Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I'm pretty sure I fixed that problem with the UVs in dae exports.
Also fixed importing that blank sketchup dae.

The blender dae was weird and threw an error on render, then rendered incorrectly. Bad primitive indices?



Oh and did I mention that I made it so you can drag and drop nodes in the file tree?

May 26, 2013, 10:59:27 AM #14536 Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:11:07 AM by DarkPika
wellI've managed to get a somewhat working (about 30% working) import into blender24 via the 140 importer.
(no more 141 like with AIS)

though all I get for the mesh is just verts with about 1 or 2 triangles...
the verts aren't even weighted :srs:


anyways... to get it working, I followed some examples from a 140 DAE I DL'd a long while back...

1 - <matrix> -> <matrix sid="matrix">
2 - added this just under <visual_scene ... >:
<node id="polygon0_Node" name=%2526quot%253Bpolygon0_Node%2526quot%253B type="NODE">
 <instance_controller url="#polygon0_Controller">
   <skeleton>#TopN</skeleton>
   ...
   <skeleton>#ThrowN</skeleton>
 </instance_controller>
</node>

that's all I did so far... :P
there is also a problem where each object's skeleton lists every bone in it's controller...
AIS only listed the bones used by the object.
for Pikachu, objects 1-4 only listed and used the bone "NeckN"

but in the brbx export, every bone was listed...


anyways...
doing those 2 things above has gotten me a centered rig and somewhat of a mesh...

had to remove the invalid material effects... :P

EDIT:
BJ, blender26 imports wierd because of the normals...
my last attempt in 26 after the edits above, gave me a model with a solid shade.
however, selecting the object gave me that wierd shade again...
but it's easily fixed by tabbing into edit mode and then tabbing out.
(I think blender auto-corrects the normals when you do that)

EDIT:
next stop is to figure out DAE animations :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

May 26, 2013, 04:09:22 PM #14537 Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:10:44 PM by BlackJax96
Bueno news!!!

I figured out why non-weighted objects and all normals were rotated forward 90 degrees on model imports and fixed it.
No more need to send to max and back again to fix them.

Thank beanz.


so no more exporting as a dae to 3ds max then back to bb? that is indeed awesome news there sir. :vyse:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on May 26, 2013, 08:56:04 PM
so no more exporting as a dae to 3ds max then back to bb? that is indeed awesome news there sir. :vyse:
I hate it when people counter-quote a quote to themselves -.-*

in any case, nice job :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

How often do you release?
(yes, I shouldn't be making this many posts. :-\)
And it's really annoying how it kicks you back to the forum after every post, instead of going to your new post. Really.

May 27, 2013, 04:47:46 AM #14542 Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 04:49:09 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Mr.MW on May 26, 2013, 07:51:18 PM
in other words
you fixed normals?

yeah

Quote from: DSX8 on May 26, 2013, 08:56:04 PM
so no more exporting as a dae to 3ds max then back to bb? that is indeed awesome news there sir. :vyse:

yeah

Quote from: DarkPika on May 26, 2013, 09:11:08 PM
I hate it when people counter-quote a quote to themselves -.-*

in any case, nice job :)

yeah

Quote from: jimbo1qaz on May 27, 2013, 04:45:22 AM
How often do you release?
(yes, I shouldn't be making this many posts. :-\)
And it's really annoying how it kicks you back to the forum after every post, instead of going to your new post. Really.

ye- I mean
There's a setting for that. Go to your user preferences somewhere in your profile and set it to go to your post after you make it.

Look and Layout Preferences -> Return to topics after posting by default.
that should be it

Anyway I release at random, ranging from a week to even a year.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 26, 2013, 04:09:22 PM
Bueno news!!!

I figured out why non-weighted objects and all normals were rotated forward 90 degrees on model imports and fixed it.
No more need to send to max and back again to fix them.

Thank beanz.
That is indeed some great news.  I was just having normals troubles.  I'll wait until next Brawlbox comes out then.  :D

Quote from: Mr.MW on May 26, 2013, 01:15:26 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=51862.0

thank me later


also what randomizer said about the pcs bug, it was exactly the same one i was getting.


Well I thank you for giving me that page, but that doesn't help my problem on all of the other games that use the same format which I'm more into anyways.

May 27, 2013, 10:27:23 PM #14545 Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:04:52 AM by jimbo1qaz
Bigger DAE file, not sure about the Material1/2 stuff. Exported from Sketchup Make, not sure if there's a difference or not. http://bayfiles.net/file/QoUd/utUrMK/sketchupMake.dae , if it helps at all.
EDIT: BrawlBox 0.68c crashes.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 26, 2013, 04:09:22 PM
Bueno news!!!

I figured out why non-weighted objects and all normals were rotated forward 90 degrees on model imports and fixed it.
No more need to send to max and back again to fix them.

Thank beanz.
<3


BJ, I found a huge bug -

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


:oshi:

May 28, 2013, 01:30:28 AM #14549 Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:31:19 AM by Segtendo
Launch latest version: says it isn't a valid application.
Try installing Framework 4.5: "The .NET Framework 4.5 is not supported on this operating system."
I'm on XP.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]