Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: MarioDK on May 13, 2011, 10:54:05 PM
so that means if i give Goku Cp. falcon´s boneset it will still not work? with Brawl animations

It will, but you'll need to do some work.

Quote from: Difegue on May 13, 2011, 10:52:24 PM
So rigging a model to a brawl skeleton won't allow us to use the native brawl animations right off the bat unless the model is a perfect fit.

...unless I make that "smart chr0 importer" that Kryal said he would start (but never did) :P
It'll compare the translations between the chr0 and the model and edit the chr0 to fit the skeleton.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 13, 2011, 10:57:20 PM
It will, but you'll need to do some work.
ok (i hoping you are making a Guide for it :D)i will for sure use this Program alot then i get the ripper to work
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 13, 2011, 10:57:20 PM
"smart chr0 importer" that Kryal said he would start (but never did) :P
It'll compare the translations between the chr0 and the model and edit the chr0 to fit the skeleton.

Never stop being amazing please


Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 13, 2011, 11:01:33 PM
I'll try not to >.<

I would love to make Marina Liteyears, but I know next to nothing about going about making the models and how many pieces it should be in.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on May 13, 2011, 11:04:34 PM
I would love to make Marina Liteyears, but I know next to nothing about going about making the models and how many pieces it should be in.

Well I have no experience modeling at all whatsoever, but I do know my way around 3ds Max enough to fix model rips. Like I said, I'll make a tutorial when I get the export/save working and get a model to work in-game.

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on May 13, 2011, 11:04:34 PM
I would love to make Marina Liteyears, but I know next to nothing about going about making the models and how many pieces it should be in.

btw...
I think I now understand which type of "hollow" you want

simply duplicate the model part and scale it inward,
then join he faces :)


hey 404...
you're free right??

you think you could help me on my format,
as well as make a previewer for it??

I've got enough to do with these plugins, or I'd do it myself... heh

my format needs major fixing though >.>
in it's current state, it's only half as good as DAE... :(

EDIT:
I havn't made any progress on Riku as of yet -.-
I still need to make a face on him...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I really am not experienced with 3D models, sorry.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

could you like, try and get it to work with 3DS8 too please :oshi:
unless you want to send me a download link to a hackers way of getting it.
Cause there's NO way I'm buying a 2,000 dollar program just for this lol

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on May 13, 2011, 11:55:00 PM
could you like, try and get it to work with 3DS8 too please :oshi:
unless you want to send me a download link to a hackers way of getting it.
Cause there's NO way I'm buying a 2,000 dollar program just for this lol

I might take back what I said about only using 3DS Max 2010. You might be able to use 3DS Max 8. The problem was not exporting as a single matrix. That step is crucial to success O_o The importer should work with 140 and 141 dae versions.

It would be important to get this to work with 3DS max 8 and 9 since most model related hacks I've seen use those versions.

Yeah, what is this single matrix business O_0 tis the first I've heard of it lol

Also, once you get it working 100% (As in In-Game too) in the latest version of the program, it should be easy to get it working for the earlier versions yes?

I'm asking cause there couldn't be TOO many changes to the codework, if it was more than two versions back maybe, but two I wouldn't think so.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on May 13, 2011, 11:55:00 PM
could you like, try and get it to work with 3DS8 too please :oshi:
unless you want to send me a download link to a hackers way of getting it.
Cause there's NO way I'm buying a 2,000 dollar program just for this lol
WTHk are you talking about...

it should work with 3DS
not sure about Blender 5x yet though >.>

Blender 5x is supposedly supposed to have the bugs from the 4x series fixed

I'm waiting for blender 6x first :P

dude...
get blender...
it's better than 3DS
and it's easier to use... (you just have to do things a bit different)

I've used 3DS at my skool before...
3DS == POC DX

in this case... free = better
dude... get blender :|

I've currently got 2.49 as I'm not getting 2.5x
5x is stable, but there's only a few very minor things that need fixing
(if none at all)

IK for sure 6x will be complete (why I'm waiting)
but it's pretty much there now :)

get blender



not to mention I'm working on .blend support for my converter ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on May 14, 2011, 12:07:40 AM
Yeah, what is this single matrix business O_0 tis the first I've heard of it lol

Also, once you get it working 100% (As in In-Game too) in the latest version of the program, it should be easy to get it working for the earlier versions yes?

I'm asking cause there couldn't be TOO many changes to the codework, if it was more than two versions back maybe, but two I wouldn't think so.

Are you saying you want the importer to work in Brawlbox v0.63d? Kryal changed the code A LOT to work with this importer. I'd have to make a lot more than "a few changes" to get this into 63d. I'd wind up just doing everything Kryal's done already.

Quote from: Tcll on May 14, 2011, 12:11:02 AM
get blender

get me some food

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 14, 2011, 12:13:14 AM
Are you saying you want the importer to work in Brawlbox v0.63d? Kryal changed the code A LOT to work with this importer. I'd have to make a lot more than "a few changes" to get this into 63d. I'd wind up just doing everything Kryal's done already.

get me some food

No no, I'm not talking about the version of BB at all >_<'' I'm saying I'd like the importing to work with DAE's created from at least 3DS 8 and/or 9 as well as 3DS 10 :l  Thats why I was asking if it'd be easier to get said files working with the importer after you get the 3DS10 dae files working 100%

I can wait longer, if that helps XD

Either that, or find me a keygen for 3DS10 XP