Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 18, 2013, 08:54:47 PM
If we can't do Free DLC without permission, at least we still have a sellable game.
This just in, Young Lad's team is going to make dozens of "originals" that will perform the roles of copyright characters if he doesn't get permission for them. Basically giving a middle finger to a copyright system that thinks games like this cause them to lose money, when in fact it's free advertising for their own series. Not really, but meh.

Quote from: DarkPika on July 18, 2013, 09:10:06 PM
if it isn't free it sux >=3
Are you free? No? Then my hopefully you will see my point that comes out of this.

Quote from: AdfroMan on July 18, 2013, 09:11:19 PM
Sounds like it'd be a really good game if you could pull it off. I'm not doubting your skills but I know how hard games are to make, I've been doing a uni course on making games for 2 years now and a lot of work goes into it.
Doubt? You cannot doubt a person with the title of Young Lad. That is insanity, which is my job to cause... What was my point again?
[move][/move]

Quote from: DarkPika on July 18, 2013, 09:10:06 PM
if it isn't free it sux >=3

If it's free, I get nowhere in life other than having spent the last 5 years making a really awesome game that people would've been willing to pay for. ;-;

Quote from: AdfroMan on July 18, 2013, 09:11:19 PM
Sounds like it'd be a really good game if you could pull it off. I'm not doubting your skills but I know how hard games are to make, I've been doing a uni course on making games for 2 years now and a lot of work goes into it.

Thanks, I'm determined to do it. I'm going to be spending my whole life making games, and I want to start asap. So no challenge is one that will stop me, for this...

...IS MY DESTINY

Quote from: Tawa Hoda on July 18, 2013, 09:29:03 PM
This just in, Young Lad's team is going to make dozens of "originals" that will perform the roles of copyright characters if he doesn't get permission for them. Basically giving a middle finger to a copyright system that thinks games like this cause them to lose money, when in fact it's free advertising for their own series. Not really, but meh.

Actually I'm scrapping the idea of using characters from animes and instead am going to create my own characters.

Characters from animes as DLC was just an additional idea to keep the past idea around.

... i'd like to help with the rigging... its at least something i can do good at besides texturing or modeling.. and if there's gonna be any texture animations, count me in with that too :p
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I'll take a shot at Animating and Rigging.

That is if I can manage to get used to Maya. =P

If I do, I'll PM you, so you can see my skills for yourself and determine if I'm good or not.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

July 18, 2013, 10:12:49 PM #14974 Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:14:33 PM by Tawa Hoda
Quote from: Young Lad on July 18, 2013, 09:45:11 PM
Actually I'm scrapping the idea of using characters from animes and instead am going to create my own characters.

Characters from animes as DLC was just an additional idea to keep the past idea around.
Game is still going to be modder friendly though right? There's no reason to remove that, it keeps the game alive long after the release, or kills it because how ridiculous the modding community could get. Reminds me of another one I know...
Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on July 18, 2013, 10:08:28 PM
I'll take a shot at Animating and Rigging.

That is if I can manage to get used to Maya. =P

If I do, I'll PM you, so you can see my skills for yourself and determine if I'm good or not.
I love how even you are trying to get on the bandwagon, and DS too.
It's like everyone wants to get their name in the credits, and a cut of BJ's profits.
KJP, pls.
[move][/move]

July 18, 2013, 10:24:14 PM #14975 Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:25:49 PM by PuffJigglyKing
If you plan on fully using Original Characters, Wynaut try seeing if you can get the game onto Steam when it's done?

Quote from: Tawa Hoda on July 18, 2013, 10:12:49 PMI love how even you are trying to get on the bandwagon, and DS too.
It's like everyone wants to get their name in the credits, and a cut of BJ's profits.
I love how you're making such a baseless assumption. :1

I don't care much about profits. :v

I feel it's a way I can bring out my potential. v:

Quote from: Tawa Hoda on July 18, 2013, 10:12:49 PMKJP, pls.
Tawa pls.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on July 18, 2013, 10:24:14 PM
I don't care much about profits. :v

I feel it's a way I can bring out my potential. v:
this ^
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

July 18, 2013, 10:28:51 PM #14977 Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:32:19 PM by Tawa Hoda
Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on July 18, 2013, 10:24:14 PM
I love how you're making such a baseless assumption. :1

I don't care much about profits. :v

I feel it's a way I can bring out my potential. v:
Quote from: DSX8-sama on July 18, 2013, 10:25:48 PM
this ^
Did you really think I really meant, that KJP and DS? I thought we knew each other better. ;-;
Well actually I was sorta serious about DS, but not KJP.
[move][/move]

Focus on the gameplay first and foremost; whoever you're playing as has to play well or the game won't go anywhere. btw, is the conductor of this topic okay with derailing their own train? XD
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Heh. House rules have always been "we can derail when BJ derails."

And so we have.


Well, looks like you had to leave at some point. :/
At least you'll still be around here a bit.
At least you don't leave until a year :)
I'll see if there's anything I could help with in your game.

Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

This game you're making sounds interesting.

Oh and I claim the 1000th page mine. :ninja'd:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509


Quote from: DSX8-sama on July 18, 2013, 10:02:42 PM
... i'd like to help with the rigging... its at least something i can do good at besides texturing or modeling.. and if there's gonna be any texture animations, count me in with that too :p
Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on July 18, 2013, 10:08:28 PM
I'll take a shot at Animating and Rigging.

That is if I can manage to get used to Maya. =P

If I do, I'll PM you, so you can see my skills for yourself and determine if I'm good or not.

Sure. I'll take all the help I can get right now, really. I'd rather have a nice misfit workforce (no offense, I mean it in a good way) than be just by myself making it.

But you guys gotta be really devoted to this. If you're gonna help, you're gonna help until there's nothing left for you to do. And I'm not worried about any profits or whatever right now. Have fun making the game now, worry about buying licenses and splitting income later.

Quote from: Tawa Hoda on July 18, 2013, 10:12:49 PM
Game is still going to be modder friendly though right?

I'm not sure right now. Not that I don't like modding, but everything would have to be pretty generalized (such as FBX models and FBX animations) and I'm not sure if I want that, for my own convenience. And how are modders going to make their own movesets? Unless I code my own moveset format and an editor to go with it, maybe.

Quote from: Tawa Hoda on July 18, 2013, 10:12:49 PM
It's like everyone wants to get their name in the credits, and a cut of BJ's profits.

Doesn't bother me as long as the game is made to a certain professional level.

Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on July 18, 2013, 10:24:14 PM
If you plan on fully using Original Characters, Wynaut try seeing if you can get the game onto Steam when it's done?

Well we do need a platform to sell it on.
That's a good idea.

Quote from: Friedslick6 on July 18, 2013, 11:45:35 PM
Focus on the gameplay first and foremost; whoever you're playing as has to play well or the game won't go anywhere. btw, is the conductor of this topic okay with derailing their own train? XD

Of course. I've already started laying out the controls and how gameplay will work.

And
Quote from: Spex130 on July 19, 2013, 12:02:52 AM
we can derail when BJ derails.

Quote from: KnightMario on July 19, 2013, 01:05:43 AM
Well, looks like you had to leave at some point. :/
At least you'll still be around here a bit.
At least you don't leave until a year :)
I'll see if there's anything I could help with in your game.

That would be nice :)

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on July 19, 2013, 01:07:20 AM
This game you're making sounds interesting.

Oh and I claim the 1000th page mine. :ninja'd:

thanks and Y U DO DIS CHAOS_KNIGHT

Quote from: DSX8-sama on July 19, 2013, 02:00:01 AM
happy 1k pages!!

So many pages. x_x
All history of the last 3 years.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 19, 2013, 02:39:05 AM
Y U DO DIS CHAOS_KNIGHT

Because I can.  :af2: And that...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509