Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 27, 2011, 12:28:39 AM
It's different.
actually...

well...
1: I havn't really gotten to the nodes yet...
-I'm trying to get everything working correctly before I get to the transforms >_>
2: I am having a prob with the UV's as there's 8 channels...
-I need to somehow apply channels 2-8 to the shaders (if existant)
I am having an indexing prob with the normals as well >_>

so yea...
it's not so different, but not really similar either...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 27, 2011, 12:51:48 AM
actually...

well...
1: I havn't really gotten to the nodes yet...
-I'm trying to get everything working correctly before I get to the transforms >_>
2: I am having a prob with the UV's as there's 8 channels...
-I need to somehow apply channels 2-8 to the shaders (if existant)
I am having an indexing prob with the normals as well >_>

so yea...
it's not so different, but not really similar either...

I just need to figure out where Kryal's stored the UV/Normal/Color/Vertex data in the parser and then move that over to a new mdl0 group node.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 27, 2011, 12:59:47 AM
I just need to figure out where Kryal's stored the UV/Normal/Color/Vertex data in the parser and then move that over to a new mdl0 group node.

So once you find it, the mod is pretty much done?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]



Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 26, 2011, 11:55:38 PM
I got shader nodes to initialize correctly. I still need to link their offsets in the material nodes though (which I still need to figure out how to do correctly)

I also need to initialize vertices, uvs, normals and colors nodes.

And on top of that, I need to make sure each value is calcualated correctly for each nodes' values when the model is rebuilt (so it can be saved without errors).

Can't you set those values as constants, if I may ask?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on April 27, 2011, 03:25:07 AM
Can't you set those values as constants, if I may ask?

That's sorta what I'm doing, but not as constants O_o
Things like "ShaderOffset" need to be calculated by getting the size of group nodes, adding their size together, etc, but things like "Flags" can be set to 0 for now.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 27, 2011, 03:39:16 AM
That's sorta what I'm doing, but not as constants O_o
Things like "ShaderOffset" need to be calculated by getting the size of group nodes, adding their size together, etc, but things like "Flags" can be set to 0 for now.

The reason I asked is because I am currently taking C++ at the local community college.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

And if all those things are set-up and working properly, will that fix the import issue my model currently has.
It imports through Kryal's old imported (not properly, but it shows up), so it should in theory work already.

I'm not sure but Kryal may not have added every possible value a dae 140 model could have in it. Brawlbox could be passing up important data special to your model that it doesn't parse yet.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 27, 2011, 11:33:16 PM
I'm not sure but Kryal may not have added every possible value a dae 140 model could have in it. Brawlbox could be passing up important data special to your model that it doesn't parse yet.

that's what I think...

as of right now, I don't think anyone has been able to set the 140 format correctly

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Question...

Is it possible in any way to use only a polygon from a previously mdl0 and make a new mdl0 with just it?

I mean... I wanted to have one polygon from a mdl0 turned into an mdl0 itself. Is that currently possible?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on April 28, 2011, 02:28:48 AM
Question...

Is it possible in any way to use only a polygon from a previously mdl0 and make a new mdl0 with just it?

I mean... I wanted to have one polygon from a mdl0 turned into an mdl0 itself. Is that currently possible?

At the moment, sort of possible.
Soon, yes.

not really actually
well... kinda... :/

'Objects' are a pain and the most touchiest parts of the mdl0
(reguarding the model that is)

it can be done, but there's still alot to go before that's actually possible...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

@tcll: Is it the same deal with replacing polygons? For example: if i wanted to give an import a different sword than the one it has(attached to the model, polygons 7+8), and i have a brres containing the sword that i want to give the import(just the sword is inside the brres, polygons 0+1) How would i do that, without the model messing up and another polygon dissapearing?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on April 28, 2011, 07:55:40 PM
@tcll: Is it the same deal with replacing polygons? For example: if i wanted to give an import a different sword than the one it has(attached to the model, polygons 7+8), and i have a brres containing the sword that i want to give the import(just the sword is inside the brres, polygons 0+1) How would i do that, without the model messing up and another polygon dissapearing?

there's quite alot dealing with objects,
and the process for building them is quite complicated

for your sword:
you'd need the appropriate verts,
and you'd need the object containing the face data.

but objects don't just create the faces of an mdl0...
here's a list of what they deal with
Object:
-vert (indexes)
-normal (indexes)
-uv (indexes)
-bone (parent object)
-weights or groups
-material (link)

the weights/groups are pretty complicated in themselves

they're really a group of verts given a specific number...
this number can be used on the bones or shaders
the bones can be uses for of course morphing the model
the shaders can do a bunch of stuff, such as rendering fur
-(the smaller the number, the shorter the hair)

so yea...
objects are too complicated to play around with as of right now >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.