Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Friedslick6 on October 19, 2011, 07:06:21 AM
Oh yeah, that! I was taught that Nintendo has been doing that ever since the days of N64.
Oh well, it works.
Right, I think even Mario's model from Super Mario 64 had the same texturing method.

*edits post*

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on October 19, 2011, 01:00:16 PMInb4reprotingyouforbeinga[censored] :srs:

Bad language... XD May we go back on topic, please? Well, I'm very pleased to hear that everything is getting closer to completion, and I finally learned something out of it. :) Maybe I'll ask RTB about this.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Just have a question its more of a curiosity lets say we import a model over ganon that was no cape what will happen to ganon cape bones?will they be there without texture and be invisible? or will they act like disabled bones wich can be moved anywhere like trown bone??
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I have a feature request/question/hope:

in the "preview all models" previewer, think you could get a way to have it animate all models? I know guess working the positions of my models is a pain but this ease of access option would help timing a ton. (edit) or atleast choose which ones to animate
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: jokekid on October 18, 2011, 09:45:37 AM
could u make a mini update? i'd like to know if u can make the model previewer so that if u select a vertice, u can see its number ^^

it would be pretty usefull for some stuff, like fixing loose vertices

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on October 19, 2011, 05:48:58 PM
I have a feature request/question/hope:

in the "preview all models" previewer, think you could get a way to have it animate all models? I know guess working the positions of my models is a pain but this ease of access option would help timing a ton. (edit) or atleast choose which ones to animate

^This.

I don't know if it would be possible, but if you could find even the smallest amount of time to put to allowing multiple models to play multiple animations, that would be wonderful and all kinds of awesome.


crash report: I accedently deleted a [censored] ton of frames and clicked undo and crashed... lost even MORE work from that =_= here's the report:
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '1201' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.SetFrame(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.ApplySave(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelOptionPanel.Undo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
    Assembly Version: 0.64.4263.24698
    Win32 Version: 0.64.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/BrawlBox/BrawlBox.exe
----------------------------------------
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.11.4263.24691
    Win32 Version: 0.11.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/BrawlBox/BrawlLib.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Hmm question, does the fixing of how the eye textures map also fix how some assist trophies textures map?
What I mean is that some of them for instance Issac has his face texture on his chest armor and he looks messed up. Another one that looked messed up was saki's texture mapping as half of his face texture maps to his hair texture...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 18, 2011, 10:32:25 PM
I also noticed that only single-bind objects on Flandre's model didn't show up in-game. Every object that was rigged, did. :srs:
Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 19, 2011, 04:26:25 AM
It seems like the extra alignment is at the end of the object, before the def flags and just after the object bone table, or before the display list in the material. It seems like the material affects the alignment in the objects that use it, but I really just don't know. :srs: The thing is, it ALWAYS aligns 0x10, and then sometimes there's an extra 0x10 bytes thrown onto the alignment for the heck of it. Or not.
Wait, there is something I might know O_o
something recall me when you said that

I hope that's the problem!

also, I said something to your msn while you are offline, it's pretty wierd for my bb O_o
everything isn't written ;_;
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on October 19, 2011, 09:08:56 PM
Wait, there is something I might know O_o
something recall me when you said that

I hope that's the problem!

also, I said something to your msn while you are offline, it's pretty wierd for my bb O_o
everything isn't written ;_;

It wasn't only single-binds, I noticed later.

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on October 19, 2011, 08:32:21 PM
Hmm question, does the fixing of how the eye textures map also fix how some assist trophies textures map?
What I mean is that some of them for instance Issac has his face texture on his chest armor and he looks messed up. Another one that looked messed up was saki's texture mapping as half of his face texture maps to his hair texture...

Probably, but only clamp and repeat are supported in OpenGL, not mirror.

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on October 19, 2011, 08:19:49 PM
crash report: I accedently deleted a [censored] ton of frames and clicked undo and crashed... lost even MORE work from that =_= here's the report:
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '1201' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.SetFrame(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.ApplySave(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelOptionPanel.Undo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
    Assembly Version: 0.64.4263.24698
    Win32 Version: 0.64.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/BrawlBox/BrawlBox.exe
----------------------------------------
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.11.4263.24691
    Win32 Version: 0.11.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/BrawlBox/BrawlLib.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>


Can't undo deleting frames yet

Quote from: jokekid on October 19, 2011, 07:00:34 PM
*quote*

Wouldn't be worth coding, too long to explain.

Quote from: Carnage on October 19, 2011, 05:17:02 PM
Just have a question its more of a curiosity lets say we import a model over ganon that was no cape what will happen to ganon cape bones?will they be there without texture and be invisible? or will they act like disabled bones wich can be moved anywhere like trown bone??

The bones won't even be there

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on October 19, 2011, 05:48:58 PM
I have a feature request/question/hope:

in the &quot;preview all models&quot; previewer, think you could get a way to have it animate all models? I know guess working the positions of my models is a pain but this ease of access option would help timing a ton. (edit) or atleast choose which ones to animate

Mutliple models playing multiple animations or multiple models playing one animation?
And you already can choose which ones to animate...

That reminds me, a lot of people don't even know that you can switch models with CTRL + H so I coded the switcher into the option panel and into the menu bar thingy.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 19, 2011, 11:27:04 PM
Can't undo deleting frames yet
i know (now)but i lost 2 hours of work cause of it. might be a good thing to know about.

QuoteMutliple models playing multiple animations or multiple models playing one animation?
And you already can choose which ones to animate...

That reminds me, a lot of people don't even know that you can switch models with CTRL + H so I coded the switcher into the option panel and into the menu bar thingy.
............both? XD My Sa1 stage I got 3 models that I need to sync together and it's kinda hard to know where they are in the animation. Be nice to have all models animate when Play is pushed (or selected animations)
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Carnage on October 19, 2011, 05:17:02 PM
Just have a question its more of a curiosity lets say we import a model over ganon that was no cape what will happen to ganon cape bones?will they be there without texture and be invisible? or will they act like disabled bones wich can be moved anywhere like trown bone??
If you put them there then they'll still be part of the skeleton, but not rigged to anything. Of course, it just depends on how you do it, so it can really be however you like.

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on October 19, 2011, 11:34:25 PM
i know (now)but i lost 2 hours of work cause of it. might be a good thing to know about.
............both? XD My Sa1 stage I got 3 models that I need to sync together and it's kinda hard to know where they are in the animation. Be nice to have all models animate when Play is pushed (or selected animations)

wellllllllll K but for now you can just switch to a frame for an animation and then switch the model and the previous model will still be in that position. Then you can just align the models at the same frame.

Btw, desperate times call for desperate measures.
I coded some functions to determine if an object is aligned an extra 0x10 bytes at the top or bottom, and if its material has an extra 0x10 bytes of alignment. :srs:

Multiple Models playing one animation would be absolutely lovely for Stages. Multiple Models playing different animations would be a godsend for Animating Characters like Samus, ZSS and Dedede, because their stuff is all animated in different files.

Multiple models playing one Animation would also probably push people to do PSAs that incorporate more than one model into one movest. (I know I would, heh.)


Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 19, 2011, 11:52:55 PM
wellllllllll K but for now you can just switch to a frame for an animation and then switch the model and the previous model will still be in that position. Then you can just align the models at the same frame.
Ok. sounds like a plan for the moment. I'll try not to make som'in too difficult till that BB comes out where I can sync XD

Oh Maybe have the selected animations go frame by frame also when you advance/reverse animations (since that's som'in I do ALOT to make sure it looks smooth)
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!