Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on May 13, 2011, 07:14:28 PM
So, were you using a variable containing a string for the command = input?
Or are you storing the whole command in a string?
I'll look at what you have, but there's no guarantee I'll fix anything.
But I'll try.

Interesting sidenote: when typing "string" in the first line, I almost capitalized the "S" due to Java syntax XD

lol

and yea, I'm using:
cmds = "
*button_name*.config(command = function(*key_name*))
"
eval(cmds)

and KK, I'll have it UL'd in a few :)
thanx... even for trying ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 13, 2011, 02:00:24 AM
well, I've just gotten my Conversion Method Button Window back to it's previous state:


none of the buttons work though...

note: that window will appear if there are 2 or more plugins associated for a specific file type

the reason they don't work yet is because the command activates as soon as the button is created :/
this creates an internal error as it destroys the window and causes an error w/in the main app

I am however thinking of logging the button commands in a seperate var as they're created,
then dynamically loading the var after all the buttons are created

yes, this is what I ment by multi-reference conversion...


btw, a major internal change I made:
both the import and export functions use the same button window,
instead of 2 seperate button windows
with that program you are making can i use it for rip Dr. Mario out form Melee? i see the .iso got alot of .dat files
i will try to give Dr. mario same boneset as mario or Almost the same :D then i will try to port Dr. mario over Marth or Ike or a other that got afew GFXs(this time it is going to work good like ShadowKong i got a idea) so Dr. mario gets Piles as GFX over a other then Mario and side-B cape as GFX
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: MarioDK on May 13, 2011, 07:37:09 PM
with that program you are making can i use it for rip Dr. Mario out form Melee? i see the .iso got alot of .dat files
i will try to give Dr. mario same boneset as mario or Almost the same :D then i will try to port Dr. mario over Marth or Ike or a other that got afew GFXs(this time it is going to work good like ShadowKong i got a idea) so Dr. mario gets Piles as GFX over a other then Mario and side-B cape as GFX

actually, I'm working on converting it directly to mdl0 >_>
but I suppose you could do that...
I don't like changing a current boneset than the one it already has...
I just keep the necessary bones for brawl (melee already has them)
and just add the bones to the animations
(I don't like messing up the original char)
^meaning you could play as either-or

I'm already working on that with Pachi,
but I just need a bone adder that doesn't screw up the MDL0

I messed up with my first try on Pachi...
(may have missed a few offsets to change) >.>
it worked in brbx, but not brawl
(missing a few offsets would be a good reason for that)

I'm not changing them again though...
someone needs to work on a bone adder that works right

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

ok :D but DR. mario over a other then a mario char. is for sure one of my next projects
but not Dr. Mario Melee Moveset
but Dr. Mario Brawl moveset not 100% same as Mario but still got piles/Side-B cape/needles for as FS i am thinking on
but thats after Gotenks i am not sure who i will work on after Gotenks is done with moveset :D
and for boneset i hope mario´s Animations can be used on Dr. mario so i just have to fix the ANimations over Dr. mario from Mario
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

here you go 404 :)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NMVGVJQL

if anyone else is curious,
you can DL to see what I'm up to :)

all the plugins I'm working on are included

the old plugins in 'New Folder' need to be UD'd before they can be used
(they're missing some data from the main functions)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: MarioDK on May 13, 2011, 07:51:25 PM
ok :D but DR. mario over a other then a mario char. is for sure one of my next projects
but not Dr. Mario Melee Moveset
but Dr. Mario Brawl moveset not 100% same as Mario but still got piles/Side-B cape/needles for as FS i am thinking on
but thats after Gotenks i am not sure who i will work on after Gotenks is done with moveset :D
and for boneset i hope mario´s Animations can be used on Dr. mario so i just have to fix the ANimations over Dr. mario from Mario

you can put him over mario and give him a different moveset >_>
you'll be animating Dr. Mario on top of Mario's animations

Dr. Mario won't be using Mario's animations,
but a different animation added to Mario's

that's what I'm doing with Pachi, DP, and Riku (my char)...

they are all going over Pika, and will have different movements...
but they will have the same attacks >_>

not sure how to edit the logic to support different models yet...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

ok i know that trick :D(thats how you making oneslot animations or oneslot resize) but the Filesize is a problem
i dont think we can port the Animations from Melee to Brawl :(
and for Real Goku model with CP. falcon Boneset so he can go with my moveset i am still not sure it is possible (but i am still hoping)
i will try then i get a ripped Model from a DBZ game but atleast this .dae importer thing make it alot easyer to make vertex with Export part
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: MarioDK on May 13, 2011, 08:01:02 PM
ok i know that trick :D(thats how you making oneslot animations :D or oneslot resize) but the Filesize is a problem :D
i dont think we can port the Animations from Melee to Brawl :(

filesize isn't an issue if you clear up some virtual memory
just put blanks over the SSE vids and some brstm's that arn't used

and for animations...
if you want melee animations,
you'll have to animate them manually...

remember...
you're adding the animations over mario's,
so you'll be editing mario's animations to add dr. mario's bones and animate them

EDIT:
btw, melee animations are in Pl**Aj.dat files

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I am hype over this, really!
but it's something I bewaring of.

it's feels TOO easy.
sure, I know its good, easy and fast but I want it to be little challangeing too.

I have seen M2K have wrote this in this thread
Stupid Tinypic :C

M2K or M22K?

There's a big difference between Mew2King and Mewtwo2000...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: pikazz on May 13, 2011, 09:30:00 PM
I am hype over this, really!
but it's something I bewaring of.

it's feels TOO easy.
sure, I know its good, easy and fast but I want it to be little challangeing too.

I have seen M2K have wrote this in this thread

challenging... pheh

I write my programs to be as simple and conveinent as possible (for the user)

it takes alot of programming to add in those "simple" tasks
but it's well worth it in the end,
and fun but stressful for the programmer.

yes,
programming and game dev are what I have fun doing :D



don't even bring up selling my programs
who cares about money when you can have fun :D

for those who think buying programs is better,
you're being ripped off >:D

welcome to the age of freedom >:D


lol
don't counter-quote me on that :P
it's just believable nonsense

I was just having fun :P

I'm working towards a free age anyways
think about it...
we really don't need money to live...
there's all kinds of alternatives,
you just have to be smart enough to figure them out,
and make them conveinient for everyone. :)

lol... sry bout a rant XD
lets get back on topic shall we :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: pikazz on May 13, 2011, 09:30:00 PM
I am hype over this, really!
but it's something I bewaring of.

it's feels TOO easy.
sure, I know its good, easy and fast but I want it to be little challangeing too.

I have seen M2K have wrote this in this thread

Don't worry. It's still hard -_-

You need to make sure every setting is correct and make sure that each material you assign in 3ds max is to its own object, then you need to make sure it has a working rig, and then once you import it, you might have to re-assign some stuff. And you'll still have to go through the usual model importing steps to fix any glitches.

And if you want to rig the model to a brawl skeleton, that's a lot of work, and it's just to fix the TransN, HipN, HandN and ThrowN glitches. You'll still need to fix translations (and sometimes even rotation) on animations if you want to use brawl animations.

So rigging a model to a brawl skeleton won't allow us to use the native brawl animations right off the bat unless the model is a perfect fit.

Makes sense, I remember when M2000 released a version of Ganon's Tower which replaced the Ganon model with Cpt.Falcon, his arms and legs were stretched out because of the difference in animation translations.

...I think.

Anyways if we can import animation data from other wii games I'm already happy :af:

so that means if i give Goku Cp. falcon´s boneset it will still not work? with Brawl animations
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later