Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: br3compactor on March 29, 2011, 10:49:43 PM
That's good. Stage builders now have to use blocks and all with a single bone, and that isn't movement friendly. Moving stages like Delphino work on Brawl because they're a single model, a.k.a a bone in common.

We don't have many of these because of that.
Or, y'know, they could just import a stage model.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on March 30, 2011, 12:50:27 AM
Or, y'know, they could just import a stage model.

we're talking about stage models that don't exist :/

I just previously posted somewhat how to get one working either with
bone or object animation

granted there would be cubes or w/e that do exist in other stages,
but their materials worldn't work correctly, they'd have bone issues, etc...

so yea...
you never know what to really expect when using other models :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on March 30, 2011, 12:50:27 AM
Or, y'know, they could just import a stage model.

He just said that even for simple models such as cubes/spheres there's a lot of work...
Imagine a stage like Mute City.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Don't gang up on me. I meant in future when the converter works, what's the point of importing cubes when you could import entire models instead?

Hey everyone quick update, I figured out how to create the correct headers for each node in the model but they're returning the wrong values, like 824327534 for the brres offset. I now know how to create instances of folders though so I just need to figure out this header issue (which will still probably take a while since I don't fully understand it yet) and that will automatically correct everything in the mdl0 so it can be saved/exported.

If you didn't understand anything I just said, it's ok lol

Quote from: TommoPuppy on March 30, 2011, 11:42:52 PM
Don't gang up on me. I meant in future when the converter works, what's the point of importing cubes when you could import entire models instead?

I know. But you're thinking too far in the future, while I'm on a thinking more in a short run.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Hmm... as a fix, try running it through the auto-header fixer for imports (Probably terrible advise, but the worst thing it can to is not work)? Or can it not be saved at all in any form?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 30, 2011, 11:59:29 PM
Hmm... as a fix, try running it through the auto-header fixer for imports (Probably terrible advise, but the worst thing it can to is not work)? Or can it not be saved at all in any form?

It can't be exported or saved at all.

Hmm. Well, maybe make the converter run through the steps that fix the header for imports, as a built in thing. I assume that you know those steps, but just in case (Credit for this goes to RandomTBush):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Ok, I'll pre-set those values in the struct for the mdl0 header (if they aren't set already)

Let me know how it goes. Especially if it fails in some humorous way XD

FC: 2191-7379-6272


Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 31, 2011, 12:29:41 AM
Let me know how it goes. Especially if it fails in some humorous way XD

Well it won't be enough to fix everything, I'll tell you that >_< It'll just be a few extra values set correctly. I think the problem is because I'm rebuilding the entire model and not each group inside the model seperately. I'll try that

Sounds difficult.
I wish you luck in that!

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on March 31, 2011, 12:09:55 AM
Hmm. Well, maybe make the converter run through the steps that fix the header for imports, as a built in thing. I assume that you know those steps, but just in case (Credit for this goes to RandomTBush):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I found this useful ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.