SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

@NaruZeldaMaster

If you don't care why are you having a rant in my topic?  A rant (may I add) that went off on a completely pointless and irrelevant tangent.  Now let me explain something to you.  Something that lots of people don't seem to understand.  They just seem to look at the face value of this situation.

Do you want to know one of the reasons I made my Shadow?  It was not only because I was unsatisfied with mastaklo's Shadow, but because I knew that making something like this would get me some recognition and allow me to get a lot of feedback so I could become even better at PSA.  Projects of characters such as Shadow and Cloud gain a lot more recognition (especially if they're good like mine) and because people recognise this, they feedback to me about the PSA.  I wouldn't be the PSAer I am today if it wasn't for this feedback.

Doing a less popular character means you will get less feedback and recognition, no matter how good it is.  This means that it is harder to improve and learn.  A good example for me would be Viewtiful Joe.  He has less than 500 downloads.  Despite the fact that people liked it a lot and despite the fact that I got some good feedback, after I did Shadow it made me realise a lot of the glaring flaws that Viewtiful Joe has that I wouldn't have noticed before and I probably wouldn't have even thought about doing a proper full revamp if it wasn't for me making Shadow.

Also, I'd like you to really think about the statement you've said about in your 2nd comment.  You're a PSAer so one thing you must know about this sort of thing is if you want something done, you have to do it yourself.  You could quite easily make a Spiderman PSA yourself using jokekid's vertex.  You need to take initiative with these things.

Finally, you should know why I do my character hacks in general and it's because I want to incorporate fun characters that work well in the game as best as I can.  The fact of the matter is, the PSAs like Shadow, Cloud, Naruto, Zero etc are the best characters to play as.  It makes more sense to have the mainstream characters which have a wide choice of moves and that make a lick of sense comparative to the Brawl roster. 

Well that's it.  Rant over.  I hope you (all) learned something and next time NaruZeldaMaster, please don't go off on a tangent because I don't really care about your nitpicky and whiny issues with nipples and action figures. 


January 26, 2011, 06:25:30 PM #781 Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:28:59 PM by Wave Kusanagi
We both went off on people in a rant in two different topics around the same time. Yeah, you're definitely my son.

Also, just to piss off the mainstream hating people, along with myself for certain reasons, here.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16023

Also, someone REALLY needs to work more on Collaboration. I can't get you or even Hax to work on it.


Quote from: Wave Kusanagi on January 26, 2011, 06:25:30 PM
We both went off on people in a rant in two different topics around the same time. Yeah, you're definitely my son.

Also, just to piss off the mainstream hating people, along with myself for certain reasons, here.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16023

Also, someone REALLY needs to work more on Collaboration. I can't get you or even Hax to work on it.

Me is understandable since my name is complicated and has a space but I don't know why Hax doesn't work.  He has probably the simplest name on the forum :-\

Anyways, I'm waiting for some idiot to come along and report this.  Some people are just blinded by the fact that because mainstream stuff does better (and people realise it does better) that it is instantly a lazy and poor effort (which is not true at all).

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNaTuM on January 26, 2011, 06:46:38 PM
Quote from: Wave Kusanagi on January 26, 2011, 06:25:30 PM
We both went off on people in a rant in two different topics around the same time. Yeah, you're definitely my son.

Also, just to piss off the mainstream hating people, along with myself for certain reasons, here.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16023

Also, someone REALLY needs to work more on Collaboration. I can't get you or even Hax to work on it.

Me is understandable since my name is complicated and has a space but I don't know why Hax doesn't work.  He has probably the simplest name on the forum :-\

Anyways, I'm waiting for some idiot to come along and report this.  Some people are just blinded by the fact that because mainstream stuff does better (and people realise it does better) that it is instantly a lazy and poor effort (which is not true at all).

Meh, whatever will be, will be.

Anyways I'm actually just now finding out today that you're welcome on a Cloud moveset. o.o Definitely glad to hear, since the last one was good, but needed a lot of improvements. I mean a LOT. XD

Can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm sure you've got things covered since you're great at this, but let me know if you run into some weird, random problem you can't figure out. :3

Besides, I may have something to discuss with you in private later, depending on how things go. ¦D


Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 26, 2011, 03:57:27 PM
I wish people would stop making a big f* deal about Cloud, Kratos, Goku, and a few others. Mainstreem characters, especially animes are starting to get old >_>

about this, i have to say that only mainstream character SHOULD be in a crossover...
would u put for example the thugs from spiderman games? no, why? cuz they have nothing special...

and for psa, and i know im not a psaer, but still, to make a good psa u need reference...
cloud has been repeated by square enix the most of all final fantasy games, so that makes him the MAIN ff character, so IF any FF character would EVER be in BRAWL, that would be cloud, making reference to ALL his appearances.

cloud should be seen in two perspectives:
games, using magic and stuff.
and advent children, being a somehow awesome emo guy who uses his 5 pieced overgrown sword to kick ass every 5 minutes...


and ppl should make whatever they want without being judged, PSA's will always have possibility to be better, the problem about shadow are the thousand models there are...
cloud only has 3 creators that i remember right now, who are: akari_un being the original hack creator, beyondyou with his KH design and later classic design, and another random guy who'se name i cant remember right now...

did u check the vault? there is another shadow hack, and gues what... its a FKN texture on sonic's model!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadow's model is overused, cloud is probably going to be the same, but there cant be enough, better said there cant be too much psa's of a character, cuz they give u the possibility to choose which one is better...

PD: longest post by myself ever ^^

Naru is gonna be in for a big surprise >.>.. This should be amusing..
FC:4898-8419-2778


Your Cloud is lookin' good man. I thought the one .Fade made couldn't get any better but yours just feels more cloudy from from what I've seen. Can't wait for this. :af:

... maybe I should finish that advent children cloud I started before Akari released his...

Quote from: LookBeyondYou on January 26, 2011, 07:21:23 PM
Your Cloud is lookin' good man. I thought the one .Fade made couldn't get any better but yours just feels more cloudy from from what I've seen. Can't wait for this. :af:

... maybe I should finish that advent children cloud I started before Akari released his...

Yes please :af:  I personally like the look of AC Cloud the most (sue me XD) and yours would definitely turn out better than Akari_Un's.

I never said I disapproved of the hack, I'm just sick of people acting like it's the ABSOLUTE BEST THING EVER. Even when it is in it's own right, it's just annoying to se duplicates of the same texture for the same character.

Yeah, I COULD do something like spiderman, or superman, but like deadpool (even though it's gonna be awesome) those characters would actualy be expected, and thus be awesome as well.(for the reasons being effort and time put into it)

I'm working on something COMPLETELY unexpected. At least from the chatter I've heard about assist trophies. And no, it's not going to be an assist trophy port or anything >_> I'm just saying it's going to be unexpected.

I honestly get where you're coming from(About Shadow, cloud etc) and that's one of the reasons I made my dark sonic, I did it because I wanted to, and not because of the huge fanbase.

It's just annoying when a bunch of noobers post stuff like "THIS IS EPICAMAZINGAWESOME" without even trying the psa themselves, SOMETIMES.

Maybe pick something that hasn't been done before that's still mainstream? Like what about Zant now that there's a decent vertex of him? I might try him once I figure out how to get pits two swords over him.

Can we all stop complaining and get back to worshipping sdoom? You guys are getting a lil annoying.... :notimp:

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

I can fix this! I can fix this!

YOU PUSHED THE WRONG BUUUTTOOOOOOON!!!

Climhazzard on the ground so far.  Basically how it works is you dash forward, slice through foes 3 times then slash the up into the air, follow up with another aerial slash upwards, then smack them down with a stab:



Ther're still some hitbox oddities at the moment, but I'm working on it.

hey i have Edited your´s Shadow SDo0m InFiNaTuM so it works abit better over Donkey kong but have to remove Neutral-B and make that attack to a other now is Neutral-B air/ground same as your´s shadow Down-B air and Down-B air/ground is same as your´s shadow Down-B ground
(sorry for the ppl who love Neutral-B on this shadow but it dont work at all over Donkey kong)
Download link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16125

if you want can you just post that link to the first post on this thread after all is it your´s shadow i have edited to donkey kong (but not your´s CSPs/fitdonkeyentry.pac/battle portrites packages they are made by TheWill)
ps. my first time i ever have do something with PSAs


I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: mariodk on January 28, 2011, 10:18:46 AM
hey i have Edited your´s Shadow SDo0m InFiNaTuM so it works abit better over Donkey kong but have to remove Neutral-B and make that attack to a other now is Neutral-B air/ground same as your´s shadow Down-B air and Down-B air/ground is same as your´s shadow Down-B ground
(sorry for the ppl who love Neutral-B on this shadow but it dont work at all over Donkey kong)
Download link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16125

if you want can you just post that link to the first post on this thread after all is it your´s shadow i have edited to donkey kong (but not your´s CSPs/fitdonkeyentry.pac/battle portrites packages they are made by TheWill)
ps. my first time i ever have do something with PSAs




Good work and shall do ;)  Quite a few people wanted this Shadow over Donkey Kong and it's great that you did a near perfect port.  Well done :)