Bone Tree Editor- development thread : Version 1.1 released

Started by TheShyGuy, September 13, 2010, 11:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

hmm do you know how to add/delete REAL  bones?
-my source code is MESSY all of it is in one file. I gotta separate them later.
....i need to learn how to make a tree node wrapper...or look at bb bawl lib lol

Quote from: theshyguy on December 05, 2010, 06:58:33 PM
hmm do you know how to add/delete REAL  bones?
-my source code is MESSY all of it is in one file. I gotta separate them later.
....i need to learn how to make a tree node wrapper...or look at bb bawl lib lol

that's how I like my code (all in 1 file) :D
^it's easier to work with

anyways, yea, I can add bones, but by hand...
it's not hard (excluding the transform and inverse matrices)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I can get you the source pretty easily, one of the downsides of C# is it can be reflected

December 05, 2010, 07:29:14 PM #33 Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:33:11 PM by theshyguy
when i say REAL bones, I mean bones that you can attach hitboxes/gfx  to and still shows up in game...if that's the case then can you tell me how?(or mssg me). I'd like to add it to my editor.  if you don't want me to release it publicly, I'll make a personal program for me( and you if you want).

-about the matrices, do you need to know how they're set up or what they do?

edit: you can give the sc but the main thing it does is multiplies the number by 208 and turns it into  4 bytes. Then rewrites the 4 bytes with the new ones.

December 05, 2010, 07:36:06 PM #34 Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:38:34 PM by Tcll
Quote from: theshyguy on December 05, 2010, 07:29:14 PM
when i say REAL bones, I mean bones that you can attach hitboxes/gfx  to and still shows up in game...if that's the case then can you tell me how?(or mssg me). I'd like to add it to my editor.  if you don't want me to release it publicly, I'll make a personal program for me( and you if you want).

-about the matrices, do you need to know how they're set up or what they do?

I prbly would've found out soon but yea, what do they do??
I know how they're set up and all :/

1 0 0 0
0 1 0 0
0 0 1 0
0 0 0 1

and I see what you mean...
I know the matrices link to the weights in the polygons,
but I'm not sure how they work entirely

I don't really know how to reference library objects (items in brawl)
but I'm sure I'll figure it out :/

I have my chat if you want speedy convos: http://tcll5850.webfreehosting.net/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: theshyguy on December 05, 2010, 07:29:14 PM
you can give the src but the main thing it does is multiplies the number by 208 and turns it into  4 bytes. Then rewrites the 4 bytes with the new ones.
you lost me after src so imma drop out of the convo now lol
thanks for the bone editor, keep working on it
Maybe you could help me rearrange this bone structure

December 05, 2010, 07:48:02 PM #36 Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:56:42 PM by theshyguy
well I'm not sure if this helps or whether you lnow this or not....

matrices are used to calculate the "real world" cordinates of the object(scale, translation, rotation and something else)..not sure if it's the same thing for inverse and ?binary?

not sure if the above is helpful but it's something....

-knowing how to add a bone is a start atleast

edit: tcll - I would join the chat but I'm on my phone lol

black - I mean that's how it coverts values to hex.  The rest(move up/down code) just changes the rest of the bones to match up correctly

December 05, 2010, 07:58:33 PM #37 Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 02:35:16 AM by DarkPikachu
yea... didn't really tell me anything out of the ordinary there -_-

collada files actually use both the transform and inverse matrices
(more of the inverse though)

I know the inverse matrix is used for weights and repositioning
mdl0/dat models tend to look like this without the matrices applied:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

o well then I guess when I get bak I'll mess with the values and see what they do

Quote from: theshyguy on December 05, 2010, 08:02:48 PM
o well then I guess when I get bak I'll mess with the values and see what they do


alright, and please inform me of this too :)
I'm quite busy with other stuff around this or I'd look into it myself

out of curiosity, where are you anyways :/
don't answer that if you feel I shouldn't know :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 05, 2010, 08:19:24 PM #40 Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:21:29 PM by theshyguy
friends playn blk ops lol

Quote from: theshyguy on December 05, 2010, 08:19:24 PM
friends playn blk ops lol

lawlz ^_^

I'm bout ready to hook up my XBox to play an old game of destruction :D
^ever played Whiplash??

heh...
yea...
sometimes looking at data get's on my nervs and a break is needed :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 05, 2010, 09:01:29 PM #42 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:25:58 AM by theshyguy
no dunno what whiplash is(if you mean like a game)

-yeh that's why I took like a 2-3 month break...looking at data is just  boooring...until you figure it out =p

edit: i think ill TRY to quickly make that redo/undo button

hey, you wanna turn this into a dev thread :)
(may help boost me in Tk as well as learning more about the MDL0 format)

^yes, I'll try this in Py
if I get this, then maybe I can get my converter ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 06, 2010, 04:25:11 AM #44 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:16:44 AM by theshyguy
Yeh sure...sorry for late response..got home a fell asleep as soon as i sat down lol..just woke =p.

edit: lol failed modify....i guess ill TRY to make a undo/redo button real quick

edit2: i didn't download  this -MFC71.dll: http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=mfc71- but i can still open the hex edit.  I read the thing when it installed saying that it uses it but does not install it.  If i need it just reply.

edit3:
-wheres autosync.....
-i copied your code into an xml(though c#) and then saved it as _mdl0.xml.....i put it in the startup as hex edit and it doesn't show in the template list

edit4: ill try to clean up my code then give you it. It might take a while because its a bit of  code;