Saki Amamiya Project, Need help making special attacks!

Started by Rikami, October 20, 2010, 03:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT-GBxHp9Yk#]SSBB Saki Amamiya Teaser Video[/url]



About the Project

Moveset

Most animations are taken from numerous other characters.
Including but not limited to Ganondorf, Ike, Link, Marth, Pit, Samus, Snake and Zero Suit Samus.
A few are directly from Saki's Assist Trophy

A couple of the moves are kind of pace holders. I plan on changing almost all of the aerials.
Just about all of the attacks need damage, knockback, and size adjustment.
By no means are any of the moves final.

Suggestions? Ideas? Post here


How it all started

I started on this project way back last November around when the "Fully New Character Archive" thread was created.
A few other hackers had started some work on importing Saki's assist trophy .mdl0 over alloys. (primitive I know)
No one made it very far in development though, not much more than a few animations.
Most likely because of a BrawlBox Error (which still exists might I add) that causes incorrect naming for "DecalTexture" in "Materials1"
This caused Saki to show up in game with corrupted looking colors.
I was set back as well, putting my project on an indefinite end.
Only months later did I discover this error.

After that I began work again, but alas, more problems arose.
Problems like compatible characters to replace, and bone count, etc.
Thanks to the bone adding program, I overcame this part.
I was set back for various other reasons but I recently came to port over Toon Link.
That's where the real work began.



Joining the Project

So far ALL work has been done by me.
That's right, Animations, PSA, Graphics, you name it.

However I am looking for some top notch animators and PSA specialists.

Most attacks are complete but changes could be considered.
I need fresh animations for Taunts and wait2 and wait3.

Special attacks are something I have not started yet. I have some very big plans in mind though.
Someone with extensive PSA knowledge will be required.

I really need some info on how I can get Saki's SFX working on Toon Link, If you have ANY information let me know!

Please contact me via this thread or privately with at least 2 examples of your best work if you'd like to apply.


Release

I've decided not to release Saki quite yet.
I'd like to get the Special Attacks down, tweak the existing attacks, and finish the rest of the animations.
I might change my mind though :p

October 20, 2010, 03:34:58 AM #1 Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:42:55 AM by ShadowMarth
Wow highly impressive!!!!
It's to bad that I can't use it.

Stupid bann!
Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
PSA 2.35:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
Competitive play Official thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

Wow, very impressive. Looking forward to it.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0648 3646 9521

pwease! get his done =3
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Very cool, ive been waiting for a PSA like this one.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Epic. I CAN'T wait till this is out! ;D

wow, very good job, you have earned my respect

Personally, I think thi PSA obviously need more variance in attacks (by that I mean more moves of his own).

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Some specials suggestions...

B : Manual Aim Bullet- His stronger bullet from when shooting in Manual Aim that shoots straight. Slow start up with decent damage and knockback.

Side-B : Auto Aim Bullet- Weaker 3 shot burst with shorter range and weaker damage. Shoots at an angle upwards on ground and angled downwards in air.

Down-B : Some slash thing...I'll have to play it again for an idea.

Up-B : Hoverboard - Controllable flight or straight up with a lot of air mobility.

FS : His giant robot slashes then shoots them. Probably a vertex of Ray to look like his Mech.

Any chance of his Ruffian form and his wife being alt textures? :3

I would like to help with finalized fighter.pac, I'm good at making moves work into combo's, and tweaking moves to work better.

So after a finished fighter.pac give it to someone, then me, then to someone else to smooth it out. XD
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

This really looks cool and all, but it's over Toon Link, so...

October 22, 2010, 02:37:18 AM #11 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:03:44 AM by cyberdark
cool i can`t wait  ps awesome job man you rock

Is it possible for Saki to go over an Alloy...like Yellow or over Yoshi or somebody useless

Quote from: R.O.L.L on October 25, 2010, 08:10:27 PM
Is it possible for Saki to go over an Alloy...like Yellow or over Yoshi or somebody useless

Yes but alloys don't have special attacks. So that leaves me with nothing to work with.
And yoshi is a no.