:: Smash Bros. Melee :: [1/11] New poll

Started by KTH, November 21, 2010, 03:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

For the v2 of characters (look the list) :

port them on "model import"
92 (86.8%)
continue to vertex them
14 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on April 17, 2011, 03:55:21 PM
odd, I suppose it's with the codeset.

by the way, are you guys going for more exact melee recreation, similar but balanced characters, or brawlified versions of the characters for project m?
I could make a Brawl Mario for Project:M if you want.
It would just have the FLUDD and the Mario Tornado Dair
Super Smash Bros Melee Hacking Team:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=16583.0

I don't care about none of that, I'm just after a perfect doc, such that I am currently modifying the psa you just made to have the exact damages the doc deals in melee.

If I do recreate everything about him, I don't know if you guys would look more for that exactness or a version of the doc more balanced or evolved into brawl like mario was (in which case I'll apply the same changes mario received going into brawl but applied to his moveset)

V. 1.00

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on April 17, 2011, 04:08:24 PM
I don't care about none of that, I'm just after a perfect doc, such that I am currently modifying the psa you just made to have the exact damages the doc deals in melee.

If I do recreate everything about him, I don't know if you guys would look more for that exactness or a version of the doc more balanced or evolved into brawl like mario was (in which case I'll apply the same changes mario received going into brawl but applied to his moveset)
Hmm are you editing the Attributes to?
such as running speed, gravity, etc.
And if you upload it just put my name as a colab ;3
Super Smash Bros Melee Hacking Team:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=16583.0

Absolutely, although I'm beginning to notice the differences between the doc and Mario aren't as some people believe, due to animation tricks and such. I'm doing plenty of research towards his attributes compared to Mario and how it can be equivalent in brawl. In the end every attribute will be as the doc had.

And Ill give all the credit to everyone who's helped with it

V. 1.00

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on April 17, 2011, 06:13:14 PM
Absolutely, although I'm beginning to notice the differences between the doc and Mario aren't as some people believe, due to animation tricks and such. I'm doing plenty of research towards his attributes compared to Mario and how it can be equivalent in brawl. In the end every attribute will be as the doc had.

And Ill give all the credit to everyone who's helped with it
GREAT!!!
Hmm, should I remove my doc upload? It you be useless after you upload your =/
also
I'm going to do Roy, not now.
Would you like to do the same to him? Putting the right damage, attributes and such...
If you want, I wont upload he PSA, but will send to you thru PM's.
Super Smash Bros Melee Hacking Team:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=16583.0

You keep your psa up and keep working on other characters like Roy. I'll be working exclusively on doc and he'll take some time to do. I don't know how to make psas but working off the stuff people have already done, I should be able to modify him in every subtle way.

V. 1.00

Quote from: Alm5252 on April 17, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Hey, does anyone on the team know how to replace sound effects?

I dont know how to hex, and i think our Melee Mario (and Doc) would be better with the Mario64/Melee Voice. :)

Heres the link to the Sound effects, but it would be nice if someone can make a complete hack (with the smashbros_sound.brsar)
http://www.mediafire.com/?k511xg79opsgdk4
I requested a Melee mario BRSAR today.
If you want, i can send to you...
BTW, the melee doc psa isnt on the vault for some reason, its still on "Pending" state. D:
Super Smash Bros Melee Hacking Team:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=16583.0

Quote from: Alm5252 on April 18, 2011, 02:31:35 AM
Idk how to edit the voice packs or anything, if thats what you mean. :/
Well, what i mean is...
I requested the whole sound file(.BRSAR) with melee mario voices, I'm only waiting for the guy to send to me.
No need to insert hex packages.
Super Smash Bros Melee Hacking Team:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=16583.0

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on April 17, 2011, 02:55:00 AM
I didn't know you guys were making a good melee psa for the doc. Good Job FirenLF2!

(although the perfectionist I am, I will eventually make a near complete copy of him in every aspect, building off your stuffs of course)


1 small thing i noticed in the psa is that he stops after initially dashing, and then fast walks, instead of running. other than that, he looks great

It's because of the moonwalking codes in the codeset.

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on April 17, 2011, 06:13:14 PM
Absolutely, although I'm beginning to notice the differences between the doc and Mario aren't as some people believe, due to animation tricks and such. I'm doing plenty of research towards his attributes compared to Mario and how it can be equivalent in brawl. In the end every attribute will be as the doc had.

And Ill give all the credit to everyone who's helped with it

In order to get his exact melee attributes, you'll have to get them from his melee file.

Quote from: standardtoaster on April 20, 2011, 02:22:27 AM
It's because of the moonwalking codes in the codeset.

In order to get his exact melee attributes, you'll have to get them from his melee file.
I'm not really sure if it's because of the moonwalking code.
I remember having a succesful experiment, when trying to add moonwalking to Brawl+'s Captain Falcon. Brawl+ doesn't have this, hmm, let's say "Moonwalk support", but it worked perfectly.
I didn't try it on vBrawl, but I'm pretty sure it would work.
Super Smash Bros Melee Hacking Team:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=16583.0

melee file, you mean looking into his specific files in melee? anywho, I'm recording tons of stuff with him and anaylzing it, right down to hitbox size and time length. its gunna take a while for everything, so I don't know if you guys want it released as I progress, like after I finish getting damages perfect and after other stuff.

V. 1.00

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on April 20, 2011, 02:07:32 PM
melee file, you mean looking into his specific files in melee? anywho, I'm recording tons of stuff with him and anaylzing it, right down to hitbox size and time length. its gunna take a while for everything, so I don't know if you guys want it released as I progress, like after I finish getting damages perfect and after other stuff.
You can actually get the exact attributes for doc from the Project M Demo Mario. Doctor Mario is 2 heavier than Mario, though.

April 20, 2011, 05:01:51 PM #792 Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:06:34 PM by MeleeMaster500
but that's melee mario, and an interpretation of it no less. unless melee can provide readable data in its files i'm sticking to mostly recording examination. and unless project m's changes prove to be close to the doc, i'll just work from scratch to make him just right

V. 1.00

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on April 20, 2011, 05:01:51 PM
but that's melee mario, and an interpretation of it no less. unless melee can provide readable data in its files i'm sticking to mostly recording examination. and unless project m's changes prove to be close to the doc, i'll just work from scratch to make him just right
The attributes of Project M's mario are taken from doctor mario's melee dat file. We opted to use Mario's melee weight, also taken from his dat file.

sounds good, I'll see how well it fits. who's responsible for project m mario anyways?

V. 1.00