Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.

Rather then removing it, have it collapse, so the UV changes stay.


When this gets done, I'm going to make a tutorial on building a decent looking brawl stage from scratch in sketchup (an easier to use modeling tool than most), importing it, and giving it touches to make it look like a great stage.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

may i get some help converting Inuysha's model?
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Hey BJ, does your animation fixer works? Because there are some animations I'd love to use from another game, and while the BRRES viewer plays them perfectly, BrawlBox screws them up by only leaving 10 frames.
If that auto-conversion works, could you see if you can get the animations in this .brres working in Brawl? I can give you the related model if you want. (even tho you probably already have it, it's Haruhi :c )
http://www.mediafire.com/?ha6dh8g1wqh2wg2

Also, animation merger, please? Like, if I have two chr0s of 20 frames each, can I get a 40-frame chr0? The only way I know of doing that is by copy-pasting the coordinates and that takes forever :c?

Quote from: Difegue on May 25, 2011, 04:38:44 PM
Hey BJ, does your animation fixer works? Because there are some animations I'd love to use from another game, and while the BRRES viewer plays them perfectly, BrawlBox screws them up by only leaving 10 frames.
If that auto-conversion works, could you see if you can get the animations in this .brres working in Brawl? I can give you the related model if you want. (even tho you probably already have it, it's Haruhi :c )
http://www.mediafire.com/?ha6dh8g1wqh2wg2

Also, animation merger, please? Like, if I have two chr0s of 20 frames each, can I get a 40-frame chr0? The only way I know of doing that is by copy-pasting the coordinates and that takes forever :c?

^This tool will be the single most epic brawlbox addon ever as well as the importer.

Imagine a Kakashi psa using his moves from Con3 :af2:

Imagine Goku/Vegeta/Gotenks with using  they moves from DBZ BT 3 ;D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

hmmm...
I was just studying a bit more into the MDL0 format before doing any more programming

I noticed that the matrix primitives arn't just at the beginning of the object...
they're actually grouped in an alternating pattern of matrices then facepoints

this actually gets me curious on how a program would build the display list...


btw...
how exactly does the matrix value of a facepoint work??
like how do you get the transformation values from the display list??

you sent me some code BJ...
but that was for calculating the values in list P

how do you insert the matrix values into the P list??
(I assume P is for Position... or Vertex in GDv terms)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Difegue on May 25, 2011, 04:38:44 PM
Hey BJ, does your animation fixer works? Because there are some animations I'd love to use from another game, and while the BRRES viewer plays them perfectly, BrawlBox screws them up by only leaving 10 frames.
If that auto-conversion works, could you see if you can get the animations in this .brres working in Brawl? I can give you the related model if you want. (even tho you probably already have it, it's Haruhi :c )
http://www.mediafire.com/?ha6dh8g1wqh2wg2

This should work:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtfk284odmacong
Edit: I just figured out how to get the string and number of frames for any chr0, so now you don't need to figure out the number of frames yourself.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on May 25, 2011, 04:47:07 PM
^This tool will be the single most epic brawlbox addon ever as well as the importer.

If you're talking about the animation fixer, that's already done, and if you're talking about the animation merger, well I have something WAAAAAAY better than a few more little tools for animating up my sleeve :P

Quote from: Difegue on May 25, 2011, 04:38:44 PM
Also, animation merger, please? Like, if I have two chr0s of 20 frames each, can I get a 40-frame chr0? The only way I know of doing that is by copy-pasting the coordinates and that takes forever :c?

I'll see if I can do that...

a CHR0 merger... hmm

I actually had a somewhat similar idea for my custom char imports
since my imports allow the original char to be used with the import

to do this, the import's bones must be added to the original chars animations...
so, I'll be releasing the imports as a single add-on to the original char...

but what if you want to add more imports to the char,
instead of just having a single import

thus, you'll need a program to add the bones to your fitmotionetc animations

an example I could give to give you an idea is:

Pikachu:
1 - DPv4 (vertex+texture)
2 - Pachi (pokepark import)
3 - Pichu (melee import)
4 - Riku (custom char export)

there is only 1 problem with my method...

due to all the imports using the same animations
the animation length for each animation of each import must e the same
(170 frames)

I am working on a way to seperate these...
but this is the best I got for now... heh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

blackjax, after reading some of the posts here, a question comes up in my mind...
are u the creator of the brawlbox modsets??????
if so, u thought about making somthing to "port animations"
like a list appears with all the bones used in the animation, and u rename those bones to fit the other character's, that would be very usefull for brawl movesets with other games' animations...

^^

Modsets are made by Bero IIRC
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: jokekid on May 26, 2011, 10:32:25 AM
blackjax, after reading some of the posts here, a question comes up in my mind...
are u the creator of the brawlbox modsets??????
if so, u thought about making somthing to "port animations"
like a list appears with all the bones used in the animation, and u rename those bones to fit the other character's, that would be very usefull for brawl movesets with other games' animations...

^^

Already SO easy. Open up your animations in BrawlBox, and double click on them when they load. then just rename the bones.
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 25, 2011, 11:14:51 PM
This should work:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtfk284odmacong
Yup, they're working perfectly. Thanks! The mdl0 for her skirt doesn't want to move tho, I have to try re-hexing it... I want the school uniform to work dang it :(

Quote from: jokekid on May 26, 2011, 10:32:25 AM
blackjax, after reading some of the posts here, a question comes up in my mind...
are u the creator of the brawlbox modsets??????
if so, u thought about making somthing to "port animations"
like a list appears with all the bones used in the animation, and u rename those bones to fit the other character's, that would be very usefull for brawl movesets with other games' animations...

^^

dude...
this actually started as somewhat of my idea...
since BJ could progg in C# and Brbx was in C#

he first denied, then got into it later... heh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.