Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 02, 2013, 06:51:16 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Do note that currently there is no audio and I'm temporarily using the image control to load the THP as an image source, so it doesn't play automatically yet.
Smexyness is here :srs:
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

THP's in BrawlBox? Nice. Will it be able to encode them, or only decode?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on June 02, 2013, 10:31:52 PM
THP's in BrawlBox? Nice. Will it be able to encode them, or only decode?

All or nothing.

June 02, 2013, 10:34:03 PM #14658 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:34:57 PM by DarkPika
lol nice =D

could I request a prev/next frame when paused.
(I have shots of another stage I want to post to the melee community)
^ they're in the opening thp, I don't actually have them XDD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on June 02, 2013, 10:34:03 PM
lol nice =D

could I request a prev/next frame when paused.
(I have shots of another stage I want to post to the melee community)
^ they're in the opening thp, I don't actually have them XDD

Already planned my good man.

June 02, 2013, 10:39:45 PM #14660 Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:36:42 AM by jimbo1qaz
Uh no, my script doesn't really work.
3texture still doesn't work. It only has one instanceGeometry, so that's definitely not the only problem. I'd say it's a texture related crash. So far, my script doesn't do anything but node-ify all instance_geometry-ies.
The reason I want to automate everything is so that I can create a batch file that runs several commands in sequence, automatically generating BRRES files that aren't corrupt without having to spend 10 minutes every time.
But even without a working brawlcmd, it's still a big step forward. Does Material Tool support autoscripting? (I doubt it.)
Adding textures is one of the most tedious steps, but there already exists a command-line tool to add textures into a BRRES file. Configuring it? I don't think so.

e. I spent days learning how to use and texture in Sketchup. I don't want to spend weeks learning to do the same thing in 3ds Max. And having to export, import, export... is just a hassle and runs against automation. "Let the computer do the boring work."

Fake-reply: I'm not mad or anything, just trying to figure out the problem. I'm also working on it myself without looking at the source code. I don't need Sketchup imports, but I'm trying to help with development and also benefit MKWii hacking and myself in a way. Am I being annoying?

June 02, 2013, 11:35:55 PM #14661 Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:28:27 AM by BlackJax96
It sounds like you're getting a bit worked up. I never said I wouldn't fix it, I just meant to say that it'd take some time to fix. Please have some patience; I understand that there is a problem importing Sketchup models. I'm doing all I can to fix it, as I do with every bug report.

You're gonna have to use some workarounds in the meantime, like using your script or doing what 404 said.

Quote from: jimbo1qaz on June 02, 2013, 10:39:45 PMFake-reply: I'm not mad or anything, just trying to figure out the problem. I'm also working on it myself without looking at the source code. I don't need Sketchup imports, but I'm trying to help with development and also benefit MKWii hacking and myself in a way. Am I being annoying?

I'm working on a solution; I know what the problem is. The error debugging just isn't pointing to the real problem.


...

Oye, actually plays now.

Still no audio though.

I know you're gonna hate me for saying this...
but might I suggest implamenting a logger :/

I know that helped me out when I was in a real fix and data being read in files was jumping everywhere for no explained reason...
I fixed it though because I did that :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I just put together a short tutorial on using BrawlLib in Ruby or Python!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59961.0
It's not very detailed, but hopefully it can help people make some quick scripts to do things.

Quote from: DarkPika on June 03, 2013, 02:13:39 AM
I know you're gonna hate me for saying this...
but might I suggest implamenting a logger :/

I know that helped me out when I was in a real fix and data being read in files was jumping everywhere for no explained reason...
I fixed it though because I did that :P

Have you ever debugged a source using Visual C#? It shows the call stack and everything, but the problem is that when it catches an error, it just says something obscure like "Tried to access invalid memory" or something like that and then I have to go and figure out why.

Quote from: libertyernie on June 03, 2013, 02:18:53 AM
I just put together a short tutorial on using BrawlLib in Ruby or Python!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59961.0
It's not very detailed, but hopefully it can help people make some quick scripts to do things.

Good beanz good sir.

Quote from: libertyernie on June 03, 2013, 02:18:53 AM
I just put together a short tutorial on using BrawlLib in Ruby or Python!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59961.0
It's not very detailed, but hopefully it can help people make some quick scripts to do things.
that's actually pretty neat ;D
I could use that to run test compairisons in building my Dolphin library
thanx :)

@BJ: that's what I'm talking about.
it's just like with Python's traceback on the stack trace...
a logger would be able to tell you what led up to that event on what you did to get there.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 02, 2013, 11:35:55 PM
It sounds like you're getting a bit worked up. I never said I wouldn't fix it, I just meant to say that it'd take some time to fix. Please have some patience; I understand that there is a problem importing Sketchup models. I'm doing all I can to fix it, as I do with every bug report.

You're gonna have to use some workarounds in the meantime, like using your script or doing what 404 said.

I'm working on a solution; I know what the problem is. The error debugging just isn't pointing to the real problem.


...

Oye, actually plays now.

Still no audio though.

holy wow lol
so down the line brawlbox will play THPs?

June 03, 2013, 03:25:28 AM #14667 Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:03:25 AM by jimbo1qaz
Interesting!
I'll just have to 3to2-ify my code (IronPython doesn't support 3) and make a script that automates a DAE import, if it's even possible and if I can learn the .NET BS API. But configuring the materials... that'll be tough.
And BJ, you forgot the mandatory <fakereply /> tag. Oh wait, I also forgot.
<edit />
Does this count as post count inflation? I'm perfectly willing to put in some extra time to spam this forum with exponentially growing spam.

Hey there, Melpontro of Sonic Retro and myself are working on importing high-poly models into Sonic Colors, obviously for use in Dolphin, and we've come across a very curious error. As you can see, in these two screenshots the model looks perfectly fine:





But here, the model obviously has some... problems.



(From now on, all images will be put in spoiler tags so as not to create visual clutter.)

Now, you might be saying, "Well Chimera, those models are extremely high poly. Surely you would expect the models to not function right?" To which I reply, "yes, but as evidenced by the following screenshots, polycount doesn't seem to be a problem with enemies..."

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


How many polys are these enemies? Around 6K. Now, there's 17 enemies on screen... That's 102K polys of enemies! And as you can see, the only model showing issues is Sonic; none of the other enemies are showing any signs of issues. You may be thinking "Ok... But Sonic's more detailed than those robots, isn't he?" True, but Olympic Games' Shadow the Hedgehog model isn't.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


To put it in perspective, that model is 5010 polygons. 5K polygons. And it's still breaking! And the 6K poly robots? Working just fine. This is significant, especially since Sonic in Colors is one of the more detailed models still, and his polycount is around 4900. That's almost 5K polys! And Shadow still breaks. It would be weird for a polygon limit to only apply to the main character model and nothing else. What's stranger? All these model tests work in the same areas and break in the same areas too, with or without the higher-poly robots. Even the start of PLANET WISP, with hundreds of polygon cards on screen, doesn't cause the model to freak out. Take a look:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Though, curiously, his model DOES break in his starting animation... And only in his starting animation. And only with his hands.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Note: this model is 15K polygons. Notice how it doesn't break as much as Generations Sonic.



So, here's the question: Has anyone ever experienced this with any other games? And if so, has it been fixed? Is this a problem with brawlbox, perhaps? Or do you think the game just has a hardcoded vertex/polygon limit for the main character?

Thanks,
-Chimera.

I do know that Sonic's model has some extra flags that I haven't seen in any other model before... but that's all I know. So there's something that has to be investigated.