Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Brawlbox Modset 4.1 is here! Draggable bones, among other things  (Read 43253 times)
??_?
Attention. I have your Attention.
Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »

@LordNOaH: Is there any way you could improve compatibility with the brsar?

not a chance, because I really suck at C#.  I'm just learning the basics, really, and I don't understand most of kyral's and Bero's work

If i cared enough i'd bother and learn it
    however what plans do you have in mind to add to brawlbox?

I'm planning on adding draggable translation as well as interpolation settings for animations if i can.  Linear, gradual, and exponential.  that'd be useful

What about that animation porting idea that I had too? (I think I posted it here :l ) I doubt it'd be difficult if you implimented  a small flash movie program into it.

you can do it then :/

oh, and this:

but I kinda gave up on that one

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 03:13:09 PM »

hey noah.. this is a bit off topic..kind of. But did bero give u the actual source code, or do you use the one thats on the op of the modset thread?

-just asking cuz i dl the one on the op and i always get an error trying to build/debug it....

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 03:16:57 PM »

hey noah.. this is a bit off topic..kind of. But did bero give u the actual source code, or do you use the one thats on the op of the modset thread?

-just asking cuz i dl the one on the op and i always get an error trying to build/debug it....
    Yeah I use the one on the modset thread but I haven't been using the latest souce, I'm using the 3.2 source b/c I'm lazy.  If it doesn't work for other ppl though you should tell him.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 03:24:50 PM »

Well Daz Studio Advanced has an option for clothes called morph follower. Basically it reads all the data for the outfits and accessories, then alters it's shape to fit the shape of the characters body. I'm not saying you'd need a flash program like actual movie, just flash tools.

1: you open brawlbox and export an animation from one character, say capt falcon.
    2: You open another character(NOT captain falcon) preview the model and open three animation files, the character's wait animation you want to port the animation too, the animation you want to port, and a completely new animation.
    3: Through a dialogue you select from a button called "port" Then select the animations in order. 1: the characters wait animation 2: the animation you want to port 3: the new animation.
    4: once those three animations are selected, you hit "okay" on the port dialogue and the flash tool goes to work. The flash tool's process is described below.

4A: first BB reads the bones positions, rotations etc of the character you're porting the animation to.
    4B: Then BB reads the rotations of the bones for the animation you're porting, one frame at a time. (this could take longer depending on the length and complexity of said animation)
    4C: Finally BB uses the flash tool to re-create the animation you're porting frame for frame using the chosen character's (Sonic instead of falcon) bones as if you were doing the animation yourself. Since it's a new animation there would be no glitches (translation and rotation wise) because the flash tool is simply creating a new animation that mimicks the animation you want to port using the Selected character's (Someone who's not captain falcon) bones. The difference being that the animation both begins and ends with the new characters wait animations. (Which is why we also load the character's wait animation that we want to port the animation to)

Does that sound difficult? :l

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: January 11, 2011, 03:39:37 PM »

yes :| considering I can't even get tab functionality working

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2011, 06:47:07 PM »

So you're starting from scratch >_>
    If I ever learn C++ (which I doubt will happen) I might try to help, but I'd need to see how to edit BB's data too first :l

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »

So you're starting from scratch >_>
    If I ever learn C++ (which I doubt will happen) I might try to help, but I'd need to see how to edit BB's data too first :l

if you learn C++
    could you maybe answer any Q's I may have :/

I don't use visual so C# is out unless I can find a good free compiler...

I ask for C++ since I use DevC++
    works quite well to say the least Cheesy

the brmdl (mdl0) viewer was made in DevC++ Smiley
    I've been trying to figure out the code...
    but it's quite a hastle -.-

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: January 13, 2011, 06:14:34 PM »

Hey noah what'd you do with BB? It wont show the attributes/info on the table to the right anymore....if you cant remember than thats ...>.>...fine lol

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: January 14, 2011, 02:59:43 PM »

Hey noah what'd you do with BB? It wont show the attributes/info on the table to the right anymore....if you cant remember than thats ...>.>...fine lol
    I probably [censored]ed something up in mainform.cs, but bero is fixing 4.1 dl that instead.  Did you get my tabs working? lol

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2011, 02:01:50 PM »

Can anyone PLEASE explain why I get a "Just in time" debugging error when I open up peach's motionetc file with Brawlbox modset 4.1? It only happens on two occasions.

1: when I open peaches motionetc (doesn't matter what source it is)
    2: when I try to save a motionetc file I edited, even just porting an animation.

I really want to get started on animating, because porting attacks over to peach where the leg goes any higher than 90 degrees is lame and doesn't work :l

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
    Print
    Jump to: