Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 07, 2011, 05:36:41 PM
That's the next step. But I still have to focus my attention on the importer too.

I can help you with making it into a professional 3D editor ;)

there's different ways in which you can move the verts:
Normal (not sure how this works yet)
Local (not sure how to explain this (has it's own grid)) :P
Global (current movement setting in brbx (global grid))
View (self explanitory) :P

proportional falloff shouldn't be too hard to implement (so I think) >.>

I could go over every feature right now, but you'd die from an overload :P
I'll give them when they're needed ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 07, 2011, 06:24:33 PM

I can help you with making it into a professional 3D editor ;)

there's different ways in which you can move the verts:
Normal (not sure how this works yet)
Local (not sure how to explain this (has it's own grid)) :P
Global (current movement setting in brbx (global grid))
View (self explanitory) :P

proportional falloff shouldn't be too hard to implement (so I think) >.>

I could go over every feature right now, but you'd die from an overload :P
I'll give them when they're needed ;)

I'm working on adding translation right now actually. However it works is however it works :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 07, 2011, 06:28:53 PM
I'm working on adding translation right now actually. However it works is however it works :P

KK nice :)

also...
a helpful program alot of people could use:
https://gist.github.com/960561

takes a string of hex: (input.txt)
52 45 46 54 FE FF 00 07 00 00 00 A0 00 10 00 01 52 45 46 54 00 00 00 68 ...
^copy'd from HxD (yes I still use it)

and reformats it: (output.txt)
00000000 | 52 45 46 54 FE FF 00 07 00 00 00 A0 00 10 00 01 - REFTþÿ..... ....
00000016 | 52 45 46 54 00 00 00 68 00 00 00 18 00 00 00 00 - REFT...h........
00000032 | 00 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 74 65 73 74 00 00 00 00 - ........test....
00000048 | 00 00 00 20 00 01 00 00 00 09 74 65 73 74 5F 69 - ... ......test_i
00000064 | 6D 67 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 - mg.... .........
00000080 | 00 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 00 00 00 10 01 00 00 00 - ................
00000096 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - ................
00000112 | FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF - ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
00000128 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - ................
00000144 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - ................
^the hex from an REFT I hand built and tested ^_^ (it fully works)

you (of course) have to paste the hex string into 'input.txt'...
it creates 'output.txt' from that

Python is required

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Blackjax96 i am thinking you shoulder call this for BrawlBox V2 :D if you work more on this then just .dae import like the undo button
hopefull the brawlbox with .dae importer will be noob friendly so you dont need so learn alot of hex for just import a model
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: MarioDK on May 07, 2011, 07:59:40 PM
hopefull the brawlbox with .dae importer will be noob friendly so you dont need so learn alot of hex for just import a model
that's why I'm here :P
I know how to put a GUI together, and make it work...
I just can't actually program one DX

take UMC for example...
the only GUI on it consists of multiple buttons for selecting a conversion method for a specific file format...
what's wrong with it?
the buttons don't work, and it selects the last method... DX

and I've gotten 0% help on it in the past... how long ago did I ask??
I lost track after 4 weeks... >:(

I've been gettinig this kind of treatment for a while now...
nobody responds for months or even years...
or just completely ignores your Q's (cough Kryal and Pharrox... cough cough)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

ok awesome i wish i can help but the closest i come for programing is PSAing maybe
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Tcll, you do know that both Kryal and Pharrox have a life and the fact that Kryal stopped working on BBox?
And the fact that some people experience you as a little bit weird?
Also the fact that most people just simply don't know the answers you seek?
Maybe that's why you get almost no help?

Quote from: ds22 on May 07, 2011, 09:18:36 PM
Tcll, you do know that both Kryal and Pharrox have a life and the fact that Kryal stopped working on BBox?
And the fact that some people experience you as a little bit weird?
Also the fact that most people just simply don't know the answers you seek?
Maybe that's why you get almost no help?
I know I'm wierd :P
and not just a bit either... lol

btw... Kryal hasn't stopped...
he just went underground is all

and the people I ask do know the answers
(they wrote the programs that do the stuff I'm trying to do)

they are on too...
I watch their activity (when they were last on)
and it has been fairly recent

hey... you may look at me as a stalker,
but I'm an admin of 4 of the 9 forums I go to regularly...
I must have a pretty good rep to have that kind of power...
(and not let it control me)

I'm sry I'm bursting out like this -_-
I've just had my balls smashed, ripped out, and shoved down my throat...
I'm not in a very good mood

highlight below if you wish to know why (but be warned):

freakin insolent fools think that just because they are admin,
they think they have the power to do whatever they want...
reguardless of other people's feelings or opinions...
that type of person isn't even an admin at all >:O
they're a moron who think they're smart enough to control other people like puppets
they don't deserve that kind of power

^don't read that if you just want to see WTHk I typed (you have been warned)

btw... notice how I don't cuss whatsoever...
I have quite a long story behind that,
but lets just say I've made a vow I intend to keep

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 07, 2011, 10:14:27 PM
I know I'm wierd :P
and not just a bit either... lol

btw... Kryal hasn't stopped...
he just went underground is all

and the people I ask do know the answers
(they wrote the programs that do the stuff I'm trying to do)

they are on too...
I watch their activity (when they were last on)
and it has been fairly recent

hey... you may look at me as a stalker,
but I'm an admin of 4 of the 9 forums I go to regularly...
I must have a pretty good rep to have that kind of power...
(and not let it control me)

I'm sry I'm bursting out like this -_-
I've just had my balls smashed, ripped out, and shoved down my throat...
I'm not in a very good mood

highlight below if you wish to know why (but be warned):

^don't read that if you just want to see WTHk I typed (you have been warned)

btw... notice how I don't cuss whatsoever...
I have quite a long story behind that,
but lets just say I've made a vow I intend to keep

.......wow...(ill keep tht a secret to those who dnt wanna know...)

but i totally agree with you.

You think you're wierd? no. Try this.

Im a 14 year old boy who has 3 real life friends total. I'm flamed every day, got ma ass kicked by a hockey puck, and have been a hermit staying indoors for the past month (besides school). I'm the quietest kid in high scool (freshman) exept when im around my friends. My parents hate my best friend Zoe, who's been there for me no matter what. I just barley recovered from having straight F's in school, and my parents got a divorce this year. My mom went off and got pregnant (with another jackass) a week after they told me nd ma bro they were getting a divorce, and they got the divorce 3 months later (THANX ALOT COURT) Ma mom is havin the kid in bout 2 - 3 weeks and won't leave me the **** alone. Ma brother is now a "jock" on the track team at his middleschool (6th grade) and is the biggest pain in the ass you'll ever meet. Ma dad doesn't care bout anyone but himself anymore and thinks he's hot [censored] jus cuz hes ma father. FML!........

Yea, ma life sux.

Srry bout tht.....needed to get it out somehow, right? :) :/ :(

anyways....back on topic.

are we still unable to deconsttruct the materials?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on May 07, 2011, 10:43:54 PM
.......wow...(ill keep tht a secret to those who dnt wanna know...)

but i totally agree with you.

You think you're wierd? no. Try this.

Im a 14 year old boy who has 3 real life friends total. I'm flamed every day, got ma ass kicked by a hockey puck, and have been a hermit staying indoors for the past month (besides school). I'm the quietest kid in high scool (freshman) exept when im around my friends. My parents hate my best friend Zoe, who's been there for me no matter what. I just barley recovered from having straight F's in school, and my parents got a divorce this year. My mom went off and got pregnant (with another jackass) a week after they told me nd ma bro they were getting a divorce, and they got the divorce 3 months later (THANX ALOT COURT) Ma mom is havin the kid in bout 2 - 3 weeks and won't leave me the **** alone. Ma brother is now a "jock" on the track team at his middleschool (6th grade) and is the biggest pain in the ass you'll ever meet. Ma dad doesn't care bout anyone but himself anymore and thinks he's hot [censored] jus cuz hes ma father. FML!........

Yea, ma life sux.

Srry bout tht.....needed to get it out somehow, right? :) :/ :(

Not sure how to respond to this... uh... I hope your life gets better.

And materials... what?


I could deconstruct them...

I just need to get there first >_>

btw... it's:
Materials/Shaders
TEV's

BJ is working to fix that <.<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 07, 2011, 11:26:05 PM

I could deconstruct them...

I just need to get there first >_>

btw... it's:
Materials/Shaders
TEV's

BJ is working to fix that <.<

I am? What's wrong with them?

Quote from: Tcll on May 07, 2011, 08:28:35 PM
that's why I'm here :P
I know how to put a GUI together, and make it work...
I just can't actually program one DX

take UMC for example...
the only GUI on it consists of multiple buttons for selecting a conversion method for a specific file format...
what's wrong with it?
the buttons don't work, and it selects the last method... DX

and I've gotten 0% help on it in the past... how long ago did I ask??
I lost track after 4 weeks... >:(

I've been gettinig this kind of treatment for a while now...
nobody responds for months or even years...
or just completely ignores your Q's (cough Kryal and Pharrox... cough cough)

Here's a commented example of creating a GUI program that makes an empty file of one of two filetypes:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/Example.pyw

It's pretty simple, but if you try to pass arguments to the functions called from the buttons, it runs the function upon creation of the button.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on May 07, 2011, 11:48:23 PM
Here's a commented example of creating a GUI program that makes an empty file of one of two filetypes:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5869687/Example.pyw

It's pretty simple, but if you try to pass arguments to the functions called from the buttons, it runs the function upon creation of the button.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

umm... yea...

button1 = Button(text="Set file type to to .txt",command = setToTxt)
button2 = Button(text="Set file type to to .dat",command = setToDat)
button3 = Button(text="Create file",command = makeFile) #command can't have anything passed to the function it calls, as far as I'm aware D:
button1.pack()
button2.pack()
button3.pack()

now try this:

button1 put in plugin1.py
button2 put in plugin2.py
button3 put in main.py

run main.py and you should get 3 buttons

now lets add another plugin 'plugin0.py', and add button0 to that
you shouldn't have to edit main.py to add the plugin or the button

my UMC alpha release has the code for doing that (import and export)
but the command for each button executes as it's created

hmm <.<
I just got an idea off of one of my old ideas (improvement)

what I did before was this:

buttons = ['button1','button2','button3']

the new idea is:

buttons = '
button1
button2
button3
'

didn't think to store them all dynamically as a single string before making them clickable
thanx for telling me this when I asked this 3 months ago Daniweb :notimp:

the command works, but the code didn't...

imSC gets set to the last button value (whatever that is)

I'll try this idea, and report back if it... doesn't... work...

EDIT:
DANGIT

dont you just love when you leave your code alone for a while and forget EVERYTHING about it D:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 07, 2011, 11:13:11 PM
Not sure how to respond to this... uh... I hope your life gets better.

And materials... what?

thanx.....yea...srry for pourin ma whole life story out on y'all.....

EDIT: it worries me deeply tht im not emo from it all..... :srs:
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]