Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yes it did work on win7 and yes we do haz progress.

well...
I'm about to lose net soon...
but I'll continue to work on the template...

I'll try to have the Objects finished for tomorrow...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 16, 2010, 03:43:55 AM #47 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:45:23 AM by BlackJax96
Awesome, this template will help a LOT seriously :srs:
If WHEN the converter is done, you'll definitely get credit!

V what he said, ttyl V
 Not saying "Hi".

Awww man. Oh well. Hope to see you Tomorrow Tech!!

December 16, 2010, 11:59:27 AM #49 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:54:07 PM by Tcll
KKz... it's tomorrow :P
I'm sick so I don't have to go to skool :af2: *cough cough*

anyways...
I think I'm going to look into the .blend format...
(to build a import/export plugin for my WIP converter)
mdl0 <--> blend

I'll be building a template as well ;)

EDIT:
also, I finally understand the for loop
so it's for lists... and I already have a few ideas :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 16, 2010, 06:01:18 PM #50 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:03:49 PM by Tcll
well...
here's some poly hex:
98 00 18  (24 points in tristrip)
4B 22 00 4B
52 29 00 52
21 21 00 21
35 25 00 35
34 34 00 34
2E 2E 00 2E
33 33 00 33
30 30 00 30
41 3E 00 41
31 31 00 31
40 2E 00 40
32 32 00 32
3F 3D 00 3F
3E 3C 00 3E
37 36 00 37
3D 3B 00 3D
3C 3A 00 3C
24 24 00 24
25 25 00 25
0D 0D 00 0D
16 16 00 16
0C 0C 00 0C
17 17 00 17
14 14 00 14
but I'm not exactly sure how it works :/

any ideas??

I know the method used is correct because it's the same method Melee uses in it's dat files

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 16, 2010, 11:59:27 AM

also, I finally understand the for loop
so it's for lists... and I already have a few ideas :D

i know this isnt my thread and that this isnt c# but foreach loops are for arrays and lists,for loops can be used for arrays and lists, but the var that it is testing against can be any number/count

hmm... interesting...
here's another data:
98 00 08
06 24 04 74 04 4B 00 00 C3
06 24 04 75 04 4C 00 00 C2
00 1E 04 73 04 4A 00 00 C1
06 24 04 77 04 4E 00 00 C5
03 21 04 78 04 4F 00 00 C6
03 21 04 8E 04 62 00 00 DF
0C 2A 04 F2 04 C3 00 01 44
12 30 05 87 05 50 00 01 E3
yea... now I'm really stummped

back to Will's converter lol

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Well idk about you but I'm gonna go screw around with some hex in an mdl0 in HxD and see what happens... you know. Trial and error

yea... actually...
I think I'm gonna play around with the materials...
see what I can screw up there... lol :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Do you happen to know how each bone is rigged?

yea...  ;D

whatchya need?? :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Wanna try to mess around with rigging/unrigging and adding bones/rigging them.
Is rigging simple or really complex? Can you explain

December 17, 2010, 12:40:41 AM #58 Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 12:43:40 AM by Tcll
ehh...
I would...
but it's complex...

I won't go into detail,
but it involves adding to the relocation table + changing all the following offsets (in every group) +
changing the mdl0 offsets in the data following the relocation offsets (maybe even more) :/

so yea...
adding bones is not very friendly...

on a side note,
here's something I've found with Tri_Strips:

if vtx_des2 == 2:

98 00 0C
40 3D 00 40
3F 3C 00 3F
38 35 00 38
3E 3B 00 3E
3D 3A 00 3D
25 24 00 25
26 25 00 26
0D 0D 00 0D
16 16 00 16
0C 0C 00 0C
17 17 00 17
14 14 00 14

if vtx_des2 == 3:

98 00 08
06 24 04 74 04 4B 00 00 C3
06 24 04 75 04 4C 00 00 C2
00 1E 04 73 04 4A 00 00 C1
06 24 04 77 04 4E 00 00 C5
03 21 04 78 04 4F 00 00 C6
03 21 04 8E 04 62 00 00 DF
0C 2A 04 F2 04 C3 00 01 44
12 30 05 87 05 50 00 01 E3

both take you to vertex and weight indexes, but I'm not sure exactly how they work just yet...
I'm just guessing at those patterns :/
they may not be correct

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.