Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WEIRD Model Stretching PLEASE HELP!  (Read 1957 times)
irishladdie727
Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 25, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »

Okay, so I though I'd update Splozion's Funky Kong texture with a nice vertex.  I toiled for hours, finally got it to where I was satisfied, and this is what it looks like in Brawlbox:

Pretty good right?

Anyways, this is what he looks like in game:

So yeah...  I have no idea why that's happening and I'd really like to release this [censored] texture.   I see what you did there ...

Before you try and help me, here's what I've already looked at:

1. There are no holes in the model.  The texture however did have holes in it.  I filled them.  No change.

2. I rechecked the edited vertices in 3DS Max to see if there were some stretching out into the stratosphere.  I didn't see anything, but these were raw vertices, I was never able to save my fully edited DAE, so it was kind of hard to tell.

3. This uses the Tieless DK model.  This might be relevant, this might not be.  Obviously I vertexed it further, but different polygons than the one that has the tie.  (I think...)

4. I did not screw around with bones at all.

So if any of you have any clue as to why this is happening, that would be great.  Oddly enough, the hack is actually fully playable with no slowdown or crashing whatsoever.  It's just an eyesore.  And the direction of the stretching is relative to the camera, as in, the weird stretchiness moves with the camera, so that makes me think it's not a problem with the vertices but actually just some weird graphical glitch.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Quanno
    Hyper Kitten

Collapse, Sakanade.

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:56:06 PM »

Try fighting against others using him. For example, the shinobu hack from DasDonkey shows something similar to that when fighting Metaknight.

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »

Try fighting against others using him. For example, the shinobu hack from DasDonkey shows something similar to that when fighting Metaknight.

Nope.  He's like this when fighting every character.  Anybody else have an idea?

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 09:28:09 PM »

something's up with the vert groups, and the bone orientations...

I'm not exactly sure how to fix this...

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Splozion
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 12:13:07 AM »

Maybe I could texture the tie to be the same as the bandana. That way, you could use the tie's vertices instead of the head's on the back part.

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »

Maybe I could texture the tie to be the same as the bandana. That way, you could use the tie's vertices instead of the head's on the back part.

Thanks for the offer, but that would look really bad, trust me.  The tie just isn't in the right place for that to work.  I tried a few different polygons for the bandana and ultimately just editing the top of the head was best.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »

I'm pretty sure its a texture problem, I used to get this back in the ASH days.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: