Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: DarkPika on April 10, 2013, 07:27:16 PM

blender26's GUI is at least a little more organized and well structured...

Is it? I've never compared the two. If I had to stop using 3ds Max and Maya I'd still probably sooner go for an alternative like the Softimage Mod Tool though. In the end I suppose it doesn't matter since you can achieve the same results on all of 'em, but for me Blender seems to make the process much more difficult.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 10, 2013, 06:43:36 PM
LOL inb4argument

That was actually very civil  :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

April 10, 2013, 07:59:48 PM #13936 Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:01:29 PM by Shimi3.141592
Tcll, no offence, but decompiling anything besides Java is ridiculously difficult, and will never yield even the same program structure as the original (this is due to the way C type languages are compiled, as machine language). You may not even get working code.

Trust me, I've tried a few decompilers. They are inexact, and cannot avoid being so.

Not sure how exactly rel files work, but that is generally how anything is compiled.

EDIT: Don't take this the wrong way, BTW. I'm just stating the difficulties.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: Justin712 on April 10, 2013, 07:55:42 PM
Is it? I've never compared the two. If I had to stop using 3ds Max and Maya I'd still probably sooner go for an alternative like the Softimage Mod Tool. In the end I suppose it doesn't matter since you can achieve the same results on all of 'em, but for me Blender makes the process much more difficult.

XSI crashes with almost everything I do in it :/

unless that's what the mod is for <_<
(or if the mod is for removing the 30day trial, then I have that)


I should mention though that the importer reports an error with textures from brbx DAE exports (tested with 067b)

Post Merge: April 10, 2013, 08:09:15 PM

Quote from: Shimi3.141592 on April 10, 2013, 07:59:48 PM
Tcll, no offence, but decompiling anything besides Java is ridiculously difficult, and will never yield even the same program structure as the original (this is due to the way C type languages are compiled, as machine language). You may not even get working code.

Trust me, I've tried a few decompilers. They are inexact, and cannot avoid being so.

Not sure how exactly rel files work, but that is generally how anything is compiled.

EDIT: Don't take this the wrong way, BTW. I'm just stating the difficulties.
Dis#
works for me...
though it cuts out parts and replaces them with "//trial" :srs:

I actually got Dantarion's module editor src working with this :P
(it had missing files)


btw, I don't take offence to anything other than my disability ;)

such as:
"talking with him, He seems a little..."



EDIT: Dis# is a .net decompiler :facepalm:

I can't find a working decompiler for non-.net sources (any language)


EDIT2: python itself has a decompiler...
though I think that's .pyc only...
.pyd == .dll

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on April 10, 2013, 08:04:19 PM

XSI crashes with almost everything I do in it :/

unless that's what the mod is for <_<
(or if the mod is for removing the 30day trial, then I have that)

Have you tried it recently? It's actually not called XSI any more now that Autodesk picked it up. They renamed it to the name of the company they bought it from, which is weird, but whatever. You're right, it did have a real problem with crashing before, but it works great now in my opinion.

EDIT: Yowch. Spam huh? Alright, sorry if I made us get a bit off-topic.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

*sees what is to believe is spam* :srs:

So BJ......any bugs that were able to be fixed in .68?
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Justin712 on April 10, 2013, 08:17:55 PM
Have you tried it recently? It's actually not called XSI any more now that Autodesk picked it up. They renamed it to the name of the company they bought it from, which is weird, but whatever. You're right, it did have a real problem with crashing before, but it works great now in my opinion.
oh '3'
I'll give that a try then... when I can DL :P


anyways...
lookin foreward to the next release BJ ;D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Stay on-topic guys.

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on April 10, 2013, 08:25:14 PM
So BJ......any bugs that were able to be fixed in .68?

Generic-question George

I can't wait to get my hands on v.68.
Until then, I shall keep lurking and smirking here.
Skype - alphamariox

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ALPHAMARIOX

Steam - ALPHAMARIOX

Quote from: joke king on April 10, 2013, 02:27:56 PM
would you, BJ, ever be interested in checking at the boss "PSA" files?
it'd be awesome to have another hacking type.

quoting since it has been buried...

Quote from: joke king on April 12, 2013, 11:41:47 AM
quoting since it has been buried...
I STRONGLY agree with this quote on his quote :srs:

btw BlackJax, you should post the the DONATE picture more often just cuz of how awesome it looks...

AMAZING SPOILER BELOW  :happy:
[spoiler]
You and I can be poor, but neither of us can be cheap.

Quote from: joke king on April 12, 2013, 11:41:47 AM
quoting since it has been buried...

Title :af:

Quote from: Ulala on April 12, 2013, 12:17:21 PM
I STRONGLY agree with this quote on his quote :srs:

btw BlackJax, you should post the the DONATE picture more often just cuz of how awesome it looks...

AMAZING SPOILER BELOW&nbsp; :happy:
[spoiler]

I just wish people would actually donate when they saw it lol


Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 12, 2013, 02:03:57 PM
I just wish people would actually donate when they saw it lol
Even more evidence of me being too lazy to make a  paypal
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

With the new Brawl Box, will copying animations from frame to frame (such as bone rotation modifications) be more streamlined?  Like for custom attack animations?  Or rather, will copying each bone rotation throughout a specific animation be less tedious?

what is tedious about clicking on copy, and then on paste? O_O