Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to Make BSP(Battle Screen Portrait)by your OWN!  (Read 5568 times)
Pinish
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: October 23, 2010, 05:33:07 AM »

Yo people!
    I was trying to make some BSP but i Coudn't make them,so,i looked a BSP(in Brawlbox) of Shadow from someone and now i can make BSP.But i'm not the only one who can make those,you can do this too!

Make BSP by your own!!!

So guys,the first step is to have your stock image.The character's CSP for example.
    This is mine:(thanks to Renkaken)

Now open your Photoshop CSwhateveryoulike and start a new file of 48x56,and then,open the CSP.
    Put the CSP image insede the 48x56 portrait.It will look a like this:.Save

So,open your Brawlbox>New>Brres Resource Pack.Right-click in New Tree>Import>Texture and choose the 48x56 portrait.Now it will automatically open the Advanced Texture Converter.In the "Image" square(not the preview)click in "Format",choose CI8,click OK the open all the stuff.The Brawlbox menu will look-a-like this:

Now,rename the "NewNode01" texture to InfFace.xxx(codes at the end).The Pallete will automatically rename to the same name.Now it's only to save to InfFacexxx.brres in SD's root>private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>Info>portrite

Character Codes!
    [/size]

Now,I'll teach you how to see the Character Codes,It's so easy!
    First,open up your Brawlbox,then open the file sc_selcharacter.pac.
    When it's open,open the ARC file "char_bust_tex_lz77".
    Every character has a NUMBER and those character's color have the CHARACTER CODE.
    0=Mario
    1=Donkey Kong
    2=Link
    3=Samus
    4=Yoshi
    5=Kirby
    6=Fox
    7=Pikachu
    8=Luigi
    9=Captain Falcon
    10=Ness
    11=Bowser
    12=Peach
    13=Zelda
    14=Sheik
    15=Ice Climbers
    16=Marth
    17=Ms Game and Watch
    18=Falco
    19=Ganondorf
    21=Metaknight(Yes,I know that I skiped 20)
    22=Pit
    23=Zero Suit Samus
    24=Olimar
    25=Lucas
    26=Diddy Kong
    27=Pokémon Trainer
    28=Charizard
    29=Squirtle
    30=Ivysaur
    31=King DDD
    32=Lucario
    33=Ike
    34=R.O.B
    36=Jigglypuff(Yes,I know that I skiped 35
    37=Wario(New and Old Clothe)
    40=Toon Links[I know that I skiped number 38 and 39]
    41=Blank
    43=Wolf(Yes,I know that I skiped number 42)
    45=Snake(I know that I skiped 44)
    46=Sonic
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:32:21 AM by Pinish » Logged

PM me to exchange FC!

Brawlfight:Sora vs Magus vs Rosalina vs Travis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rvjjcKjtbI

Brawlfight:Dark Fox vs Awesome Ninja vs Death king
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2srlrTxz28

renkaken
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:06:22 AM »

You better post it in one section
    and im renkaken not renraken

Pinish
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 06:21:11 PM »

sorry! ^^
    Do ya like it?

PM me to exchange FC!

Brawlfight:Sora vs Magus vs Rosalina vs Travis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rvjjcKjtbI

Brawlfight:Dark Fox vs Awesome Ninja vs Death king
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2srlrTxz28

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »

So...how do you assign these to different colors of one character? For example, let's say I wanted a red Captain Falcon texture BSP. Would I name it IntFace092 (Captain Falcon's code is #09, #02 is his red costume)? Or IntFace090 for a BSP for when his default costume is selected?
    « Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:19:02 PM by (specter) » Logged

Denisan7
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 01:24:43 PM »

Can you have a png file instead of a tga file and still make it work?

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »

Yeah. I don't see the point in TGA files if there are PNGs.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:04:27 PM »

Photoshop CS3/CS4 handles TarGA transparency differently than PNG transparency.  For PNG images, a checkerboard background is used for transparency.  However, TarGA images use an Alpha Layer for transparency.

When dealing with textures that use the IA4, IA8, RGB5A3, and RGBA8 texture formats, this can be rather crucial to understand, since those texture formats have semi-transparency support.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 09:24:36 PM »

Photoshop CS3/CS4 handles TarGA transparency differently than PNG transparency.  For PNG images, a checkerboard background is used for transparency.  However, TarGA images use an Alpha Layer for transparency.

When dealing with textures that use the IA4, IA8, RGB5A3, and RGBA8 texture formats, this can be rather crucial to understand, since those texture formats have semi-transparency support.

Why should you use TGA instead of PNG? Is it better quality? I use GIMP so I probably couldn't use that file anyway.

Also, last time I put a TGA file in BrawlBox as a CSP for Old Snake, there was no transparency; in game there was just a solid black background behind Snake. I can't edit the TGA and make it have transparency or convert it to PNG because when I did that BrawlBox said it was out of memory or something when I tried to import it.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 06:27:03 AM »

Why should you use TGA instead of PNG? Is it better quality? I use GIMP so I probably couldn't use that file anyway.

Also, last time I put a TGA file in BrawlBox as a CSP for Old Snake, there was no transparency; in game there was just a solid black background behind Snake. I can't edit the TGA and make it have transparency or convert it to PNG because when I did that BrawlBox said it was out of memory or something when I tried to import it.

Why don't you look at my guide for dealing with the flat-eyed Final Smash eyes.  You should get your answers.

If you're using The GIMP, follow the steps below.  I'll be using Kirby's eye as an example.

1: Open up the eye texture that you want to edit.

2: Choose the Free Select Tool.

3: Using the Free Select Tool, make a circle around the eye itself, as shown on the image below.

4: Next, go to Select -> Invert to invert the selection.  Then, press Delete on the keyboard to get the results below.

5: Finally, save the image, preferably as a TarGA (.tga) image.

6: Although optional, load up Photoshop CS3/CS4 and open the edited eye texture from there.  Check the Alpha Layer, and you'll see that the Final Smash eye isn't messed up.  For further proof, you can turn on/off the Alpha Layer by going to the channels menu.

7: In regards to importing the Final Smash eyes onto the flat-eyed characters, pay close attention to the Final Smash eye texture formats below.

Kirby: RGBA8
    Pikachu: RGB5A3
    Ness: RGBA8
    Ice Climbers: RGBA8
    Lucas: RGBA8
    Jigglypuff: RGB5A3

While the Final Smash eyes in RGBA8 format will be all right, the RGB5A3 format Final Smash eyes will experience some color , which could make them look weird in-game (especially in Pikachu's case).  Unfortunately, changing texture formats tend to lead to texture errors or game crashes.

Hope that this helps for you.

Anyway, you won't notice transparency differences between PNG and TarGA images with The GIMP, which is why it's pretty wise to have Photoshop CS3/CS4 in your arsenal.

Also, for certain stages, if you import a PNG image, the texture may look messed up; one example includes Mushroomy Kingdom's underground stage.  However, that's easily fixed up if you import a TarGA image instead.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »

Why don't you look at my guide for dealing with the flat-eyed Final Smash eyes.  You should get your answers.

[guide]

Anyway, you won't notice transparency differences between PNG and TarGA images with The GIMP, which is why it's pretty wise to have Photoshop CS3/CS4 in your arsenal.

Also, for certain stages, if you import a PNG image, the texture may look messed up; one example includes Mushroomy Kingdom's underground stage.  However, that's easily fixed up if you import a TarGA image instead.

Ah ok I understand now. How did you perfectly free select that eye like that?

I see. Well I don't have PS simply because you have to pay for it, and...well...I don't want to pay for it.

Ohh. Well I don't make stages nor do I know how to, but that's a tip I;ll have to remember. Maybe I can give people the image I want to use and ask them to convert it to TGA for me.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »

The GIMP can save images under the TarGA image format.  Don't forget that.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 05:16:23 PM »

Oh, right.

So I should only use TGA if I'm doing stage backgrounds and whatnot?

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 06:57:23 AM »

Oh, right.

So I should only use TGA if I'm doing stage backgrounds and whatnot?

Well again there is the dilemma of the textures that use multiple transparent colors.  Without Photoshop CS3/CS4, you won't have a clue as to what is transparent.  At least the CMPR texture format only accepts "1" transparent color.

Aenglaan
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 09:40:01 AM »

I followed these steps and they didn't work for some reason. I was using this (http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/ad133/SJSCSPs/HD/Peach/?action=view¤t=bpeach-1.png) and renamed it InfFace121.brres. When I chose a stage, the game froze. Help?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: