SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

3rd to vote. Woot.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

my only complain is the AAA combo, the third hit seems difficult to land... maybe u should switch the second and third attacks??

(ounch punch kick)


While having sex with said bacon, I forgot to comment on what I thought of the moveset... the nerdgasam has subsided now so I'm in the right state of mind.

While I like whats posted, the moves don't seem to flow together in a way that allows one to string together many combos. Based on what I saw, a lot of his combo's would be no more then 3 hits maybe. When I say combo's I mean things like

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Not limited to the spoiler-ed action, but something along those lines. Hopefully, after playing with it, I'll be wrong.


Also, Joker's right about the AAA combo. That 3'rd hit is a bit hard to land, but why not give it a looping attack? I don't see to many people giving AAA combos's that can be continued by holding A.

I know the MvC3 Spidy did something along those lines(the current AAA combo) but what harm is there in adding a repeated last hit? Or... maybe make a Ax5 combo string. I dunno... something unique. But just ending at AAA seems bland IMO.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

First of all, the PSA looks good, I don't use PSAs at all, but I'm planning on getting this one and test it out when it's complete...
Other than that, my inexperience with PSA doesn't let me talk more about it or give proper feedback.


And now, sorry if I go a little bit off-topic but... as a texturer and vertexer I have to say I don't like the previews of the upcoming textures shown here... (no offense to the guys making them)

Even the one you showcase in the latest vid... it looks... well, ugly tbh.
I wonder what happened to the texture you showed in some preview pics? It looked better.

I might not be that known or recognized for my hacks since I haven't been active for some time now...
But I think my hacks have good quality, and I would like to offer my help with the textures.
Simply because I love Spidey and I want this to be a really good project in all of its components.

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on July 11, 2011, 11:28:35 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CYvxxU65v4 I'll add annotations to it later.  Now, I need some sleep ¬_¬
I found a glitch I think a spawning of the web. Sorry for nitpicking...
If you pause at approx. 5:47 a web spawns horizontally right when the move starts.

July 12, 2011, 07:05:57 AM #3771 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:31:27 AM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n
Quote from: the joker on July 11, 2011, 11:44:43 PM
my only complain is the AAA combo, the third hit seems difficult to land... maybe u should switch the second and third attacks??

(ounch punch kick)

OR

I could do the smart option and instead of rearranging the whole combo to a point where it makes less sense, I could just tweak the knockback of the 2nd hit.  Did this really not occur to you guys?  Tweaking that will take SECONDS, whereas rearranging the whole move will take longer than need be and will probably end up being a waste of time. And besides attack wise, the current combo is a light to medium to heavy attack, so it better represents stuff from MvC.

Quote from: Kagemaru on July 12, 2011, 12:09:02 AM
While having sex with said bacon, I forgot to comment on what I thought of the moveset... the nerdgasam has subsided now so I'm in the right state of mind.

While I like whats posted, the moves don't seem to flow together in a way that allows one to string together many combos. Based on what I saw, a lot of his combo's would be no more then 3 hits maybe. When I say combo's I mean things like

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Not limited to the spoiler-ed action, but something along those lines. Hopefully, after playing with it, I'll be wrong.

Why does he need combos like that when he has mobility that exceeds every character in Brawl?  Not to mention his kill potential is much better than Sheik's.  The ability to build up high damage for Spider-Man should not be from being able to pull of spam combos like Sheik, but to be able to zip around the stage and land a quick hit.  He's essentially a hit and run character, but with moves like Web Swing he can go on the offensive to apply pressure too. 

Despite what some may think, I do think carefully about character playstyles.  I don't want it to feel like something you've already played in Brawl.  I want it to have its own unique feeling.  If Spidey had the combo potential of Sheik, he'd essentially just be a glorified version of Sheik with better kill potential.  That was never my aim. 


QuoteAlso, Joker's right about the AAA combo. That 3'rd hit is a bit hard to land, but why not give it a looping attack? I don't see to many people giving AAA combos's that can be continued by holding A.

I know the MvC3 Spidy did something along those lines(the current AAA combo) but what harm is there in adding a repeated last hit? Or... maybe make a Ax5 combo string. I dunno... something unique. But just ending at AAA seems bland IMO.

Something that people may not know (from watching the vid it's not too apparent), but the 2nd hit of the AAA combo can be easily crouch cancelled into not only more AA follow-ups, quite a few other moves too.  There's no point in doing a looped AAA combo.  It wouldn't add anything and if it looked the current last hit it would just look cack.

That and I can't be asked.

Quote from: cx_asuka on July 12, 2011, 01:35:26 AM
First of all, the PSA looks good, I don't use PSAs at all, but I'm planning on getting this one and test it out when it's complete...
Other than that, my inexperience with PSA doesn't let me talk more about it or give proper feedback.


And now, sorry if I go a little bit off-topic but... as a texturer and vertexer I have to say I don't like the previews of the upcoming textures shown here... (no offense to the guys making them)

Even the one you showcase in the latest vid... it looks... well, ugly tbh.
I wonder what happened to the texture you showed in some preview pics? It looked better.

I might not be that known or recognized for my hacks since I haven't been active for some time now...
But I think my hacks have good quality, and I would like to offer my help with the textures.
Simply because I love Spidey and I want this to be a really good project in all of its components.

This one?



Honestly it was a pain to look at in game.  It was just too unsaturated and it didn't fit Spidey's look. Even as a "Brawl" texture it wasn't one of the creators best (still love the model itself though).  However, I'll send you the model anyways.  I know you've done some fantastic textures.


Also, I'll include an edited Zelda file so that the Down B is disabled (I can't be asked to think of a new Down B).

I don't know what to say. Other than a few minor touh-ups, this is virtualy perfect.

Nostalgic. Is the first song from the SNES game? :3 I really can't wait for the beta, he looks fun. Kind of odd that he swings from air though XD It's look perfect on a stage with a ceiling though.

Quote from: xZedkiel on July 12, 2011, 11:21:19 AM
Nostalgic. Is the first song from the SNES game? :3 I really can't wait for the beta, he looks fun. Kind of odd that he swings from air though XD It's look perfect on a stage with a ceiling though.

So you don't think it's weird that all those other RPGs have him swinging in air with webs? It works so we can go with it.

Quote from: SuperZelda on July 12, 2011, 11:30:27 AM
So you don't think it's weird that all those other RPGs have him swinging in air with webs? It works so we can go with it.
Touche SuperZelda, touche... >.>
It still looks funny though XD

Quote from: xZedkiel on July 12, 2011, 11:21:19 AM
Nostalgic. Is the first song from the SNES game? :3 I really can't wait for the beta, he looks fun. Kind of odd that he swings from air though XD It's look perfect on a stage with a ceiling though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ScxffDksk

Indeed it is :P  As for the webs, I'm not too sure how I'll fix that tbh @_@  The main thing is that there is no "globule" of web at the end.  Normally when he swings, there's a little globule that attaches himself down in the air.   If someone can vertex the chain or something to include this web globule that would be great.

Dude, I just watched the battle vid. WTF!!! That's it i'm getting Spiderman I don't care about Sheik anymore my Zelda pretty much uses both Sheik and Zelda moves, I just need to know how to get Zelda to not change into Sheik/Spiderman!

How did he extend the tether? I MUST KNOW how to do THAT!

Quote from: SuperZelda on July 12, 2011, 11:38:32 AM
Dude, I just watched the battle vid. WTF!!! That's it i'm getting Spiderman I don't care about Sheik anymore my Zelda pretty much uses both Sheik and Zelda moves, I just need to know how to get Zelda to not change into Sheik/Spiderman!

How did he extend the tether? I MUST KNOW how to do THAT!

Well basically, it's not the tether :)  I took the chain's model, and put it over the hand needles instead so that it didn't have any floating points or properties or hitboxes.  Then I just set it to have animations (Article Actions) for each of the web moves.

The Entry though, was made of graphics (courtesy of DivineOverlord).

I knew I recognized that song :D Now I gotta hook up my Iron Man themed SNES.