Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

@tcll
If you want my rigged model for testing related to your importer/converter, I would love to send it to you.

Can we have that 2 bone stage builder block?  :-[
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Tcll on April 28, 2011, 09:15:06 PM

there's quite alot dealing with objects,
and the process for building them is quite complicated

for your sword:
you'd need the appropriate verts,
and you'd need the object containing the face data.

but objects don't just create the faces of an mdl0...
here's a list of what they deal with
Object:
-vert (indexes)
-normal (indexes)
-uv (indexes)
-bone (parent object)
-weights or groups
-material (link)

the weights/groups are pretty complicated in themselves

they're really a group of verts given a specific number...
this number can be used on the bones or shaders
the bones can be uses for of course morphing the model
the shaders can do a bunch of stuff, such as rendering fur
-(the smaller the number, the shorter the hair)

so yea...
objects are too complicated to play around with as of right now >_>

I just meant to replace the polygons. Switch the current sword blade with the new one, and the handle with the new ones.....or is that what you meant?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on April 28, 2011, 10:32:28 PM
I just meant to replace the polygons. Switch the current sword blade with the new one, and the handle with the new ones.....or is that what you meant?

the terms you all go by are all derrogatory
I go by actual 3D/game-dev terms.

Vertex = facepoint
Polygon = Object
Shader = TEV (there isn't a 3D term for these)
Material = Material/Shader

PSA = Logic

there's more terms you guys came up with that cofuses the heck out of me... DX
I can't recall every term... but you get the point...

Quote from: ds22 on April 28, 2011, 09:44:28 PM
@tcll
If you want my rigged model for testing related to your importer/converter, I would love to send it to you.

and I'll gladly take that plz :D

EDIT:
btw
Vertex was one of my biggest confusions as the actual 3D term for it is vertice.

yes, vertexes are vertices

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


hey BJ
I need help with figuring these out:


the 1st 4 blocks are what's needed...
Kryal has to be doing something with them in order to write an mdl0

the block I have crossed out as padding is actually needed... (commom sence)
it's probably a main ID or something (like a scene ID)

IDK yet... but it is needed
(they wouldn't write it if it wasn't)
^especially in the middle of a structure

I think the yellow block is like a link ID or something...

but yea... these are the relocation group structures
I know kryal has them completed,
otherwise, he wouldn't be able to write an mdl0

so I need to know how these work...
can you help me figure these out :-\

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I don't magically know where he writes the relocation groups, he most likely doesn't call it that either...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 29, 2011, 12:17:51 AM
I don't magically know where he writes the relocation groups, he most likely doesn't call it that either...

right...
he most likely calls them 'Pointers' (as in the SDK)

and of course UDK
I didn't expect you to know right off the bat...
(sry if it sounded like I did)

I'm asking for your help in figuring them out. plz :)
since you know the src way better than me -.-*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 29, 2011, 12:33:44 AM
I'll see if I can figure it out for you ;)

thanx :)

any help I can het on anything with my program helps me out in making progress

anyone here know anything about 3D formatting??
(or other game formats not related to nintendo, and how they work)
I could use some help with my global format >_>

btw,
blender's blend format supports 8 UV channels
does 3DS or Maya meet (or pass) these standards??

I'll add support for multiple files as well
(I'll have to change my tmp plugin)

the multiple files will be written in the tmp...
the change to the plugin will allow you to select what "file(s)" to convert
this is only applied when loading a backup tmp

EDIT:
actually...
that may be a bad idea due to the file name...

the way I save backups is:

open: "model.mdl0"
save: "model.obj"
back: "model.mdl0.tmp"

if I were to add backups to the mix:
I'd have to make them save to the same format

open: "mdl1.mdl0" "mdl2.mdl0" "mdl3.dae"
save: "mdl1.obj" "mdl2.obj" "mdl3.obj"
back: "mdl1.mdl0_mdl2.mdl0_mdl3.dae.tmp"

notice how long the backup name is :/

so yea... that could be a problem

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 28, 2011, 10:46:36 PM

the terms you all go by are all derrogatory
I go by actual 3D/game-dev terms.

Vertex = facepoint
Polygon = Object
Shader = TEV (there isn't a 3D term for these)
Material = Material/Shader

PSA = Logic

there's more terms you guys came up with that cofuses the heck out of me... DX
I can't recall every term... but you get the point...

and I'll gladly take that plz :D

EDIT:
btw
Vertex was one of my biggest confusions as the actual 3D term for it is vertice.

yes, vertexes are vertices

I'm pretty sure it is vertex and the plural is vertices :P
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: VILE on April 29, 2011, 06:57:32 AM
I'm pretty sure it is vertex and the plural is vertices :P
yea... it is...

I was just trying to point out vertex was for verts
and not facepoints like the whole programming part of the community takes it as
I just worded it wrong :P
doesn't any one of these programmers look at the 3D terms :srs:

they look at the SDK which has the messed up terms

but Kryal called the TEV's 'Shaders' himself
I knew this would cause even more confusion and tried to correct him on it
but he won't correct it

so keep in mind people...
there's Shaders ans there's "Shaders"
and there's a big difference between them
Kryal may be a good programmer, but he's a moron :notimp:

EDIT:
a little more knowledge

vertice is actually derrived from vertices
so you can call it a vertex or a vertice
yea... that's in the 3D terms

I'm just more used to calling it a vert :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

So. Say I ever finish making Marina Liteyears in 3DSMAX, aside from bone rigging, what else is needed?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on April 29, 2011, 01:37:21 PM
So. Say I ever finish making Marina Liteyears in 3DSMAX, aside from bone rigging, what else is needed?

prbly just enough to do a remodel:

you should get the idea on that... heh

IDK how you're doing it...
base model or scratch??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on April 29, 2011, 02:27:17 PM

prbly just enough to do a remodel:

you should get the idea on that... heh

IDK how you're doing it...
base model or scratch??


Scratch. I'm making Blueprints and everything.

The hardest part is making the top down view so far.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302