Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BrawlNubTheDestroyer on November 04, 2013, 10:42:29 PM
I wub you.
Quote from: heavyd88 on November 05, 2013, 08:55:20 AM
I've been lurking on this thread for quite a while now, and just seeing all your progress on these two projects of yours is astounding. I love BBox and can't wait for Ikarus. I've slowly taught myself through trial and error how to use Brawl hacking programs like these and just love how easy they are to use. Keep up the great work BJ! You're F'ing AWESOME!!!


thanks

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 07, 2013, 07:18:04 PM
Just checking in to tell you I managed to get the .anim importer working thanks to a friend.

TopN, EyeYellowM(Where applicable), XRotN, TransN, YRotN, and whatever else root bones are present need to have their translation and rotation keyframed on the first frame regardless of whether or not you're using them in Maya before exporting.

You need to import it when you open the motion file directly, as it will glitch out if you try to import .anim animations in the model viewer.

Don't forget it only works with .anim files from Maya 2014.

Do you know why it doesn't work with anim files from other versions of Maya?

Quote from: Legend of Jesse on November 09, 2013, 07:01:58 PM
I actually didn't know BJ was a musician... That... is awesome! ;D

Yeah... I haven't released any actual full tracks though, because I haven't decided on a producer name yet and I always think I could do something better in each track once they're "done", so they're never really finished to me. I have two tracks pretty much completed so hopefully I can decide on a producer name soon and release them for free.

Quote from: Diddy Kong on November 16, 2013, 01:09:47 AM
is this supposed to happen when i replace voices (MONO) in brsars already modded with sawndz? i dont want to have to refetch all 90+ wavs and reinstall them one by one again with a fresh brsar for brawlbox since i cant get the IDs anymore and supersawndz [censored]s up the brsar for me.  this happens when saving at all when even a small change is made to a brsar, does not happen with brsars other than brawl's
[spoiler]

Broken pic


Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 16, 2013, 01:17:59 AM


thanks

Do you know why it doesn't work with anim files from other version of Maya?

Yeah... I haven't released any actual full tracks though, because I haven't decided on a producer name yet and I always think I could do something better in each track once they're "done", so they're never really finished to me. I have two tracks pretty much completed so hopefully I can decide on a producer name soon and release them for free.

Broken pic
there


Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 16, 2013, 01:59:01 AM
Can you send me the brsar you're trying to modify?

I like to think I'm awesome :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzAkvxKj8lwUeDA3bzFVVTlUN0E/edit?usp=sharing its in the sound folder in this, my internet takes like 5 hours to upload brsars and i have it uploaded in this rar with my hacket already you should be able to DL th epack and get my brsar sooner than me uploading only the brsar >.>

Quote from: Diddy Kong on November 16, 2013, 02:04:39 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzAkvxKj8lwUeDA3bzFVVTlUN0E/edit?usp=sharing its in the sound folder in this, my internet takes like 5 hours to upload brsars and i have it uploaded in this rar with my hacket already you should be able to DL th epack and get my brsar sooner than me uploading only the brsar >.>

no thanks

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 16, 2013, 01:17:59 AM

Do you know why it doesn't work with anim files from other versions of Maya?

I think it has to do with the subtle differences with the format between 2013 and before .anims and 2014 .anims....



On the left is a 2013 .anim file and on the right is a 2014 .anim file.

Very similar, but notepad doesn't seem to show linebreaks in the file on the left.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 16, 2013, 04:22:20 AM
no thanks
ok, ill have the brsar uploaded by tomorrow then

Post Merge: November 16, 2013, 06:30:18 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzAkvxKj8lwUaG56VTRERWFCTnc/edit?usp=sharing heres the brsar only now, I feel like i have to scrap the mods i have now and test with a fresh one, and if that doesnt work, i might have to say goodbye to making my own sfx mods  since smashbox for sawndz is being retarted with me and supersawndz corrupts my brsar I hope theres a solution to the crash on brsar edit for brawl

Could you please include a text file with all the keyboard commands in the next build?

Quote from: Diddy Kong on November 16, 2013, 05:37:22 AM
ok, ill have the brsar uploaded by tomorrow then

Post Merge: November 16, 2013, 06:30:18 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzAkvxKj8lwUaG56VTRERWFCTnc/edit?usp=sharing heres the brsar only now, I feel like i have to scrap the mods i have now and test with a fresh one, and if that doesnt work, i might have to say goodbye to making my own sfx mods  since smashbox for sawndz is being retarted with me and supersawndz corrupts my brsar I hope theres a solution to the crash on brsar edit for brawl

thanks

wow it did corrupt your rsar
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Flowteau on November 18, 2013, 04:49:32 AM
Could you please include a text file with all the keyboard commands in the next build?
Open the model viewer in a recent version, then click View->Help.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 18, 2013, 05:04:10 AM
thanks

wow it did corrupt your rsar
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Open the model viewer in a recent version, then click View->Help.

WAU D: i wonder how my game still works with it then, the custom voices still play
any fix or gehtto workaround for this? or am i shot here and have to start over?

also this brsar was only modded with sawndz


BJax, when you import an object from another model, along with it's texture, and it does show up fine in brawlbox but not at all ingame, what could be the cause?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Diddy Kong on November 18, 2013, 06:19:13 AM
WAU D: i wonder how my game still works with it then, the custom voices still play
any fix or gehtto workaround for this? or am i shot here and have to start over?

also this brsar was only modded with sawndz

I don't think there's a workaround at the moment. I'll see if there's any way to fix the rsar.

Quote from: Flowteau on November 18, 2013, 08:08:37 AM
Alright. Thanks, Blackjax.
No problem

Quote from: br3compactor on November 19, 2013, 01:57:56 AM
BJax, when you import an object from another model, along with it's texture, and it does show up fine in brawlbox but not at all ingame, what could be the cause?

The last model exploded in-game but looked fine in Brawlbox because the imported objects were weighted and rebuilt with texture matrices due to the metal materials, but didn't have their assets set in float. They also didn't have a linked color node when the shader and material called for one.

I linked the one color node to all the objects (go to the object's properties, click on the empty slot for ColorNode0, choose a color node in the dropdown) and converted all the imported assets (vertices, uvs, normals) to float by setting ForceRebuild and ForceFloat to true on the node.

An alternate solution from the one above would be to go into the imported materials' properties, go to LightChannel1, set the ColorSource to Register and set the MaterialColor to a color like 128,128,128,255 or whatever you have set in the color node. Then go to the last texture reference in each metal material and make sure HasTextureMatrix is set to false. Then you can either go back to each one and turn them back to true (this forces the assets to be rewritten in float automatically) or delete the metal materials, if you don't want the metal box to work.