Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 04, 2013, 12:57:57 AM #13770 Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:00:59 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 03, 2013, 04:28:32 AM
Delete the track info in Audacity.
This bug is fixed in v0.68.

We've gone over this before. :srs:

lmao

I didn't know that it had been discussed before, and I didn't even use Audacity, it crashes when I navigate the song in Brawl Box. Funny seeing as it worked before, but whatever, a new version is coming out.

Kinda hard to find out where it was discussed now that there are 900+ pages and 13,100+ posts...yeah. Again, it crashed in Brawl Box, what does deleting the track info have to with Audacity when I didn't even use it?  If I didn't use Audacity, how do I fix it in the mean time (until 0.68)?

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 04, 2013, 12:57:57 AM
I didn't know that it had been discussed before, and I didn't even use Audacity, it crashes when I navigate the song in Brawl Box. Funny seeing as it worked before, but whatever, a new version is coming out.

Kinda hard to find out where it was discussed now that there are 900+ pages and 13,100+ posts...yeah. Again, it crashed in Brawl Box, what does it have to with Audacity when I didn't even use it.

baka

just wait for v0.68

Quote from: joke king on April 03, 2013, 08:48:29 AM
A very small request for a simple feature, u showed a preview where you could see the bone's name in the previewer, could make it so it also displays the bone's index?

no

April 04, 2013, 01:03:41 AM #13772 Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:06:52 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 04, 2013, 01:02:01 AM
baka

just wait for v0.68

no

"Baka" huh? Thanks for the compliment.  r)

I'll wait.

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 04, 2013, 01:03:41 AM
"Baka" huh? Thanks for the compliment.  r)
No problem.

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 04, 2013, 01:03:41 AM
I'll wait.

Good

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Can we remove vertices with the new Brawlbox?

hey BJ...
I was just wondering if you know if MDL0's are capable of doing this:

I've just found out using blender that apparently a single object can have UV's that link between multiple textures...

and it makes sense too when played out in GL:

glBegin(GL_QUADS)
    glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0 )
    glTextCoord2f(0.0,0.0); glVertex3f()
    glTextCoord2f(1.0,0.0); glVertex3f()
    glTextCoord2f(1.0,1.0); glVertex3f()
    glTextCoord2f(0.0,1.0); glVertex3f()

    glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 1 )
    *same as above, but with different verts*

glEnd()


so...
while the same object is capable of multiple textures...
is it possible to do this with MDL0 files??

it's possible to do this with OBJ files:

o object0
usemtl Texture0.png
f 1/1 2/2 3/3 4/4
usemtl Texture1.png
f 4/1 3/2 5/3 6/4

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Keroro on April 04, 2013, 04:07:06 AM
Can we remove vertices with the new Brawlbox?

no

Quote from: DarkPika on April 04, 2013, 10:12:36 PM
hey BJ...
I was just wondering if you know if MDL0's are capable of doing this:

I've just found out using blender that apparently a single object can have UV's that link between multiple textures...

and it makes sense too when played out in GL:

glBegin(GL_QUADS)
   glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0 )
   glTextCoord2f(0.0,0.0); glVertex3f()
   glTextCoord2f(1.0,0.0); glVertex3f()
   glTextCoord2f(1.0,1.0); glVertex3f()
   glTextCoord2f(0.0,1.0); glVertex3f()

   glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 1 )
   *same as above, but with different verts*

glEnd()


so...
while the same object is capable of multiple textures...
is it possible to do this with MDL0 files??

it's possible to do this with OBJ files:

o object0
usemtl Texture0.png
f 1/1 2/2 3/3 4/4
usemtl Texture1.png
f 4/1 3/2 5/3 6/4

Calling glBindTexture in between glBegin() and glEnd() is illegal, it throws an error.
you have to bind, begin, draw, end, bind, begin, draw, end, etc.

MDL0s don't directly support different UV sets per vertex but you can have up to 8 separate UV sets linked to an object at once so you could still pull of the effect with shaders.

April 04, 2013, 11:09:10 PM #13777 Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:05:30 AM by DarkPika
...
it works for me O.o
but whatever... :P

anyways... not UV sets BJ...
that's what I was trying to explain... :/

look at the OBJ example
it only has 4 UV's

the texture calls are different for those UV's

I did it with Pika's volt-tackle trophy...
I got his eyes to use the eye texture instead of the main texture used by the rest of the object...

I think it's possible by setting up the UV matrix commands in the display list...
but I don't know too much about texturing to say so...

my next best guess would be using the TEVs...

I'm not calling them shaders because BP does not equal GLSL
(BP equals GL texturing)

to my knowledge I havn't found anything yet relating to SL in the SDK...
(everything about GX seems to directly relate to GL only)
^ with a few minor modifications of course >_>


EDIT:
sorry if I left you no room for comment...
I was distracted by other outside interferences :P

re-thinking what I've said...
it'd have to be something that changes the texture in the MDL0's display list for that object...

if that's possible (which I think it is), we could set up a model with alot less data sophistication, resulting in faster gameplay for larger models. :)

unless you have any input that would state otherwize... :/
(such as maybe a VBO memory overflow issue which would need to be handled via seperate objects)
^ that's just a guess :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

April 05, 2013, 02:08:23 AM #13778 Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:09:40 AM by Ulala
This Saturday?! That's FANTASTIC!!!
I'm gunna r*pe the sh*t out of the RSAR editor and import over 100 voices!

BlackJax96!!!
How would you sum up the whole progress/experience of making BB 0.68 -- in one word?
This thread has to reach 1000 before saturday.
:srs: And lastly, Thank you for everythang you've done.
You and I can be poor, but neither of us can be cheap.

Quote from: Ulala on April 05, 2013, 02:08:23 AM
This Saturday?! That's FANTASTIC!!!
I'm gunna r*pe the sh*t out of the RSAR editor and import over 100 voices!

BlackJax96!!!
How would you sum up the whole progress/experience of making BB 0.68 -- in one word?
This thread has to reach 1000 before saturday.
:srs: And lastly, Thank you for everythang you've done.

hope you import a nice voice for the wreck-it ralph hack too lol

I can't wait until tomorrow.  I'm gonna be making a ton of RSAR hacks with both Brawl and MKW.  This will allow me to complete Roy even further.

April 05, 2013, 02:07:49 PM #13781 Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:17:57 PM by jdaster64
Out of curiosity, is Brawl's RSAR format (or the BrawlBox handler, at any rate) compatible with Wii Sports' or Wii Sports Resort's? I'd like to replace some of the crowd sound effects with the ones from the golf game.

Can I get some proper credit for the official Brawlbox Icon design? I've had that icon sitting in the resources page since BrawlVault's inception.
-Jack H.

Quote from: jdaster64 on April 05, 2013, 02:07:49 PM
Out of curiosity, is Brawl's RSAR format (or the BrawlBox handler, at any rate) compatible with Wii Sports' or Wii Sports Resort's? I'd like to replace some of the crowd sound effects with the ones from the golf game.

All RSAR versions are supported, so yes.

Quote from: Jack H. on April 05, 2013, 04:33:08 PM
Can I get some proper credit for the official Brawlbox Icon design? I've had that icon sitting in the resources page since BrawlVault's inception.

I will discuss this with my colleagues