Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12
Author Topic: Full, Real Raichu! (Updated 25/04/2011) (Partially Playable)  (Read 67913 times)
Pin0yB0i
Badace
Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 01:22:22 PM »

So no one has tried just simply vertexing the tail?

dingo
Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »

So no one has tried just simply vertexing the tail?

There's very little vertex points on his tail. Not enough to really shape into Raichu's tail.

Harsh Lemons
    Expert Kitten

i made the pro pic

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »

the only thing are his upper leg part things... its really good but they is be to fat. looking foward to download tho! =]

Feanor
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Featured >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »

Would it be possible to resize the feet using animations applying for one texture like BeyondYou and Dingoberriz did for Viewtiful Joe ?

stranger24
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 04:13:39 PM »

Okay to answer whatever anyone is asking, I think there were several comments about the animations. His attack pattern will not be the same as pikachu's, like this isn't just a model replacement over pikachu's moveset, etc. I'm making all new animations and PSA for everything, I only placed it in Vertex hacks because it's the only stage I have done so far.

And there was a comment about the tail's bones/vertexes or something. This raichu model has like 7-8 bones in the tail to make it more fluent like Raichu's actual tail is, so it won't be all bolty like the pikachu's. I don't know if I'm going to put this over pikachu or not, I might just replace an alloy or something so that Raichu and Pikachu can duke it out and be comparatively different.

The idea for this came from a discussion I had with a friend of mine about how Raichu would've been a much better addition to melee than Pichu due to the fact that his entire attack scheme could've been different. Like with the extra use of the tail, attacks would look different, have completely different specials even, since Raichu can learn more moves than pikachu can in Pokemon games, whereas pichu can only learn the same as pikachu or even less.

I'm seriously making every single animation individually, like brand new. For example I'm making his Wait1 animation similar to his waiting pose from the Pokemon Stadium games. Hope this answers any questions.

And about the proportion thing, it is indeed about personal preference I think. I've done more tweaking since this image and even have a video of a (very beta) Wait Animation that can be found on youtube here:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fm4kLDGJMA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fm4kLDGJMA</a>
    (Again I'm new to all of this so it's probably not very good.

Christian_CAO
    Extreme Kitten

... halp

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 04:36:35 PM »

*Scrolls picture of Raichu and looks at video*  Shocked

Whoa, so that's what people were talking about? The legs are too big  Embarrassed

I had only seen the left side of the image of Raichu and not the whole thing. So now that I see the model as a whole, Could you scale the legs differently in animations?

The thighs are the problem. I thought folks were talking about his big feet, which are fine, but that video shows how strange the proportions are.

Raichus feet are supposed to be big. They're the right size but the rest of raichu seems smaller. Undecided

idk. Anyway, your ideas for his animations sound good so far. Using Raichus long tail for his attacks will make for some very creative moves  Grin

Though his range might become broken depending on how far you utilize that property.

Electric attacks aside, Raichu's large feet could be great for kicking moves.

Not to mention his ability to actually learn moves like megapunch and dynamic punch, so you have allot of different options to work with while building Raichu's moveset   Wink

^3^

stranger24
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »

*Scrolls picture of Raichu and looks at video*  Shocked

Whoa, so that's what people were talking about? The legs are too big  Embarrassed

I had only seen the left side of the image of Raichu and not the whole thing. So now that I see the model as a whole, Could you scale the legs differently in animations?

The thighs are the problem. I thought folks were talking about his big feet, which are fine, but that video shows how strange the proportions are.

Raichus feet are supposed to be big. They're the right size but the rest of raichu seems smaller. Undecided

idk. Anyway, your ideas for his animations sound good so far. Using Raichus long tail for his attacks will make for some very creative moves  Grin

Though his range might become broken depending on how far you utilize that property.

Electric attacks aside, Raichu's large feet could be great for kicking moves.

Not to mention his ability to actually learn moves like megapunch and dynamic punch, so you have allot of different options to work with while building Raichu's moveset   Wink

Bingo! You've got the right idea now :3 And i'll work on the thighs thing then, since it seems to be a common problem around lol.

I'm not making it my goal to make it like the anime Raichu or the real thing -exactly-; just something to make it kinda look like it I suppose. I enjoy the feedback though. Also I ran into an issue, I went to test the model in brawl like to see if how the wait1 animation looks and the game froze right when it went to start the match. The changes I included were my MotionEtc and the FitPikachu01.pac and .pcs . The original pikachu models work fine, with every normal animation except for the Wait1 which he just stands in his default pose, which is to be expected since the animations aren't made for pikachu's model. Is there anything I'm missing to be able to see it in brawl and test it that way? I know it's not the Entry thing because I'm testing in Training mode, which has no entries.

Scootaloo
    Supreme Kitten

Just your local pony that everyone hates

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 04:51:39 PM »

if you make raichu falcon punch someone I will love you :3

Scootaloo . says
    i hate the game industry in general
    King Jigglypuff says
    D:
    Epic Pervy says
    agreed
    Scootaloo . says
    i love the games
    King Jigglypuff says
    Oh.
    Scootaloo . says
    but the community is the most [censored]iest, whiniest, and antagonizing group you will ever see on the face of this [censored]in earth and millions of light years beyond it

I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 06:04:04 PM »

you're replacing an Alloy?  you know that Alloy's can't have B attacks, right?

stranger24
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 07:19:11 PM »

you're replacing an Alloy?  you know that Alloy's can't have B attacks, right?

Well I said -might- replace one. But thanks for the heads up. Might just have to decide on a character I don't like lol

Christian_CAO
    Extreme Kitten

... halp

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 07:29:30 PM »

Also I ran into an issue, I went to test the model in brawl like to see if how the wait1 animation looks and the game froze right when it went to start the match. The changes I included were my MotionEtc and the FitPikachu01.pac and .pcs . The original pikachu models work fine, with every normal animation except for the Wait1 which he just stands in his default pose, which is to be expected since the animations aren't made for pikachu's model. Is there anything I'm missing to be able to see it in brawl and test it that way? I know it's not the Entry thing because I'm testing in Training mode, which has no entries.

Sounds like it Might be a Bone Issue.

I've only made a few textures (Waritoad texture and the other too horrible to post) and one PSA (Waritoad that I'm still working on) so I'm basically a nobody who thrives off the progress of others so I'm not exactly a reliable source of info Sad

But it sounds like you need to ask for help in here. Although I suggest going to the Smashboards Smash Work shop forum into the Customized Content tab and post this project and any questions you have in the Brawlbox creation Topic Smiley

You might also want to post your project in their PokeHub topic, 'cause that section could use a decent bump like this. Some guys there are even willing to assist you in animations, PSA and glitch fixes if you ask.  Awesome Face

Starwaffle, Omniscient X, Pikazz and GeminiCrossFade have all ported models from pokepark Wii Successfully and created working animations and one of them  could probably give you some well needed info.

Don't forget to ask around other areas Here at Kc-mm, 'cause there are plenty of great hackers here that could definitely help you as well.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'll look up some info to try and help but you might want to ask someone more competent. Preferably someone in the Animation Section here in Kc-mm  Kirby Dance  
    « Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:50:15 PM by Christian_CAO » Logged

^3^

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »

actually, Christian_CAO is right, the reason it froze on you is because it looks like Raichu (based on the pic from the OP) only has 30 bones.  if the new model has less than 1 or 2 bones, then the game will freeze just before the match starts, like what happened to you. 

so i'll offer my assistance, send me the model and i'll get it working over any character you want.

stranger24
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 03:37:44 AM »

actually, Christian_CAO is right, the reason it froze on you is because it looks like Raichu (based on the pic from the OP) only has 30 bones.  if the new model has less than 1 or 2 bones, then the game will freeze just before the match starts, like what happened to you. 

so i'll offer my assistance, send me the model and i'll get it working over any character you want.

I have no idea what you mean by only 1 or 2 bones because you just said it has 30 xD But thank you for the offer, I'll upload the model somewhere and send you a dl link right away as well as any describe another weird issue I have lol.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 10:38:38 AM »

well, what i mean by 1 or 2 bones is that Raichu would need more bones to work.  an example would be, say we replaced Pikachu, he has 47 bones, Raichu has 30, therefore the game will freeze.  if Raichu also has 47 bones, then the game will load just fine.  even the Alloys have 33 bones, but i think they allow for 4 bones less.  but it's better to match how many bones the replaced character has to avoid the shielding glitch.

stranger24
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 05:31:09 PM »

Updated.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12
    Print
    Jump to: