SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

To finish my helicopter kick idea, let me show you what I mean visually.

Actually, now that I think about it it's more of a pinwheel kick.

Here is the basic pose of the animation.



-and what he is going to do is spin vertically while doing multiple pinwheel kicks.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

The animations look pretty great in the preview you posted SDoom.
I personally love that wait animation, it makes buu look like a feral beast of character.

Can't wait to see the special moves once they are done.

October 01, 2011, 11:28:00 PM #5162 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:32:03 PM by frostymm
I've been doing literally nothing but fighting every character with him and then fighting against him with several characters. All level 9 CPU's until my bro's get off from work... So far I like it, he's not really too overpowered or underpowered but... Its kind of difficult to tell what the hells going on with a lot of the auto-combo attacks.

His combo's are ridiculous sure but he seems to have a pretty weak aerial game. Most other characters attacks have priority over his own.

And also, I've found very little use for the U-tilt, it should probably make a hitbox behind or all around him kind of like Lucario's original one because right now I can't use it for squat. I mean normally a move like that should be used mid way through a ground combo to start your aerial attack but with the way Kid Buu is made its better just to up-smash anyway.

At least if it hit all around him, it could be used defensively. Or better yet to play into the fact that he's a combo character I think giving it at little knockback growth as possible would be better, that way it can be useful all the way into the 100's of damage.

I wrote down a whole list of things and the more and more I play the more I'm not quite sure what I want to say. I'll give more feedback in PM once I've tested it a bit further against actual people.

Also, give the over-special in the air more lag. Right now its an infinite horizontal recovery....

Is this the kind of feedback you're looking for? =3
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.


October 02, 2011, 02:35:15 AM #5164 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:43:48 AM by Ultraxwing
I've finally play tested, whoo, it was very difficult. but i got all the information down that i think needs done. nothing about visuals mentioned just saying what i think of each move. not to present the moveset

[SPOILER]AAA combo - This is great, to keep the opponent locked in to you can continue your AAA combo set up, then do your down tilt, then do a Down smash (roughly 36%)

F Tilt - This move is treat as a dsitancing tool. well not to do good distance, you hit them back and you go backwards. perfect end lag. could do a 2% increase in Knockback though.

U Tilt - I had no use for this, it doesn't combo well, at all. it can, if you AAA side tilt, up tilt, and then upsmash. but that's harder than it looks.

D Tilt - this is good, it's End lag is very punishable, which is why this makes it worth it as a second to finishing up combo set up.

Dash Attack - This is very perfect. it's perfect as it is. (well, it seems to have a slight problem transition when fighting Ike. but that just might be me)

F Smash - This is perfect, but i noticed on the second kick, it's rather difficult to hit with. and if it does, damage seems to show up a lil' late.

U Smash - This does WAY too much damage. even when uncharged (well i'm saying this cause he's truly combo based.)

D Smash - this move Rocks, i love, how you can jump out of and do a sexy combo. like Down-B, hit the opponent, he flies in the air, jump in the air, and Up-B him. or Side-B him if your really good.

N Air - This is fine, besides it looking weird when looking in the opposite direction

F Air - This is completely fine.

B Air -perfect if you ask me.

U Air -this is fine, but i think it needs to be slightly faster, and in contrast make the landing lag a lil' slower.

D Air - this is interesting, it's great to combo in after using Down-Smash jump, then D Air. it's a good combo set up.

Neutral B: This is fine, but if you ask me, it needs to a lil' bit faster, but in contrast make him have to hold it. and make him have a lil' more end lag. i was able to spam non-stop with this (not completely, but i was able to perfectly time it and always hit my friend even in the air. needs to enter special fall to if launched in the air.)

Side B: This move is super Sexy. for one it's my special favorite. i just think it could do more damage. but i wouldn't, for one, it can hit multiple opponents. making it beast.

Up B: This move has potential. it can be angled this is perfect, if you ask me the way it works and how kid buu works so far, you should be able to do a few Aerials when you hit an oppenent, or make a sexy combo string.

Down B: This move is completely useless in my opinion. i just roll out of the way, i mean it great for recovery, but that's about it. you can keep it, but make it teleport farther and make it capable of angling in towards the air if your on the ground, this would make it much more useful.

Waits: Smoothly Animated

Up taunt: Rather Ferocious =3

Down Taunt: this is perfect, though it lasts long, it heals. but may i suggest that you can cancel sleeping after like one and a half seconds? if you can do the full taunt it heals. or you can cancel it cause some people are monsters.

Side taunt: needs to transition to Wait-1

I'm loving the cancel system. it's amazing.

That's all about it, seeing how we've been testing for hours now. me and my friend. and my friend LOVES it.

oh and, he can't beat Goku as of yet <____< it's rather difficult.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

I think I'll post mine like Ultra did. Here's what I think with the first day of playing:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




I'm used to having to rely on fast falling, short hopping, and just general ability to maneuver and know what skills to use to combo. This practically gives you combo's on a silver platter. I like how I can combo the AAA combo into a ton of different moves and how I can jump out of the down smash if I hit something but it doesn't quite feel right.
That and he needs more killing moves, seriously. I have to get someone close to 200% before I can kill them. I think at least one or two of his moves should be changed to low damage, high knock back killing moves. I know he's a combo character but he needs something, Mario can combo the hell out of anything but he still has the fist and a sweet spot on his back air.

The way his combo's work out is that they only really work on the ground, so he really needs some way to stick to or pull the opponent to the ground. (Idea for new over special, grab and pull to ground? Like Olimars ladder but reverse?)


I like how I didn't actually offer to be a playtester and yet I am =3 Not that I'm complaining, I must've worded my post weird or something. Here's what I think after just playing it for... The second you released it to now.... I don't got much else to do luckily. Overall I like it, really well done, can't wait to see when its finished. I'll playtest it some more when my friend (Who plays all the cheap characters as cheaply as possible) has time and I can take a shot at him with it.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

To re-quote the glitch I found:
When you are just starting N-B and you are grabbed the N-B graphic is attached to his hand.
Do you think terminate graphic if grabbed would work?(Somehow implement that). I know this is visual and not balancing but I just wanted to show you.

Onto balancing feedback:
Improvements needed:
The DashAttack needs a sweetspot on the last hit of the attack(to give knockback...the last hit should give 5% at least and the other 1-3%) and should look like a pinwheel animation instead. His legs wrapping around each other twirling.

As the others have said UpTilt is the least used move I use.

Side-B(Mystic Combination) should have more knockback for that last kick if the damage racked up is 13%. Atm, if you were to keep that damage it would be at most normal for a 7% move. So the knockback needs to be increased. It is a special after all.
I'm thinking the same for DownSmash cuz it's pretty small knockback if you do it 0%.
Side-B has less knockback than DownSmash and DownSmash has more knockback. So either DownSmash should have its knockback increased or it's damage decreased.

To re-iterate my throw idea since Kid Buu so far doesn't have a Kamehameha in this moveset.
How about for the UpThrow make him kick the opponent upward(3%) and do quick Kamehameha(9-12%).

I've noticed even the SideTilt has knockback growth(even the slightest). I don't think it should.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys.  I'll just quickly clarify a couple of things:

- I will change the U Tilt....again @_@  Or at least try to give it more overhead range.  Since multiple people have found it not very useful, I will fix it.

- The Side B needs the time slowdown for the move to work at all.  It doesn't cause enough hitstun on each of the hits even when I experimented with using the paralyse flag.  I also tried to use Lucario's old Side B throw as a basis which didn't work at all either (quite hilariously, instead of Buu moving back and forth on the TransN, the opponent did instead and Buu staying in place).   

As for the Side B in the air, I'm definitely fixing that.  It bothers me as well to no end.

- Fixed that Neutral B glitch.

- Side Taunt hasn't been changed.  No point in saying it should transition to the Wait, because I'm not keeping it.  As for the Down Taunt, I was thinking of releasing two versions.  One that you can interrupt after 100 frames but doesn't heal, and one that doesn't interrupt but can heal.  I want it to be a risk/reward taunt, so having the interrupt and the heal just removes that risk. 

But thanks again for all the feedback peepz


can´t wait to see preview of "B" attacks+FS
also see how FS will work like
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

October 02, 2011, 09:01:55 AM #5169 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:33:58 AM by SiLeNtDo0m
Actually, as regards to the Side B, I MIGHT actually be able to have it not freeze frame at all.  If I speed it up so it's much faster and increase the knockback a bit more so there is more hitstun, I may not need the time slowdown.

whatever you do i know it is awesome

btw i got a questing about on-hi-cancal system and how to PSA it
is it like this:
Set Loop XX times (set it to start then a hitbox is added)
IF hitbox connects
  allow Specific interrupt (for "B" attacks)
End If
Timer set to 1
execute.loop (set it to end the loop after hitbox is deleted)

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

As to reply to Frostymm.

I consider the Down-B useless, cause the way i play i find it useless.

now i did what you did. and it's a sexy way to combo. actually, it's perfect if you know you to work it.

and the U-Smash, i find it WAY too powerful, because i can kill with it with them at 75%. either that or it's just me.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Ultraxwing on October 02, 2011, 05:50:23 PM
As to reply to Frostymm.

I consider the Down-B useless, cause the way i play i find it useless.

now i did what you did. and it's a sexy way to combo. actually, it's perfect if you know you to work it.

and the U-Smash, i find it WAY too powerful, because i can kill with it with them at 75%. either that or it's just me.

There is indeed a certain way to use the Down B.  If you use it right, it's EXTREMELY useful, otherwise you won't really get the purpose of it.

And I've never been able to kill with the U Smash on that low.  I've had Mario live past 130% when I U Smash on him.  Let's both test it further though XD

Also, for you guys who didn't playtest, I'll give you guys some preview pics later.  Got some work to do first XD

Okay i went into Training, and tried the U-Smash at around 75% eight times. must've been the stage. cause it takes around 120% to kill someone with this move. =/

been practicing the Down Special. It's a nasty set up system. playing against a level-9 marth, with no items, and five lives. i didn't lose one life, and i would kill him around 120% and everytime he would be sent flying, i would heal my self.

Kidbuu has potential, just he's lacking somethings in Knockback. but so far, i've mastered him (as his current release) his side special in the air though. that's just ridonculous

https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

*Patiently waits to see the pinwheel kick implemented, if at all.*

: 3

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302