Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Friedslick6 on April 10, 2013, 02:18:53 AM
I predict that after SSB4 is released and a method to decompress the game's files is obtained, most of BlackJax96's reverse engineering work will hold water. Considering Nintendo's bad habit of only slightly altering their file formats, we might even be able to just insert the new assets into SSBB and forget about SSB4 altogether.


April 10, 2013, 02:37:28 AM #13921 Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:38:19 AM by Eternal Yoshi
One problem, NAMCO BANDAI is developing SSB4, and not Sora/Hal Labs. So here's another question: What if smash 4 uses a different format that's compressed AND encrypted and difficult to extract from?

Bear in mind that games that have such formats can take AGES to get info from them. I mean it took over 9 years to get some sort of sorta usable 3d model data from Metal Gear Solid 3 for example.

Well I guess then people will just continue modding SSBB. :V

btw EternalYoshi, you might know this already, but there's some MGS2/3 models for XNALara being released now in this skydrive.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.


Quote from: Rufure on April 10, 2013, 12:20:15 AM


Blender... Yeah, not my best experience there.

Agreed. That user interface is a nightmare.

Quote from: Rufure on April 10, 2013, 12:20:15 AM

Not sure how the whole 'student version' works.

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=register

It's either free for four years or free forever, I'm actually not sure. You could always sign up for another anyway. :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

I don´t really think that bb needs modeling options.
yeah its cool to get as an extra but 3ds max is perfect for modeling so bb modeling makes no sense IMO.
Brawlbox is the most useful program for me exept 3ds max.

I don´t think SSB4 will use brres files and stuff like this.
It would be cool when but not sure if wii u games use that files.
perhaps wii u games are using brsar files lol

ssb4 isn't by hal labs?
What?
well namco better make it good >.>
Quote from: Rufure on April 10, 2013, 12:20:15 AM
Blender... Yeah, not my best experience there.
Quote from: Justin712 on April 10, 2013, 03:17:53 AM
Agreed. That user interface is a nightmare.
I've only been able to use blender, what's the max interface like?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

well, ssbb will be the most hacked game in the SSB series UNTIL we have reach this far as in next smash! only when I guess it will be equal or more to the new smash :srs:
Stupid Tinypic :C

would you, BJ, ever be interested in checking at the boss "PSA" files?
it'd be awesome to have another hacking type.

Quote from: KnightMario on April 10, 2013, 12:37:23 PM
I've only been able to use blender, what's the max interface like?

You ought to try it. The different selects like "polygon" and "vertex" are all in one nice neat little window, and it doesn't force you to memorize the shortcut keys right away like Blender does. And guess what? Left click ACTUALLY left clicks! Right out of the box. Who'd have thought.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.



Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 10, 2013, 06:43:36 PM
LOL inb4argument

>Evading arguments
>Being on the internet

Choose one.



Quote from: Justin712 on April 10, 2013, 03:17:53 AM
http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=register

It's either free for four years or free forever, I'm actually not sure. You could always sign up for another anyway. :laugh:

Neato, I'll take a look right away.
Also, which version is the most optimal? If I recall, only 2010-2013 is available on the AD site.


SSB4 will use LZ77 like any other nintendo game I've ripped apart ;)

as for brres... not sure... prbly not...
(SSBM is full of DAT files so...)

anyways...
BJ...
ment to hit up on something during that argument we had :)
you mentioned that 069 (lol) would have full support for REL modules :happy:

that means we're only 50% away from decompiling them back into C/C++ ^_^


speaking of that though, I was wrong about decompilation into exact code when compiled...
.net framework api's are the only one's that can do that... :P
(they're ment to have their src's shared between different .net languages)
^ and I think that includes commenting

as for anything else,
you can only get a working code w/o commentry :/
(this includes REL because of how they're perfectly cleaned when compiled)


my input on blender...
I will admit blender24's GUI is an un-organized nightmare with half as much support as 3DS
while blender26's GUI is at least a little more organized and well structured...
but it still lacks alot of support and modelling with it is even more of a nightmare D:
(use 24 for modelling 26 for everything else)
^ however 26 has much better importers.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.