Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Difegue on May 15, 2011, 06:55:50 PM
My life aside, most of the models in Melee are also in trophy form. So if we can already convert those, it'd be great! It would just be time-consuming re-rigging some of them.
(I'd totally want to rig the Ayumi and Diskun models Melee has, through. sooo awesome)

I had a trophy converter...
mine was the best of all of them (for quality)

but it only worked on few trophies...
the rest just crashed it, or didn't fully convert

I scrapped it long ago...
it was a brute-force method (going strait to the data and converting it)

but most all the others were as well...
still though... even if it didn't fully convert...
it still looked better than Jahra!n's converter

I never saw Sarah Harp's converter <_< (only heard talk that it was pretty good)
heh... but she wanted to be an idiot and try to sell it XDD
anyways...
there was one more I couldn't use (I won't ever get 3DS again)
but the images of the imports show'd to be worse than jahra!n


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I think the only good way to get around Melee's dat so far is to use a ripper program with Dolphin, then. Well.

I guess you could ask on xentax info about the format, if you know some stuff about it. Just say you're interested in knowing how the model works and post what you know, tho.
If you're a noob like me it's likely they won't help you X(

I have a question to ask.

How long would it take to give to an already existing mdl0 bones from another existing mdl0?
Would it be too hard?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Difegue on May 15, 2011, 09:04:23 PM
I think the only good way to get around Melee's dat so far is to use a ripper program with Dolphin, then. Well.

I guess you could ask on xentax info about the format, if you know some stuff about it. Just say you're interested in knowing how the model works and post what you know, tho.
If you're a noob like me it's likely they won't help you X(

Revel8n's been my biggest support in the dat format
he's mapped out everything on SWF ;)

but umm
rippers suck... I've tried them
all they give you is an unrigged model in the pose of the capture

screw that XD

and dude...
I'm the one building a converter for the format
I've already gotten the bones to log in my tmp format (unfinished of course)

calling me a noob on the dat format is like saying I don't like pop ^_^

for those who don't know me well:
I literally live off pop (don't drink water... EVER)
the doctors say I'm perfectly fine :af:
^(for those who think I'm the unhealthiest man alive)
lol

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Well, I didn't mean to say that you were a noob, just that noobs like me get ignored on that forum. Sorry for expressing myself kinda badly.

@br3: even if it's a premade mdl0, if you export it change the bone structure and convert it to .dae, it counts as a full import.
And BlackJax said that imports didn't save well yet. Sorry about your 2-bone block!

Unless you were talking about hex editing a bone tree from a mdl0 into another mdl0, which would take forever anyways since you'd have to get the headers and rigging figured out.
(since we don't have an mdl0 editor, that would be the only way to do that without going the export->import route, I guess?)

I was talking about making a mdl0 have the boneset of another mdl0.

Now that I think about it, if ds22 is using a previously mdl0 Naruto, my question is already answered...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


well, that's the same thing as exporting the model, rigging it with a previously existing skeleton, and re-importing it. ie it's not hard, but you'll have to wait for the importer to be done. :V

That would be really useful.

Also, I wonder why isn't my block suggestion being tried if all this effort is being put into Naruto who seems much harder to make work.

I mean, the block would make the life of all stage builders easier. Naruto, on the other hand...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on May 16, 2011, 12:41:57 AM
That would be really useful.

Also, I wonder why isn't my block suggestion being tried if all this effort is being put into Naruto who seems much harder to make work.

I mean, the block would make the life of all stage builders easier. Naruto, on the other hand...

probably cause the purpose of this importer was for characters :l
Not just naruto spasifically, though naruto is mainstream, and huge, so yeah...

not really, I'd be pretty happy if I could get some stages from Melee or whole sceneries from games on other consoles like Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Also, I think the Naruto model is just being used as a test for the importer. In any case, the current build can't get anything ingame, so don't get angry at him ninjaing your 2-bone block X)

And on the positive side: if a Brawl character skeleton imports well, a block with an extra bone will be loleasy and you'll get it in no time. No need to rush them.

Well, the thing about MvC3 stages is that they are flat (unless that the fight isn't where the fighters normally are).

Also, hype for a real Cloud!
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


why do you guys worry about bone structure so much D:

all you need is brawl's main bones (TopN, TransN, XRotN, HipN, etc)
and the bones of the import (renamed so they don't match the original char's bones)

why limit a char to only using a single selection, when you can use them all :-\


btw... speaking of MvC3
I did ask VILE on a P-Chat to get me the specs on them :/

not sure when I'm gonna get them though -.-

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I really don't understand why you hate 3DS Max. I personally find Blender incredibly weird to use, while 3DS Max is a lot simpler to me.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on May 16, 2011, 03:28:48 AM
I really don't understand why you hate 3DS Max. I personally find Blender incredibly weird to use, while 3DS Max is a lot simpler to me.
well...
I'm more used to the 4x series...

the 5x series had a major GUI change,
and they've added alot more features to make it more decent to use

the trick to using blender is memorizing the keyboard shortcuts...
once there, it's extremely easy to use...

3DS you have to go through this and activate that before you can use the commands...
and there's not very many shortcuts...
or is there, and I just DK about them?? :/

I've hated 3DS because you have to buy it (main reason)

the hack caused random blue screens on my one computer after the 30 days...
(even when I wasn't running it)

not to mention 3DS can't do some of the tricks blender can...
it's been a while since I've actually used 3DS,
but there was about 2 or 3 I couldn't do (I'd have to get 3DS again to recall them)

the way to actually build models in 3DS is annoying...
blender puts everything on the keyboard, while 3DS scatters everything >_>

TBH, I don't really hate it so much...
it's like you said... I find it wierd to use

here's an extra:
you can actually develope games for blender :)
let's see 3DS do that XDD

one thing I like about 3DS is you can actually play an animation while in edit mode...
in blender you have to preview the animation 'P' which takes you to a different screen...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

good news :af:

my melee progress will soon equal my brawl progress >D
I've just made an extremely large jump on my understanding of the DAT format :happy:

so melee will soon be convertable... YES!!!

Pichu, you will have your revenge on nintendo soon enough >D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.