Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hey BJ

If you're gonna write your game in C++

You should use this program called "Visual Studio"

I took two semesters of computer science and we used it lots


Garharharharhar, happy 1k, yo

Quote from: Gamma on July 19, 2013, 02:54:03 AM
Hey BJ

If you're gonna write your game in C++

You should use this program called "Visual Studio"

I took two semesters of computer science and we used it lots


That is quite possibly the most fantastic idea I have ever heard

Thank you


Quote from: Mr.MW on July 19, 2013, 04:14:39 AM
maybe u should star a tourney for original characters to be made in 3ds max...

I don't think so... I want all of the characters to be in a similar style (anime, but with a certain style/theme that fits the game) and of similar quality, and I want their looks to fit their movesets. It just wouldn't work with a tourney.

However, if anybody has any ideas, I'll listen to them. I haven't started planning out characters just yet. Maybe I could start... an idea tourney? Like, submissions would be character designs and moveset descriptions. Are those allowed? Would anyone submit?

I would offer up for texturing, but I'm far too slow, and with classes coming up, I wouldn't be able to keep at it, so...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

i would like to help as well. I am looking at and using various things to improve my skills, I can do texturing and is starting on modeling. I will also be taking some computer classes soon. I love video games and plan on pursuing a career in this field of work.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Quote from: Velen on July 19, 2013, 04:34:08 AM
I would offer up for texturing, but I'm far too slow, and with classes coming up, I wouldn't be able to keep at it, so...

That's alright. Just let me know if you change your mind.

Quote from: iwantgames on July 19, 2013, 04:51:54 AM
i would like to help as well. I am looking at and using various things to improve my skills, I can do texturing and is starting on modeling. I will also be taking some computer classes soon. I love video games and plan on pursuing a career in this field of work.

Alright, as long as you can stay commited to development, you're in! :af:
This will be a good learning experience for everyone involved.

Welp I'm on my third year of college for visual and game programming, it's probably a good idea to get into something at the very least. If you're willing to have me I'd love to work with the genius who made brawlbox into something great. On top of that I love the idea of a new 3D fighting game, I've seen so many that could've easily been so much better. I'd be more into it for the learning experience but it most certainly help me if I was part of something that actually got put out on the market so I'm definitely here for you if you want me!
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on July 19, 2013, 05:44:21 AM
Welp I'm on my third year of college for visual and game programming, it's probably a good idea to get into something at the very least. If you're willing to have me I'd love to work with the genius who made brawlbox into something great. On top of that I love the idea of a new 3D fighting game, I've seen so many that could've easily been so much better. I'd be more into it for the learning experience but it most certainly help me if I was part of something that actually got put out on the market so I'm definitely here for you if you want me!

Yes! All help is appreciated.



...I think I should start a new thread with further details.

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on July 19, 2013, 01:07:20 AM
This game you're making sounds interesting.

Oh and I claim the 1000th page mine. :ninja'd:

No fair. I wanted to be the first one to say happy 1000th page.

@Young Lad
I'd love to help, but I have no training in *real* programming. PSA is the closest thing I have.
The best I can do is offer to spread the word about your game once it's released, assuming that there's a way to follow it's development.

Also, I think it's a good idea to leave out the published anime characters unless you can get permission from all the publishers, because it'd suck for your first game to get you into trouble for copyright infringement.  :'(
Now available in blue.

Quote from: Azure_Shadow on July 19, 2013, 06:43:17 AM
No fair. I wanted to be the first one to say happy 1000th page.

@Young Lad
I'd love to help, but I have no training in *real* programming. PSA is the closest thing I have.
The best I can do is offer to spread the word about your game once it's released, assuming that there's a way to follow it's development.

Also, I think it's a good idea to leave out the published anime characters unless you can get permission from all the publishers, because it'd suck for your first game to get you into trouble for copyright infringement.  :'(

Thats K, spreading the word is good too.
And yeah. As much as I'd love to make a game with characters I know, I don't want to deal with copyrights. Making our own characters with their own stories should be pretty fun anyway, so it's a win-win situation. The characters in this game might even be so well-liked that they could get their own anime someday, just like HDN or Senran Kagura (which originated as games but got anime adaptations) \(^o^)/


Btw, thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61360.msg1160046#msg1160046

happy 1000 pages bj and thanks for all your programes brawl hacking would have not been so amazing  if you werent here.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'd love to help since I plan on pursuing a career in games, this should be a good start.

1000 pages, 15000 posts, see how awesome you are?
Even if someone else starts developing this, it won't be the same :/
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

July 19, 2013, 12:22:41 PM #14999 Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:29:39 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: Carnage on July 19, 2013, 09:26:53 AM
happy 1000 pages bj and thanks for all your programes brawl hacking would have not been so amazing  if you werent here.
this post gets the official reward for being the 15000'th post :3

I would like to help out where I can,
but I currently don't have a sufficient means of doing so... :(
so that "where I can" part is kindof already bamfed out by other members... heh

sorry BJ...
I'm not good enough yet for this one...
I still need to grow up a little bit more... :P

Post Merge: July 19, 2013, 12:29:39 PM

Quote from: Young Lad on July 19, 2013, 08:09:50 AM
Thats K, spreading the word is good too.
And yeah. As much as I'd love to make a game with characters I know, I don't want to deal with copyrights. Making our own characters with their own stories should be pretty fun anyway, so it's a win-win situation. The characters in this game might even be so well-liked that they could get their own anime someday, just like HDN or Senran Kagura (which originated as games but got anime adaptations) \(^o^)/


Btw, thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61360.msg1160046#msg1160046
I feel it better to do things this way as well :)

I mean shoot, if Riku doesn't say enough about the game I'm building (currently designing) my own game system for... :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.