Aafyre, good job on the dude.

As if you weren't a part of the problem? (Not that I helped much at all...>_>)

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I suggest that we give you suggestions instead and you make a list on the first post of what you can do for future characters.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I think a poll somewhere else is enough.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]



Quote from: dingoberriz on December 01, 2010, 01:19:07 AM
Banjo released. (since he didn't announce it)

Well a good friend that you are lol

Expect some sexy screenshots from me.