Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: DimitriPilot3 on June 19, 2013, 06:11:21 PM
Hopefully that's enough information.

I already fixed it.
The fix will be in v0.68d.

Any advice on how to bug Chadderz to fix CTools? He didn't release the source code, despite "releasing" CTools under the GPL, which requires source to be publicly available. Or should I just hate him for being a hypocrite?

Quote from: jimbo1qaz on June 19, 2013, 08:10:11 PMAny advice on how to bug Chadderz to fix CTools? He didn't release the source code, despite "releasing" CTools under the GPL, which requires source to be publicly available. Or should I just hate him for being a hypocrite?
It should be easy enough to bug someone, but considering their work is entirely hobby-based, you shouldn't expect much from them unless they specifically promised you something. If I understand correctly, annoying somebody will not motivate them. It's just [censored]ing annoying.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Please can you fix the problem in Brawlbox v0.68c in Windows 7 32-bit I cant TOUCH the bones or VERTEX the model I updated to the latest .NET

Quote from: TheBlueBlur on June 19, 2013, 08:29:24 PM
Please can you fix the problem in Brawlbox v0.68c in Windows 7 32-bit I cant TOUCH the bones or VERTEX the model I updated to the latest .NET

Works on my 32-bit laptop running Windows 7. You're doing something wrong.

Quote from: jimbo1qaz on June 19, 2013, 08:10:11 PM
Any advice on how to bug Chadderz to fix CTools? He didn't release the source code, despite "releasing" CTools under the GPL, which requires source to be publicly available. Or should I just hate him for being a hypocrite?

Just don't, CTools can't really do anything other than extract and import stuff anyway. And it's super old.
But feel free to hate him

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 19, 2013, 04:56:55 AM
wat

Let me explain. When importing DAEs there is one thing that seems to be defined at random. It is that thing that has to do with lightning or something. It is noticeable during the falcon punch. As seen here.




On the first one every object turns orange-ish. On the second one only a few objects do.

Quote from: Iwvi on June 19, 2013, 09:32:57 PM
Let me explain. When importing DAEs there is one thing that seems to be defined at random. It is that thing that has to do with lightning or something. It is noticeable during the falcon punch. As seen here.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


On the first one every object turns orange-ish. On the second one only a few objects do.

That's definitely a problem with your material or shader settings.

Is that using the default shader?
Because the default shader does use streamed values for flashing when you charge moves and stuff.
You could remove the last 3 stages to make it not use the streamed values.

Basically, have the shader have one stage that multiplies the RasterColor by the TextureColor and that's it.

When I used Brawlbox v0.67b everything was fine then the update came and after some days the bones and vertex doesn't work. I even redownloaded it but it gives the same problem

^
I had the same problem for a while. I have no idea how, but when I updated my Java after it kept bothering me to do so, it actually started working for me.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 19, 2013, 09:43:08 PM
That's definitely a problem with your material or shader settings.

Is that using the default shader?
Because the default shader does use streamed values for flashing when you charge moves and stuff.
You could remove the last 3 stages to make it not use the streamed values.

Basically, have the shader have one stage that multiplies the RasterColor by the TextureColor and that's it.
Yes, what was weird is that it was using the default shader. Thanks for the info.

BJ, I'm sure this has been requested a million times by now, positive even. But what I want to know is the status of it, to see if you're even planning to work on it.

Are you planning to make it so that we can export CHR0's to 3ds or another model editing program any time soon? Or has it been deemed kind of unnecessary?
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on June 22, 2013, 05:59:38 AM
BJ, I'm sure this has been requested a million times by now, positive even. But what I want to know is the status of it, to see if you're even planning to work on it.

Are you planning to make it so that we can export CHR0's to 3ds or another model editing program any time soon? Or has it been deemed kind of unnecessary?
^this
i know there has been made a animetion converter already but
will be best if the animetions chr0 and be exported to a file format there is separated from the model file
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 08, 2013, 08:51:21 PM
:O

Played around with it for a bit, and it works great in Maya.

Even with my model imports!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It crashes 3ds Max though. :/

Thanks a bunch. I'll have this added to Brawlbox in no time.

It's not that I don't want to add such a feature, it's just that I'd have to research the spec for a format, work with interp, etc. I have more important stuff to work on right now.

Although I guess this feature is pretty important too, since it's been requested so many times.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 22, 2013, 06:53:26 AM
It's not that I don't want to add such a feature, it's just that I'd have to research the spec for a format, work with interp, etc. I have more important stuff to work on right now.
Although I guess this feature is pretty important too, since it's been requested so many times.
Why not output it into a Text file (.txt)? Then you can add an import button to the export animations script for 3ds.
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE