Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SmashClash on June 20, 2011, 07:49:18 PM
BlackJax, in BrawlBox, do you think you could include Mass 1 Slot resizing?

This post made me think of this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15324.msg543182#msg543182

Already started on it, MarioDK reminded me about that.

...Ninja'd

Awesomesauce :af:  I honestly can't wait!  Will the interpolation be fixed at all so it's not as static as in the older version of Brawlbox, but not as drastic as in the more recent versions?

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on June 20, 2011, 07:55:48 PMAwesomesauce :af:  I honestly can't wait!  Will the interpolation be fixed at all so it's not as static as in the older version of Brawlbox, but not as drastic as in the more recent versions?
each time i see a prograss(you can understand easy and not like sometimes Tcll say with all these Codes ofc can someone like blackjax understand them but not noobs :D)i get Hyped even more :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on June 20, 2011, 07:55:48 PM
Awesomesauce :af:  I honestly can't wait!  Will the interpolation be fixed at all so it's not as static as in the older version of Brawlbox, but not as drastic as in the more recent versions?

I honestly don't even know where the interpolation happens in the code XD I always thought it was ok. If I bump into it, I'll figure out how to tone it down a little.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM
- Kinect Skeleton Tracking, like Miku Miku Dance

Sweet...
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote- Kinect Skeleton Tracking
:D
Does this mean what I think it means?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on June 20, 2011, 08:36:09 PM
:D
Does this mean what I think it means?

Yep :D The only hard part will be calculating rotation of the parent bone by using the translation of the current bone (since OpenNI translates bones, not rotates)

plz explain the kinect part u mentioned...
u dont mean we can make animations through a video right??? (i rly sounded like a noob here...)

June 20, 2011, 10:29:50 PM #1508 Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:48:12 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: jokekid on June 20, 2011, 10:18:36 PM
plz explain the kinect part u mentioned...
u dont mean we can make animations through a video right??? (i rly sounded like a noob here...)

You're partly right...
You make animations throught a live video taken with the kinect. It tracks your movements and applies them to the model.

BTW (at everyone), Webcams DO NOT work AT ALL. Don't bother asking. The kinect has a special system that tracks each joint. Webcams can't do what the kinect can.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 20, 2011, 10:29:50 PMYou're partly right... You make animations throught a live video taken with the kinect. It tracks your movements and applies them to the model.
Wow, that's cool.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 20, 2011, 10:29:50 PMYou're partly right... You make animations throught a live video taken with the kinect. It tracks your movements and applies them to the model.

Can you make a version of this that works through a webcam instead as well...
I am not going to spend 40+ bucks on a microsoft X-box accessory just for this. Especially since I'd have to explain to my mom why I'm buying it even though I don't have an Xbox =_=;

My computer monitor has a webcam installed and built into it, so yeah. if you could do that...

Quote from: SmashClash on June 20, 2011, 10:43:26 PMWow, that's cool.

Except for the 40 or something of us Kittens who don't have an xbox or feel like buying an Xbox accessory just to use this feature once in a blue moon.

1. Don't double post.

2. It took Microsoft years to make a camera that can track joints accurately. That's MICROSOFT. Not a single, no budget (no offense, but you're not getting paid) developer.

I may buy a kinect for its weird side-hacks, actually. And I don't own an xbox 360.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on June 20, 2011, 11:19:59 PM
Can you make a version of this that works through a webcam instead as well...
I am not going to spend 40+ bucks on a microsoft X-box accessory just for this. Especially since I'd have to explain to my mom why I'm buying it even though I don't have an Xbox =_=;

My computer monitor has a webcam installed and built into it, so yeah. if you could do that...

Quote from: BlackJax96
BTW (at everyone), Webcams DO NOT work AT ALL. Don't bother asking. The kinect has a special system that tracks each joint. Webcams can't do what the kinect can.

I even told you in PM! Did you think posting it on the thread would make a difference? It's NOT POSSIBLE.

lol
if webcams don't work then how come 3D scanners are possible with them XD

anyways...
hate the 360, love the Kinect

btw...
it's $140.00 for a Kinect

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.