Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.


Quote from: SSJCerious on April 10, 2011, 08:53:01 PM
Aww......what's the difference again? XD

really bad GUI vs really good GUI

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

:'(
Oh well, Im better off waiting for someone else to come along and finish it

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

heh
redoing my code, compairing it to revel's

revel kinda messed up a few needed things :/
but I'll try to incorporate those in the edit...

I found a few derps I needed to fix as well,
which boosted the look by alot, but not fully...
I'm using a bit of revel's code to finish the job...

he actually helped me shorten my code a little :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


hmm...
I think I'm going to log the transforms in my tmp format,
instead of applying them before logging the verts...
this is to allow them to be applied via the export GUI of the obj format
(will currently be unchecked by default)

btw...
when exporting MDL0 (not in this release)
the option to apply transforms will only be experimental

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

hmm...
well...
crap...

I was supposed to make my release today...
but you can thank game&watch for screwing that up...

so I have a few corrections to make to my code...

although Will's couldn't even work with GW >_>
so I guess it's still better :/

but yea...
I'm gonna try to fix these first

btw, his obj is 1,113 KB... (1.1 MB)
(the largest filesize so far)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

g&w is the biggest troll
Still, if I understood correctly, the release will export .mdl0 to .obj, but won't import?



Quote from: Difegue on April 12, 2011, 09:44:07 PM
g&w is the biggest troll
Still, if I understood correctly, the release will export .mdl0 to .obj, but won't import?
yea... that's right -_-
only for now...

I've got alot of formats to add before the main release...
but at least once you have the program, all you'll have to do is DL the UD'd plugins :)

I'm getting export to DAE after I get the MTL compleated...
I think I'll export to 141 since I have more documentation on that...

speaking of... if anyone would like to help :)
I need more docs on DAE 140...
the one I have sux -_-

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 12, 2011, 09:56:05 PM
yea... that's right -_-
only for now...

I've got alot of formats to add before the main release...
but at least once you have the program, all you'll have to do is DL the UD'd plugins :)

I'm getting export to DAE after I get the MTL compleated...
I think I'll export to 141 since I have more documentation on that...

speaking of... if anyone would like to help :)
I need more docs on DAE 140...
the one I have sux -_-

UD'd Plugins?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on April 12, 2011, 10:20:47 PMUD'd Plugins?
UpDated...

anyways...
so far I've gotten it >D


I'm gonna run a few more tests, and try to fix the normals...
but I should have the Alpha release by late tomorrow...
^only for use with my vertexing method... heh

I'll have to make a new tut on it again... -_-

but yea...
that means GW (or any char) can now be vertexed easily...
^(hopefully... (havn't tested that much))

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Little progress update:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Nel converted to dae with AiS 1.3; imported, fixed and exported from 3ds max; and re-imported using Brawlbox.

The obvious problem is apparently the transforms.

The weights and bones work perfectly though so that's great news :D

So wait, this means we're one step closer? ^+^
sounds good =3

Anybody want to try to manually fix this brres? (I got the above example to export, with the messed up values)

http://www.mediafire.com/?h3ki0cl5d8b91x7