Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 08, 2013, 03:27:38 PM #15585 Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:34:35 PM by FitDarkPika00.pcs
Quote from: heavyd88 on December 08, 2013, 02:47:36 PM
...Proceeds to argue. Ha!
HAY!

datz mai lazt wurdz

dah tahpik endzded wit dat. :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: shadowXtreme on December 08, 2013, 12:45:37 PM
So, Brawlbox improvements are over, great great work BlackJax, for every effort that you putted on BrawlBox  program :D,. but I am kinda sad because tripstripper was never finished, I know, it is so hard to make -_-

Hey thanks man, I'm sorry I couldn't finish the tristripper, but you're right. It's a very daunting task, imo - the official NW4R sdk has an entire library dedicated to triangle optimization. There's no way I could make something like that without a lot of research, especially for free. If somebody were to just pop out of nowhere with a working tristripper implemented into Brawlbox and say "that was easy, what are you talking about", they've got my respect for sure. If Kryal were around, though, he'd probably be able to do it. He did a lot of stuff I still don't understand .-.

Quote from: FitDarkPika00.pcs on December 08, 2013, 01:29:01 PM
well, I'm not gonna argue...
all I'm gonna say is that if you're using stuff like glMaterialfv(), GL_TEXTURE_2D, glVertex3fv(), etc...
then my word stands, and you're not using the modern functionality.

I havn't looked at the src recently, but from the src I have looked at (0.65) you weren't using it.
(so feel free to bamf me if you're using it now) ;)

Of course I'm not using the custom shader pipeline! I JUST SAID
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 08, 2013, 06:58:28 AMThe whole reason I rewrote all the OpenGL stuff to use the OpenTK library was solely for the support of all modern OpenGL functions, including the ones to compile and render vertex, geometry and fragment shaders. OpenTK has the capacity to render the MDL0 exactly as it appears in-game, but I never got around to coding it in.

In other words, that means I set everything up for custom shaders, but I didn't use it in any stable releases because it was unfinished. At the moment everything related to custom shaders is commented out.

[censored] , I came for the Lol. but it's over. /:

Also, tcll as annoying as ever.

I updated the Google Code SVN with the latest sources for Brawlbox and Ikarus, and also added a rar version download to the OP in case you don't know how to download an svn.

And if you don't have winrar and want a zip version, what is wrong with you. Get winrar.

And with that, I am officially disconnected from all Brawl modding. Absolutely nothing more for Brawl from me guys. Now you gotta hope that in approximately 5 months, another prodigy shows up out of nowhere and keeps it going.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 08, 2013, 10:14:26 PM
And if you don't have winrar and want a zip version, what is wrong with you. Get winrar.
7zip master race. :I
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 08, 2013, 10:18:50 PM
7zip master race. :I


Quote from: cx_asuka on December 08, 2013, 10:07:54 PM
[censored] , I came for the Lol. but it's over. /:

Also, tcll as annoying as ever.

And what's funny is it was broken by something that was just as dumb as what started the chain in the first place.

Quote from: FitDarkPika00.pcs on December 08, 2013, 03:27:38 PM
HAY!

datz mai lazt wurdz

dah tahpik endzded wit dat. :3
I'm just pokin fun r)
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 08, 2013, 06:58:28 AM
Tcll, pls, stahp. You don't know what you're talking about.

The whole reason I rewrote all the OpenGL stuff to use the OpenTK library was solely for the support of all modern OpenGL functions, including the ones to compile and render vertex, geometry and fragment shaders.

I don't mind you being curious about how the TEVs work but it does strongly bother me when you say untrue things that confuse people. OpenTK has the capacity to render the MDL0 exactly as it appears in-game, but I never got around to coding it in.

If you're gonna act like you know what you're talking about, do it in your own thread.

Now that coding BB is off my back, maybe I can go update my MDL0 documentation thread with all I know later.

I have no idea what all of this meant, but it sounded professional.

December 09, 2013, 12:53:00 AM #15593 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:54:56 AM by FitDarkPika00.pcs
Quote from: cx_asuka on December 08, 2013, 10:07:54 PM
[censored] , I came for the Lol. but it's over. /:

Also, tcll as annoying as ever.
bite meh

Quote from: heavyd88 on December 08, 2013, 10:50:36 PM
I'm just pokin fun r)
1 user likes this

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 08, 2013, 09:05:52 PM
Of course I'm not using the custom shader pipeline! I JUST SAID
THAINK YOW

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 09, 2013, 01:04:32 AM #15594 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:31:43 AM by BrawlNubTheDestroyer
heh, i'd better learn some more c# then

░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░▌▒█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▌░░░
░░░░░░░░▌▒▒█░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▐░░░
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐░░░
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐░░░
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌░░░
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌░░
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐░░
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀▄▌░
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌░
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▐░
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▐░
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▌░
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒▐░░
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒▌░░
░░░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▄▀░░░
░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀░░░░░░░░



Quote from: DanteNo on December 07, 2013, 08:34:43 PM
Brawlbox is getting better and better, i hope the BRSTM Volume feature is added soon.
Lol.[spoiler]

Had to go through seven pages of well-wishes, memories and lols to find your original post, BJ. Thanks for everything brawl-related. Guys like you and PhantomWings are the only reason we can have any of this.
Also. I'm glad you're taking your game as seriously as you've taken Brawlbox over the years, because now I know you'll not only finish it, but it will be awesome when it's done.
I'll be waiting to see it when it's finished. :)
Now available in blue.

Quote from: Azure_Shadow on December 10, 2013, 07:21:04 AM
Had to go through seven pages of well-wishes, memories and lols to find your original post, BJ. Thanks for everything brawl-related. Guys like you and PhantomWings are the only reason we can have any of this.
Also. I'm glad you're taking your game as seriously as you've taken Brawlbox over the years, because now I know you'll not only finish it, but it will be awesome when it's done.
I'll be waiting to see it when it's finished. :)
waitwut?


oh, silly me... i feel stupid xD