Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 12
Author Topic: Full, Real Raichu! (Updated 25/04/2011) (Partially Playable)  (Read 67921 times)
stranger24
Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 06, 2010, 08:13:25 AM »

~Full Raichu Project~
    Goal?:
    To create a fully functional, new Raichu character for playability in brawl. My goal for how he plays will be to have his attack stats similar to Pikachu's with benefits here and there, and attacking with major focus on using his tail (for slashing, etc.) and the pure power Raichu's are known to have.

The Raichu will be dynamic. The Raichu will be elegance. The Raichu will be power.

And most importantly... The Raichu will be cute.
    Now over Olimar

Moveset
    Wait animation - Similar to Pokemon Stadium Wait.

Forward Smash - Raichu stands facing the camera with his tail ready and whips it
    around like Zero Suit Samus' F Smash (Slash/Electric)

Up Smash - Raichu hops slightly and puts his tail beneath him to bounce and headbutt
    upwards (Normal)

Down Smash - Raichu crouches low to the ground and spins his tail around him on the
    ground in one circle. (Trips)

A - Raichu does a headbutt
    AA - Raichu kicks upwards into a backflip

Forward Tilt - Short punch, does more damage than but similar to A. (Doesn't stop movement, Electric)

Down Tilt - Quick whip of his tail out on front of him.

Up tilt - Raichu jumps higher than with the U-Smash, and headbutts similarly, only doesn't use his tail.

Down Throw - Raichu tosses the opponent below him, ground pounds to hit them behind him and hits with his tail before they get sent flying. (Second hit is a meteor smash)

Forward Throw - Raichu lifts the opponent off of the ground and drops them, doing a spin to face away from them and stepping slightly into the back/foreground to hit them directly with his tail horizontally. (Electric)

Up Throw^ - After tilting up, Raichu will go to fake letting go and spin around. While facing away, he'll wrap his tail around their legs (general lower region to ensure hitting every character) and toss them up as he finishes the spin.

Back throw^ - Raichu does a single backflip, taking the character with them and letting go part way, but then hitting them back the other direction, making the opponent go forward instead. (may cause confusion lol)

F-air - Same as Pikachu's, tail spins behind him as though it's propelling him like a helicopter. (does push character forward a bit, taitbolt spinning has a sweetspot. Can be VERY hard to pull off hitting with the tail, let alone sweetspot) (electric)

N-air - Mid-air roll, similar to Sonic's spin dash style roll.

D-air - Hit downward with both hands (as though you lock your hands together and bash with the end of your fist instead of the knuckles. Like falco's forward smash, only downwards)

B-air - Swings his tail behind him, from low and upwards.

Down Taunt - Scratches his ear with his foot.

Up Taunt - Pokemon Stadium entrance: bounces on his tail, lands and stretches.

Forward taunt - Nothing's here yet, claim the idea for yourself!

Specials

Down: Thunder (Same as pikachu's only no knockback at all from the strike to prevent spamming easy KO's. Knockback occurs when it strikes raichu. Damage dealt in mid strike can have multiple hits)

Side: Focus Punch (Chargable, powerful punch like Melee Roy's neutral B. Might have an electric effect)

Up: Magnet Rise (Quick rise up and floats temporarily like Peach's hover, slowly descends)

Netural: Charge/Discharge (this will be fun to PSA lol. Raichu builds up energy in a stationary position for a moment, and can hold it. Effect only works if the full charge time is held. While in a charged state, all of the Raichu's electric attacks increase, depending on how much damage he's taken. The base increase is 2%, and will increase them by an extra 1% per 10% of damage that he has on him. So when Raichu is at 40% damage, and uses charge, he will gain a 6% increase in electric attacks. The catch is that while in a charged state, he will be constantly getting hurt. As this will result in his power constantly increasing, but maxing out at a 15% increase, when he is at 130%. It'll become a conflict for the player to risk being more vulnerable gradually overtime and keeping the power, or having a better chance of survival and returning to normal. The charged energy may be discharged as an electric attack)

Final Smash: Warp Discharge
    Same as Pikachu's animations occur, but then something entirely different happens. As the Volt tackle ball appears (hopefully I can find a way to edit the graphic/texture of this somehow) it'll remain stationary, and probably have the sound of Samus' final smash charging up for a few moments before the ball will shoot out gigantic sparks of electricity. Now this works the same way the Discharge move does, and for some sort of statistics, I have no idea yet lol. But if the Raichu is at high damage from battle and/or using Charge often, this version of Volt Tackle will also heal the Raichu as it hits, taking damage back from the opponents. This creates a way to pull back the drawback from using Charge. (This idea is Majorly subject to change)

Any good SFX guys out there? Maybe we can get some headway on seeing if this Raichu can make some noise =D

Current Questions: Can Pikachu's Final Smash be edited? If so, how much is editable? I'd like to practice by just editing it on pikachu first before actually attempting to make a new one completely.

Raichu is partially playable currently, Download link is up to date

Up-to-date Download link:
    http://www.box.net/shared/t0y6vyoz0r

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:51:22 PM by stranger24 » Logged

KAZECoyote
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 11:41:58 AM »

This makes me happy.

omg... maplestory...

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »

interesting.  you're making this over Pikachu, i assume?

Segab
    FFFFFF
    Special Access

Meowth that's bass!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 12:06:19 PM »

I don't really care for the PSA, I never use them, but the model looks awesome.

stranger24
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 04:01:25 PM »

This makes me happy.

omg... maplestory...

I haven't played it in months haha.. It got so boring after like two weeks, I should really clean up my icons x3

interesting.  you're making this over Pikachu, i assume?

I might, but I might just put it over an alloy or something since I plan on making it like entirely different from pikachu altogether.

Thank you ^^

Pin0yB0i
    Badace
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 05:04:23 PM »

The feet..... O.o
    Usually, imported models over animations are epic fails.... but good luck!

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 05:26:19 PM »

QFT.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

stranger24
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 07:44:02 PM »

The feet..... O.o

What do you mean by "the feet" ?

Pin0yB0i
    Badace
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »

The feet..... O.o

What do you mean by "the feet" ?
    They're a little too big... I see what you did there ...

Cataly5t
    Advanced Kitten

I stare into my mothers eyes and hope for ruin.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 08:50:12 PM »

Interesting model ^^

Executioner of Halo Reach.

bkrdgksuon
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »

Those legs are a huge blemish on an otherwise very solid model.

Christian_CAO
    Extreme Kitten

... halp

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 07:53:01 AM »

Is this a model from pokepark Wii or did you vertex edit Pikachu?  Awesome Face

Also, I don't know what everyone else is talking about. Those feet look perfectly fine  Tongue

It looks like the model was based off of Raichu in the anime 'cause it does have pretty large feet in there as well as in the old game sprites found in Red, Blue, and Yellow version.

However it looks like they redesigned his feet once Gold and Silver came out cause the sprites there look way smaller.

This stays even in Fire red and Leaf green.

Daimond and Pearl redesign the feet to be slightly larger but not nearly as large as the original sprites.

The same is true for Heart gold and Soul silver.

I'm a pokemon nerd so I know what I'm talkin' about   Police

Good luck in this project and I'm sorry I can't be of use... maybe textures?  Undecided
    « Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:58:23 AM by Christian_CAO » Logged

^3^

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Pin Collector Heart Container

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »

His legs in general got bigger from using Pikachu's animations. I just checked the import and his legs and feet should be a lot smaller.

Iced_Shadows
    Hyper Kitten

How dare you read this text! IT'S PERSONAL!!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 08:42:29 AM »

The legs being large could be considered a retro thing. As somebody previously stated, Raichu's feet used to be quite large indeed. It all depends on personal preference I suppose.

Honestly, as long as it isn't just a recolor of Pikachu, I'm very okay with how it looks. =D I hope this will eventually be on Pikachu though >_<;

brawluver135
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 10:36:07 AM »

Yeah this is the Pokepark Wii model
    I know because I tried to make a Pichu work...

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 12
    Print
    Jump to: