Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on May 08, 2011, 05:05:41 PM
NEW SIGY <3
Oh
And uh hows progress comming along @_@
are we anywhere close to a release date yet :P

:srs:  no
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

*sigh*
oh well, come november I SHOULD have Skyward Sword to keep me busy :P


Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 08, 2011, 04:54:45 PM
666 post count AHHHH! *dies*

Oh....dayum....

well now its gone....

THANX....stupid KC-MM post counter :(
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 08, 2011, 05:23:45 PM
Perfect answer on so many different levels

that goes for me as well :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

augh... here's what I get:

8 Plugins
1: <module 'Cmn' from 'C:\model_convert\plugins\Cmn.pyc'>
2: <module 'collada_141' from 'C:\model_convert\plugins\collada_141.pyc'>
3: <module 'melee_dat' from 'C:\model_convert\plugins\melee_dat.pyc'>
4: <module 'NtdoCmn' from 'C:\model_convert\plugins\NtdoCmn.pyc'>
5: <module 'NtdoMDL0' from 'C:\model_convert\plugins\NtdoMDL0.pyc'>
6: <module 'obj' from 'C:\model_convert\plugins\obj.pyc'>
7: <module 'ToV_dat' from 'C:\model_convert\plugins\ToV_dat.pyc'>
8: <module 'UMC' from 'C:\model_convert\plugins\UMC.pyc'>

supported files: *.dae *.dat *.mdl0 *.dat *.tmp
import types: [('COLLADA 1.4.1', '*.dae'), ('Melee', '*.dat'), ('Wii', '*.mdl0'), ('Tales of Vesperia', '*.dat'), ('UMC', '*.tmp')]
export types: [('Wavefront', '*.obj')]
SC types: [['dae', 'C141', 'im_C141', 'ex_C141'], ['dat', 'Melee', 'im_SSBM', 'ex_SSBM'], ['mdl0', 'wii_mdl0', 'im_mdl0', 'ex_mdl0'], ['obj', 'Wavefront', 'im_obj', 'ex_obj'], ['dat', 'Tales of Vesperia', 'im_ToV', 'ex_ToV'], ['tmp', 'UMC', 'im_UMC', 'ex_UMC']]

import file: PlPcNr.dat

        imBW = Toplevel(takefocus=True)
        imBW.title("Conversion Method Selection")
        imBW.maxsize(width=230, height=98)
        imBW.minsize(width=230, height=98)
        imBW.lift()
        root.wait_window( imBW )
        def imbtn_press( key ):
            imkey = key
            imBW.destroy()
        imTXT = Button(imBW, width=36, height=1, relief=FLAT, state=DISABLED, disabledforeground="black",
          text=("conversion methods for (*.dat):")).grid(row=0, column=0)
        im_SSBM = Button(imBW, width=36, height=2, text="Melee", command=imbtn_press("Melee"))
        im_SSBM.grid(row=(1), column=0)
        im_ToV = Button(imBW, width=36, height=2, text="Tales of Vesperia", command=imbtn_press("Tales of Vesperia"))
        im_ToV.grid(row=(2), column=0)


Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\model_convert\UMC_v2.0b.py", line 111, in <module>
    eval(ImBtnWin)
  File "<string>", line 1
    imBW = Toplevel(takefocus=True)
             ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax


this is the full import block:
#____________________________________________import block_____________________________________________
    #after opening your file, creates a window to select the type of conversion method to use
    #(if there are 2 or more plugins dedicated to that specific file type)
   
from tkFileDialog import askopenfilename, asksaveasfilename #modules
imfl = askopenfilename(filetypes=[('Supported', " ".join(support))]+im_types)#, multiple=1) #prompt
if debug: print; print 'import file: ' + str(imfl).split("/")[-1] #debug info

imkey = '' #key

#import SC button window (final check before conversion)
#to select the correct conversion plugin
imbtns = []
for C_mthd in C_mthds:
    #compair the file types and select the buttons to add
    if C_mthd[0] == str(imfl).split(".")[-1]: imbtns.append([C_mthd[1],C_mthd[2]])
   
if len(imbtns) > 0: #has open dialog been cancelled?
    if len(imbtns) > 1: #is there only a single associated plugin?

        ImBtnWin = str(
'        imBW = Toplevel(takefocus=True)\n' +\
'        imBW.title("Conversion Method Selection")\n' +\
'        imBW.maxsize(width=230, height=' + str((len(imbtns)*36)+26) + ')\n' +\
'        imBW.minsize(width=230, height=' + str((len(imbtns)*36)+26) + ')\n' +\
'        imBW.lift()\n' +\

'        root.wait_window( imBW )\n'

'        def imbtn_press( key ):\n' +\
'            imkey = key\n' +\
'            imBW.destroy()\n' +\

'        imTXT = Button(imBW, width=36, height=1, relief=FLAT, state=DISABLED, disabledforeground="black",\n' +\
'          text=("conversion methods for (*.' + str(imfl).split(".")[-1] + '):")).grid(row=0, column=0)\n'
)
       
        for R, imbtn in enumerate(imbtns): #add the multiple buttons to the window
           
            ImBtnWin += str(
'        ' + imbtn[1] + ' = Button(imBW, width=36, height=2, text="' + imbtn[0] + '", command=imbtn_press("' + imbtn[0] + '"))\n' +\
'        ' + imbtn[1] + '.grid(row=(' + str(R+1) + '), column=0)\n'
)
        print;print ImBtnWin
        eval(ImBtnWin)
       
    else: #get the key for the single plugin (works perfectly)
        for imbtn in imbtns: imkey = imbtn[0] #set imSC to the conversion key
else: #file dialog has been cancelled
    quit() #destroy the window and exit the app

if debug: print "imSC = '" + imkey + "'"; print


IDK what's wrong... still...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

hey BJ
I wanted to ask you on my chat before you left: :/

how do you apply the transforms??
don't tell me by the code,
tell me what to do with the values once I have them...

the matrix values are stored in a var... IK
just DK the order to store them >.>

and then how are they used with the facepoint values to get a transform value??

EDIT:
I want to try to add the transforms to my format...

anyone have any ideas??

I'm thinking just to use the value to transform the vectors by...
basically:
transform_val + vertex_val
or transform_val * vertex_val

not sure which to do yet

anyways... the tmp format should have this:

<transform vertices "name" "transform_values"

I'll change my facepoint formatting aound
those should be only verts, normals, and UV's
maybe colors >.>
(that means no matrix values)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'll explain when I come back

Please do.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Great Job BJ :D
I know who's gonna be happy when he see this :af:

is that a pmd import to brbx??
or just PMD -> DAE to brbx??

EDIT:
btw, do you know enough about actually building a working MDL0 yet??
^think you can help me with the relocation groups??

I wanna try to get a basic model working...
and I think I know how to now >_>

but there's a few minor things that need to be settled before I can -.-

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

WOAHOHOAHOAHO Monkey paluza in the southern half of North Carolina. :happy:

The first pic obviously proves Flan is a robot, and the second show's her favoritism towards Beige.

Quote from: Roo on May 12, 2011, 01:43:34 AM
WOAHOHOAHOAHO Monkey paluza in the southern half of North Carolina. :happy:

The first pic obviously proves Flan is a robot, and the second show's her favoritism towards Beige.

lol, I knew you'd like :D

and flan is a robot... rly... lol
that's an idea though :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 12, 2011, 01:04:38 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'll explain when I come back

nice progress!!!

only error i see so far is that the bones arnt lined up in place all the way.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on May 12, 2011, 01:59:05 AM
nice progress!!!

only error i see so far is that the bones arnt lined up in place all the way.
Oh really? I didn't notice. Thanks for pointing that out! :|

Do we know why it's like that?

so here's my current progress so far: (click for larger view)


sry it's not too much...
can't really get any help with figuring out anything

yeh...
I tried to see if the normals would work on a trophie from a fresh import
since player models have a bit of normal distortion because of the transforms...
(it imports like that even w/o the normals applied)

IDK what exactly is causing this... but I'll figure it out in time <_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.