Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Your making .pmd to .MDL0?!
*takes out paper*
Could I have your autograph? :3


December 21, 2010, 04:36:10 AM #122 Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 04:42:42 AM by BlackJax96


lololololololololol

I gotz me the PMD editor source, so I should be able to get the offsets for everything from that... Luckily C# can't be written in Japanese :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 21, 2010, 04:36:10 AM


lololololololololol

I gotz me the PMD editor source, so I should be able to get the offsets for everything from that... Luckily C# can't be written in Japanese :srs:

Thats a good thing isn't it?


Good then.

Short answers FTW!! Now to sing a song. Old macdonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O!!
And on that farm he had a Roo, E-I-E-I-O!!
With a Roo Roo here and a Roo Roo there,
Here a Roo, there a Roo, everywhere a Roo Roo, Old Macdonald had a farm,
EEEEEEEE-IIIIIIIIIIIII-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GET HYPE!

I really wish I could help out, but my programming knowledge is limited, and I have not much experience with dealing with binary files either.

oooooh this sounds VERY promising.

maybe we could turn other models into DAE?

or is DAE the main focus?

oooh and melee models will flipping bad ace!

an official mewtwo model, actual pichu model, so many more =P

what if we converted the original N64 models to dae, then to .MDL0..

i would do it for "N64 Brawl."

either way, this looks very promising.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Well my main focus right now is DAE to MDL0. But hopefully I'll be able to add support for more formats later.

Quote from: Ultraxwing on December 21, 2010, 03:51:03 PM
oooooh this sounds VERY promising.

maybe we could turn other models into DAE?

or is DAE the main focus?

oooh and melee models will flipping bad ace!

an official mewtwo model, actual pichu model, so many more =P

what if we converted the original N64 models to dae, then to .MDL0..

i would do it for "N64 Brawl."

either way, this looks very promising.

I'm working on getting MDL0 to a perfect DAE right now...
currently there's no converter that can do that yet...

and it'll help me learn the unknown stuff to help me build an MDL0 from scratch

I still need help with DAT right now...

I am avenging you Pichu <_<
for you will be in brawl so I can main you once more >:3

I'm adding PMD as well

but my main focus is getting Melee and Brawl working

btw blend format is te best format to convert to.
it opens directly with blender and supports everything

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Alright so someone give me a summery of whats going on here. From what i've gathered thru my reading so far, DAE is a sort of common graphics format. Tcll, BlackJax and probably others are working on getting a converter for ___ to DAE and DAE to ___.

Without going in depth on the details (yet), can someone give me an overview of the format and how it relates to the Melee .DAT format?

Quote from: Sveet on December 21, 2010, 11:28:24 PM
Alright so someone give me a summery of whats going on here. From what i've gathered thru my reading so far, DAE is a sort of common graphics format. Tcll, BlackJax and probably others are working on getting a converter for ___ to DAE and DAE to ___.

Without going in depth on the details (yet), can someone give me an overview of the format and how it relates to the Melee .DAT format?

well, the dae format doesn't really relate the the dat format at all...
the conversion to it will allow you to import things such as bones...
although it's not the best of all formats,
it's still better than the lowly commonly used obj format...

but yea... blend is one of the best formats to convert to which is my next objective...
(since I'm not just converting to dae)

I'm making an interchange format converter basically...
like MDL0 to PMD :P

and there are 2 basic model options, but they prbly won't be used :/
OBJ and RAW

they only return a basic textured boneless model :|
^(why they are only set as export options)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 22, 2010, 12:17:18 AM #132 Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:18:11 AM by Sveet
So this thread contains information on modeling and modeling formats?

How much information is known about the melee DAT format in regards to the modeling? I read on another site about some formats in the dat (40/C0 i think was one). How much of the DAT file relates to the graphics of the game (stage, characters, textures, ect) and how much relates to the physics (character stats, stage movement, ect)?

edit- how much is actually known about the DAT file at all? my primary goal right now is to extract all information from a DAT file.

December 22, 2010, 12:52:19 AM #133 Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:59:20 AM by Tcll
@sveet:
this thread is the goldmine of all dat info:
and my past years of work.

http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=50312

it's dead now...

and the 40/C0 thing dealt with stages
the thread takes care of more of the modelling stuff...

I've got the modelling side...
stages are more of Milun's bag...

do you think I should bring him over here as well?? :/
too bad Revel8n had to die... T.T
he was a big help in everything

but yea...
I basically extended the work of Jahra!n's converter with the help of Revel

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

My only question is: When this is done will models have working bones?